Jan
2011

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chippers

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

These Peanut Butter Butterscotch cookies may have changed my life forever, no joke.  It all started a couple weeks ago when Amanda and I were cruising around San Diego and popped into the famous “Spread” Restaurant.  It has been featured on The Best Thing I Ever Ate on Food Network and now I completely see why!  They specialize in making their own creative gourmet peanut butter spreads that are beyond your wildest imagination :)  I would never believed it until I took my first spoonful.  It was all over from there.  I chose the butterscotch gourmet peanut butter spread and the white chocolate pretzel….swoon!

Here’s the cute little container.  This little baby will cost you $10, but worth every lick.  So, here’s why my cookie was created.  I did NOT use this spread in my cookies, but put my own ingredients in.  I had to have the whole tub to myself :)

Start by melting butterscotch chips over a double broiler until melted.

Cream your butter and sugars.

Add your melted butterscotch chips and Peanut Butter :)

Add your egg and mix it up!

Now time for your dry ingredients.

Roll each scoop of cookie dough into sugar.

Place onto a cookie sheet and time to bake.  9-11 minutes at 350 degrees F.

No kidding, my favorite cookie to date!  Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chippers

1 stick softened butter

1/2 Cup brown sugar

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

1 1/4 Cups smooth peanut butter

1 Cup melted butterscotch chips

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/4 Cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1 Cup butterscotch chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Melt butterscotch chips over a double boiler until melted.  Add melted butterscotch chips and peanut butter to beaten butter and sugars.  Beat in egg and vanilla.

2.  Place flour, baking soda and salt in bowl; mix to combine.  Add to wet ingredients until just combined then pour in butterscotch chips.  Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough, roll in sugar then place onto baking sheet.  Press tops with tines of a fork if desired.  I did it both ways and both are great.  Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

4 dozen cookies

_________________________________

Happy Baking!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Omg i LIVE 10 BLOCKS from Spread in San Diego and I’ve never been in there….and I adore adore adore PB + Butterscotch. I have seriously met my weakness and will gladly spend $10 for a tiny jar of heaven :)

The cookies look fabulous, and I need to get myself to Spread, asap!

Oh you need to go immediately Averie! I am half tempted to make a trip just to pick up a bunch of jars, so incredible!!

• Just saw your reply..if you come down here, please lmk! And if you want me to put anything in the mail for you, I totally will!

Me, you, Marla, and who ever else…need to have a girls day/nite out too. Jars of butterscotch nut butter will be on deck, of course! :)

Mmmmm butterscotch….. I guess you could use butterscotch candy if you can’t find chips? (I’ve never seen them in the stores here)

I LOVE Spread!! Been ordering their products for years and really want to make a trip there. At any given time I have about 10 jars. Love it!

Monica says:

The picture shows butterscotch chips but the recipe calls to melt all of the chips down. I am confused!! They look good but it sounds like the recipe would make a smoother cookie with the chips incorporated and the picture makes me believe it’s like a peanut butter cookie with chunky chips. Hmmm…

Hi Monica,
      You incorporate 1 Cup of melted butterscotch chips into the recipe and all normal butterscotch chips too after you add the dry ingredients :) It makes for one DELICIOUS cookie. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I need to go to San Diego so I can visit that place!

i love how fun and chewy those cookies look! delicious!

I will be making these!

I seriously NEED to try those spreads! THese look awesome.

How can peanut butter + butterscotch + sugar be bad? These are on my list to make!

Wenderly says:

Think that a spoon & I could get into some serious trouble with that gourmet spread! Yummy! Gorgeous photos too! :)

That spread looks just amazing! That poor little container wouldn’t last very long at my house. :-)

These look so fluffy and wonderful! They look like little pillows! I love peanut butter/butterscotch combo…Can’t wait to try! Thanks!

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jenny F., The Sugar Tree. The Sugar Tree said: Your cookie recipes r a favorite in my house, so I will try these! RT @PickyPalate: Peanut Butter Butterscotch Chippers. http://su.pr/2FpDyo [...]

cat says:

These look so soft and tasty. I usually hate making peanut butter cookies for some reason but these look great.

Oooh we saw that place on the Food Network and clearly have been planning our pilgrimage ever since. We love the idea of butterscotch and peanut butter…delicious!

looking at that jar is making my mouth water.

this recipe is genius! I need to be making this.

Cathy says:

Oh my goodness … I think I have to make these today! A foot of snow outside and warm cookies coming from the oven – my boys are going to be in heaven!

Haley Oakes says:

Those look great! In addition to the butterscotch chips you melt and add directly to the batter, did you add un-melted chips too? How much? Thanks!

Hi Haley,
      In the recipe it states 1 Cup melted chips, is that what you are looking for? Let me know what you are confused about :)

• Haley Oakes says:

Oops! You’re right! I was looking “add whole butterscotch chips” in your instructions, and completely overlooked the list of ingredients. Thanks!

Liz says:

Butterscotch and peanut butter seems like a great combination, Jenny! I read Amanda’s post about Spread the other day – thinking about ordering my sister some of their products for her birthday. She’s a peanut butter addict!

