Jan
2011

Double Cheese and Bacon Egg Biscuits

Breakfast and Brunch

There is nothing better than enjoying a family favorite breakfast. At our house, we enjoy breakfast for breakfast, lunch and dinner sometimes. The great thing about breakfast foods is that they are packed with such great flavor and usually quick and are easy to prepare. Today I will share with you a quick and easy family favorite breakfast of ours that takes just a few minutes to prepare and the entire family loves it! Hope you enjoy our Double Cheese and Bacon Egg Biscuits :)

Start with a roll of refrigerated biscuits.  Have you seen the new Pillsbury “Simply” line?  It’s all natural with no preservatives.  Check it out :)  You press each biscuit into your muffin tins, partially bake then press the centers to make room for the egg filling.

Time to make the eggs.

If you haven’t added feta cheese to your eggs, you are missing out.  Try it in this recipe, mmm :)

Sprinkle with Cheese and bacon, then bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set.

Double Cheese and Bacon Egg Biscuits

4 large eggs

2 tablespoons milk

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

1 can refrigerated biscuits, 10 count

6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled

1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place eggs into mixing bowl and add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine then stir in feta cheese. Press each biscuit round into 10 regular size muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 6 minutes, remove from oven and with the end of a wooden spoon press centers of dough to make room for egg mixture. Pour in egg mixture into each partially baked biscuit, top evenly with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove and enjoy.

10 individual servings

Comments

great idea!
    That inspires me full of something!
    Thank you!

Melissa K says:

I made these last week for “breakfast for dinner” and they were a big hit with everyone!

Donna says:

I’ve got to make those they look so awesome and good. woohoo

Jennifer says:

These are tasty and oh so easy! Made these for my husband this past week. We were able to reheat for a couple of days and had a great breakfast before work/school. We just switched up the bacon for turkey bacon. When we have company, i will use the real thing! Terrific recipe!!

Susan says:

Made these over the weekend and ended up with egg all over the bottom of the oven. Yes, I followed the recipe and yes, I squashed the biscuits down pleanty. What when wrong?

Shelbi says:

I LOVE this recipe! I’ve made it a few times now. I’ve never had feta on hand for them, but I want to try them with it sometime. Thanks for the awesome breakfast recipe!

Meike says:

That looks amazing! Here in where I live, we don’ t have refrigerated biscuit, Pillsburry simple line. How can I substitute that with? Thanks

conna says:

I made this a couple of times and I its a success … i also posted it to my blog with link to your page.

Thanks again for the great recipe Jen.

[...] used: Picky Palate’s Double Cheese and Bacon Egg Biscuits And good’ol Betty Crocker’s Baking Powder Biscuits recipe Share this:PrintEmail Pin [...]

Ruth says:

New family favorite – thanks for such a simple, hearty, delicious recipe. I used leftover bbq ham, fresh goat milk ricotta, and cheddar, and they were so good. Too good – now I’ve been requested to make them for the family deer camp!

Julie says:

Just made these the other day. I found everything I needed at Trader Joes. I used the 10 count biscuits and actually halved those(they were too thick) and added 1 extra egg and subbed the bacon for the TJ’s Chicken Breakfast sausage. I have been popping the left overs in the toaster oven and 3 days later they are still really good! Great recipe for bfast on the go!!

Joe Bellin says:

Hmm Well I was just searching on yahoo and just came across your site, in general I just only visit blogs and retrieve my needed info but this time the useful info that you posted in this post urged me to post here and appreciate your diligent work. I just bookmarked your site. Thank you again.

sara says:

Just wanna say I made mini-versions of these in a mini-muffin tin and they turned out great!!! So cute!