Mar
2011

Sneak Peek: Picky Palate Cookbook

What a whirlwind of excitement the last few months have been.  Behind the scenes of Picky Palate, late nights, early mornings, you name it, I have been creating dozens and dozens of new recipes for my very first cookbook that will be available mid 2012!  I’ve wanted to blab about it for months, but wanted to wait until it was all official and make sure I wasn’t just dreaming this.  The book will be published by Wiley and I couldn’t be more thrilled about it!  I am working with the most incredible people and am learning so much through this journey.

I think back to when I started Picky Palate on a whim one evening, late 2007, not having the foggiest idea of what I was doing.  I had recently discovered I had a talent in creating original recipes when in 2004, the start of my career—or I should say, hobby at the time—was born in competitive cooking around the nation with entering and becoming a finalist in Pillsbury Bake-off.  If someone would have told me I would have a cookbook almost 5 years later from the start of Picky Palate, I would have thought they were  nuts!  I am so grateful for the incredible opportunities writing Picky Palate has brought me and am so grateful for all of you who pop in and support me!  Thank you.  I can honestly say I have my dream job.

I wanted to give you a little sneak peek at some of the recipes I’ve been working on for the book.  You’ll be seeing recipes for my Homemade BBQ Chicken and Smoky Skillet Cornbread, my Homemade Apple Pie with the most incredible buttery flaky crust and my perfect Homemade Yellow Butter Birthday Cake with Chocolate Cream Frosting.  I have found that the hardest thing about writing this book  is having to wait to share all of the amazing recipes I’ve been creating.  I want to jump on the computer and tell you all about them, lol!  I guess that means it will all be worth the wait :)

Thanks for letting me blab about this, I am so excited for this project and hope you are too!  xoxo

Comments

Chelsea says:

I can’t wait!! Congratulations.

Marianne says:

Congratulations!!
    Can’t even imagine how thrilled you must be. I’m such a huge fan of your blog and know that your book will be fabulous. That is fantastic!!

Nicole says:

So excited for you! I will have to pre-order this on Amazon so I can have it right away!! Will you be autographing these??
    CONGRATSx1000! :)

Eva says:

Ohhh, that’s so exciting! Those photos look amazing, and that yellow cake sounds wonderful. Can’t wait until it comes out :-)

EatLiveRun says:

Congrats, Jenny!! That’s awesome—I can’t wait to buy a copy!

Heather says:

Congratulations to you – so well deserved! It will hold a special place on my counter right next to Pioneer Woman!

Mary Kay says:

2012 is too long to wait!!!!

Leslie says:

Congratulations Jenny!!!! I cannot wait for it to hit the bookshelves!! :)

You deserve it! You are so creative! Looks amazing!

Cheryl says:

Delurking to say…What fun! Congratulations to you! I’ve made quite a few of your yummy creations over the past couple of years and can’t wait to see your book.

Wow, congratulations!! Can’t wait for 2012 when I can pick up a copy!!

Congrats Jenny! I’m thrilled for you!

Katrina says:

Eeeeek! This is such exciting news. Can’t wait to get a copy!

Congratulations! I love your blog and enjoy reading your posts. I’ll look forward to hearing more news of your cookbook!

Local girl writes cookbook. Another local girl (Fountain Valley) BUYS cookbook! That would be me… can’t wait! XXOO

Cecilia says:

How Awesome! I will definitely be purchasing! Your recipes are always a winner in my house and I recommend your blog to anyone that will listen to me! Congratulations!!

Amanda says:

Jenny! I am so incredibly excited for you! Can’t wait to see your book in the bookstore and pick one up off the shelf! :)

Congrats! That is so awesome and what a great publisher!