EatLiveRun says:

oh yum! I might make these for the super bowl…the combination of butterscotch and peanut butter is heaven on earth!

Mary Ellen says:

I’m going to make these today! But I’m waiting to see how much of the un-melted BS chips to add! YUM!

Hi Mary Ellen,
      I have written in the recipe 1 Cup melted chips along with 1 Cup whole chips, do you guys not see that? Let me know what I need to edit :)

Kameron says:

Holy Heavens!! These look AMAZING. On my menu they go! … maybe even this morning. : )

Dezi A says:

YUM!! I love butterscotch chips! I’m off to buy some now!

JennR says:

PLEASE stop with all these gorgeous cookie recipes–my thighs can’t take it! :) Okay, going to mop up my drool . . .

Debbie says:

Never been to San Diego so I am pretty jealous of your fancy peanut butter spreads. I love love love PB so its actually probably better if I don’t go there! Also never tried PB and Butterscotch, sounds like an awesome combo though…can’t wait to try these!

holly says:

These sound heavenly!!!

Kristen says:

You were not kidding about these cookies being life changing! If only I didn’t have so much baking time on my hands with all these snow days: http://saltandpepperkristen.blogspot.com/2011/01/peanut-butter-butterscotch-chippers.html

Nice cookie recipe!! Thanks

Fallon says:

I’ve never heard of Spread before but I’m glad I don’t live near it. I’d be broke trying out all the flavors ;)

Love the cookies, they look like they will melt in your mouth!

kim says:

If u say they r your favorite then I have to give em a try! I would love to get my hands on that peanut butter yum! Thanks!!

What amazing cookies and while I’m at work too! These seem so rich and wonderful and a very fine twist on an “expected” cookie. Thanks!

Amanda says:

OMG. I took one look at that jar of peanut butter and had to have some. Since I live on the east coast, I won’t be visiting Spread any time soon…so I just ordered $100.00 worth of peanut butter from their website! What the heck am I going to tell my husband when 10 jars of peanut butter show up on my doorstep!? LOL, he may plan a peanut butter intervention…=)

Peanut butter is my favorite and butterscotch too. I’ll have to try making this gluten free and try it with Spread! Now I’m hungry!

Stephanie says:

Oh Jenny, you’re killing my “be good” efforts … and I thank you for it. I can’t wait to make a batch of these! I hope your week was fabulous!

Claire says:

Oh my goodness. I’ve been trying to eat healthy lately, but these just might have to be the exception; they look SO good. I wonder how they’d taste with chocolate chips added…

Stephanie says:

OMG! These sound amazing. Have you ever tried haystacks? I make a simplified version and all you need a 2:1 ratio of butterscotch chips to peanut butter. Melt in microwave keeping an eye to not burn. Then add chow mein noodles until coated to your liking. Put little stacks of them on a wax paper coated baking sheet to set in the fridge and TADA!! Everyone who tries them loves them and makes me bring them to every party. Plus they are so simple to make.

Oh dang, you’ve done it again! I’m salivating at these flavors in this cookie! Feed me!!!

Shannon says:

Looks great! I can’t tell; are they chewy or crunchy?

I am going to Spread ASAP =] those cookies look delish! butterscotch and PB sounds like a Brilliant Combo!

Thats so funny, when I first saw the tiny container I thought – no way did she dump that into the cookies!! “Spread” sounds like an AWESOME place. PB is one of my all time favorite foods – next time I am down that way I will look for it. Thanks for some great cookies girl! xo

andi says:

I made these cookies last night and they are AMAZING! I was thinking that next time I might add peanut butter chips as well! Very easy recipe, thank you for sharing as always!

Ok, so I just hit the send button on my order from SPREAD. Over $80 worth! I am going to be on a peanut butter high when these babies arrive in the mail next week! I can’t wait to taste all the wonderful flavors! Thank you Jenny for letting us all know if this great gem :)

Tracy says:

Looks great! If I wasn’t allergic to peanuts, I’d be all over this!

Oh my, these look absolutely fantastic! So soft and chewy.

Connie Pruitt says:

I made these today for my husband to take to work tonight. They are having a going away party for a co-worker. We loved them. Thanks so much!

Katrina says:

We just made these tonight!!! YUMMO!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
    For some reason, butterscotch has been calling my name even though I am not usually a fan! MUST BE THE PREGNANCY HORMONES!!!

Carol says:

Literally salivating just looking at the pictures. My bookmarked, Cooking/Recipes, section is growing by leaps and bounds. My hips will, too. Thanks for sharing.
    CAS

I could go for a bowl of that cookie dough! Have a great weekend, Jenny!

Karri says:

Just got done baking these, they were a HUGE hit! Thanks for another great recipe!

Amanda says:

I made these 2 days ago and they are fantastic! (I also made your oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies the same night) Rolling the dough in sugar before baking adds an extra tasty touch. These will definitely be in the regular rotation. They are heavenly :-)