Kristen says:

This has been a long time coming…been waiting for this day for you! So glad it is here and can’t wait to see your new baby!
    Are you doing your own photography? Yes?? I hope so! You are so talented!

sandi says:

Congrats! thats awesome i have been telling everyone I know about your sight and you wonderful sinful recipes :)

Kristen says:

So glad you are doing a cookbook! I have always appreciated you taking the time to respond to me when I have asked a question. Not many people do that (and I understand why), but that personal note and the time you took to do that one of the first times I read your blog definitely kept me coming back since then. We are Americans living in Hungary, and all of the American women here are always looking for recipes and sharing their favorites. I have a bunch of my friends hooked on you now. :) I look forward to being able to get your cookbook over here one way or another!

Thank you for the nice comment Kristen. Even though I’m not able to get to 100% of the comments I read them all and appreciate all of them. Have fun in Hungary!

Dawn Kesler says:

The only cookbook I have purchased in the last decade was Dorrie Greenspan’s but I have so loved pretty much everything you put out that I will be first in line. Finally, a cookbook for the real people! Nobody deserves it more, congratulations and thank you.

Fuji Mama says:

I have been waiting for this announcement! WAHOOOOO!!! :) Can’t wait for the “birth” of your newest baby. ;)

FunTastIc NeWs! So happy for you and well deserved! Brava and I can’t wait to buy it, help sell it, and applaud it! :D

Congratulations – How exciting. I love your recipes and all the great things you create. I can’t wait to buy the cookbook and come to a “book signing.”

Congrats

Kathy Gori says:

congrats! I’ll be looking for it

Wonderful!!!! Congratulations! Please let me know how I can help. xoxo

I’m so excited for you, Jenny! You are a sweetheart and so talented, and deserve all the success that comes your way.

Jaden says:

Congrats, my friend!!!

Congratulations!!! What a delight!

Erin A says:

Very exciting! Cannot wait to see and purchase the book!

so super excited for you, can’t wait to see it!!!

Shelby says:

Congrats Jenny! I’m so happy for you!!

JulieS says:

How exciting ~ Congratulations! I love your website, and I can’t wait to add your cookbook to my collection!!!

Madeleine says:

Congratulations on this great achievement! I’ll check it out for sure once its published.

Season says:

So exciting Jenny! It all looks so great! Can’t wait for 2012!!!

Chelsea says:

This is awesome! Congrats! Are all the recepies that are currently in picky-palate’s recepie index going to be included in the cook book??

Congratulations Jenny! How exciting!! I can’t wait to add it to my collection. I know it’ll be a hit :)

Lanell says:

I’m so excited. Congratulations! I’m definately buying it. If you are ever out toward Temecula, you are in my neck of the woods. I don’t think you have one recipe that I’ve tried, that I didn’t like (or my family for that matter). You are terrific.

Eileen says:

Congratulations :) I can’t wait for it to come out, everything you do is amazing!

Tracy says:

So exciting!!

Rachel Rose says:

Yay! So exciting. I look forward to seeing your new cookbook. I love following you on here, your recipes are great and easy to follow, and your photos are always so beautiful. Thanks for all of the inspiration!
    -Rachel

marla says:

Jenny, this is awesome!! I am so proud of you and the awesome career you built from the ground up. With drive, determination, passion and talent the sky is the limit. I can’t wait to see your book. xo

leslie says:

YOU GO GIRL!!! So proud!

Pattyann says:

OH, I can’t wait to see this book when it comes out! I love your site and can’t wait to see your recipes.

Tanya says:

WOW … just look at that cake!! Everything looks wonderful – love your recipes but wow, can’t get past the cake pic. Looking forward to your cookbook.

Tanya

Jamie says:

Thanks for the sneak peek Jenny. Congrats on the cookbook and looking forward to seeing the finished book next year. I wish you all the best with it. Can’t wait to see all your creative recipes in it.

Rachelle says:

Jenny, that is wonderful. I’m so very happy for you and you are a natural at it. Thanks for sharing your talent :)
    Rachelle

Congrats Jenny! This is such wonderful and exciting news! I actually saw you on Food Network the other day competing in the burger challenge. I can’t wait to see your cookbook. Take care!

Natalie says:

WOW that is GREAT!!! Hope you will beable to send me a copy in South Africa!!