Jun
2011

Cheesecake Cookie Bread Pudding…with Caramel Sauce

Desserts

There is nothing I like better than spending a morning with my boys in the kitchen.  I created this fun dessert for Snackpicks.com and we’ve used some of our favorite cookies, the Keebler Cheesecake Middle Graham Cookies all crumbled up on top of the bread pudding.  Wait until you dig into this treat.  As if it weren’t delicious enough, we’ve added a caramel sauce to top it all off :)  Hope you enjoy!

My little guys have helped show us how to prepare this dish below, these photos kill me, lol!  I will be sure to show their girlfriends later in life :)

Find a nice big mixing bowl and add your milk, cream and vanilla.

Add your eggs…

…and the sugar :)

Pour everything in the bowl.

Time for a good whisk to combine.

Place your bread cubes into your prepared baking dish.

Like so :)

Now pour your egg/cream mixture over your bread.

It will look like this.

Mmmm, cookies!

Break up the cookies into little pieces.

Place right on top of the pudding.

Time to bake.

Perfect!

Drizzle your simple caramel sauce over top and time to serve!

Cheesecake Cookie Bread Pudding….with Caramel Sauce

1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar

5 large eggs

1 Cup whole milk

1 Cup heavy cream

2 teaspoons pure vanilla

5 Cups Sweet Hawaiian Bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1 package Keebler Cheesecake Middle Graham Cookies

Caramel Sauce

1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar

1 Tablespoon water

2 Tablespoons butter

3 Tablespoons heavy cream

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.  In a large bowl whisk the sugar, eggs, milk, cream and vanilla until well combined.  Pour mixture over bread cubes that have been poured into prepared baking dish.

2.  Crumble the cheesecake cookies until they are in tiny pieces, they do not have to be perfect.   Place crumbled cookies evenly over bread pudding and bake for 35-40 minutes or until set.  Remove from oven.

3.  To prepare caramel sauce, place brown sugar and water into a small saucepan over medium heat.  Stir and let bubble for 5 minutes then stir in butter and heavy cream.  Stir until smooth then drizzle over warm bread pudding.  Spoon into serving dishes and serve warm.

8 servings

_____________________________

Hope you enjoy! Have a great rest of your week!

Comments

Judy says:

OMGosh those pictures are so precious!

This recipe is an amazing idea- sugar heaven! Your boys are so cute:-)

Seriously, I love how you have your boys helping you in the kitchen! So great. Also, you are one of the most creative people I know- such an inspiration with your recipes!

i think i just gained 20 lbs reading this :)

Clare says:

bread pudding is one of my favorites! this looks delicious!

Oh my goodness. Delicious! And your boys are so adorable! What good helpers :)

Urban Wife says:

Precious! Those are the pictures you show their future girlfriends the first time they meet the parents. :) The recipe looks fabulous!

I love caramel sauce AND bread pudding..omg Jenny, it looks so good!

And your kitchen help is adorable. They make great “staff” :)

Emily says:

oh my goodness, this looks amazing, and I LOVE that your boys helped you with it! I cannot wait to try this!

What a fun recipe to make with your darling kiddos. Gonna have to check out those cheesecake cookies!

Your boys look like such goofballs! How fun!

Erin says:

So amazingly delicious looking. Can this substitute for dinner tonight?

Kim says:

I think my boys and I will have to make this the day after school ends! I KNOW they will love it. You are truly an inspiration to my baking creativity!

jenna says:

what a fun time in the kitchen with your kids! :) I love the creative, yummy looking recipe!

Yum! This looks amazing. Your kiddos are so cute!

Katrina says:

I am seriously in love!

I adore cheesecake and bread pudding. Who’da thought to put them together? It’s pure genius! I love cooking with my kids too. It’s seriously the best, isn’t it?

Your boys are too cute! What fun it looks like you all had!

Celeste says:

Oh, my gosh! This looks SOOO good!

Your boys are so cute! And I love having them bake in the kitchen with you. I want to do that with my own kids one day. :)

Sarah says:

This looks fantastic! And that caramel sauce puts it right over the top. At my bridal shower, my soon to be mother in law gave me a photo album filled with recipes and pictures of my husband cooking and eating as a child. It was one of my favorite gifts! These pictures would be great in something like that down the road :)

I think I could eat a bowl full of that! What a great idea.

Mrs. L says:

I’m normally not a big fan of bread pudding, but this looks like something I could eat the entire batch of!

Those cheesecake cookies are a brilliant idea. My mind is spinning with other uses. Although, this bread pudding sounds so good maybe I’ll let my brain rest and just stop there!

rose says:

exhilarating precious moments in a mom’s life AND functional, too!!! win-win… and yummmmO!

leslie says:

Love this! Your boys are totally adorable!!!

Amanda says:

Jenny your boys are just precious!! I can’t get over how Mason looks JUST like you in that first photo of him! He even has your lashes!! Future heart-breaker alert :)

Bee says:

Oh yummm… all favorite things of mine! I have NEVER seen these cookies before! I bet the bag wouldn’t last through the recipe due to all the snacking I’d do…

marla says:

Jenny, this treat is so creative & fun. I always love seeing your sons in the kitchen with you :)

Lisa says:

This looks so good! Wish we could make it but always shy away from bread pudding because of the egg. I don’t doubt it’s baked long enough but my daughter most likely wouldn’t do well eating it. She has an egg allergy. Does okay with baked goods like cookies but we cannot do scrambled and when we have french toast she gets cinnamon toast or plain butterd toast with syrup for dipping.

Apron Appeal says:

A couple of weeks ago when my husband asked me to make some bread pudding for him I was none to happy about the idea. I don’t like soggy bread. Your recipe is the first one I’ve seen that actually looks good to me.

Love the pictures of your sweet boys – what great little helpers. This bread pudding is making me salivate. Thinking of dessert at 9 in the morning isn’t such a bad thing.

doughmesstic says:

Such cute boys, and how delicious does this recipe sound? Yum!

This looks so sinfully good! And love the pics of your boys helping in the kitchen!

I’m not a cheesecake or bread pudding girl – but how can you not smile at these pictures? The boys are so adorable!

Love that you get your boys involved in cooking! Brings back memories of when I was a wee tot, and has me looking forward to cooking when my 2 month old is a little bigger.

I’ve never heard of those cookies. Sounds delish!

Tracy says:

Love this simple and fun dessert!!

Wow, that looks rich!

Oh my. This looks amazing!
    Love the shots with the kiddos helping too. Any chance you live in the OC area?

Sarah says:

Just this title alone has me hooked!! Those photos??? Addicted!

Lot-O-Choc says:

Oh wow that looks amazin! the photos are making me so hungry! Those graham cookies look really good too..shame we dont get them in the UK :(

This looks so good. My kids will love the keebler cookies on top. Glad to see my boy isn’t the only one who has a batman shirt he wears with pride. Can’t wait to make this with my two kids.

Mindi D says:

This recipe was a HUGE hit at my dinner party last night! It was the perfect end to a delish dinner :) Thank you for sharing all your great ideas…I’m a huge fan!

Val says:

Is this recipe even legal?! My goodness that sounds perfectly decadent!

You have the cutest boys. Must be great fun to bake with them. The bread pudding looks amazing!

wedding dress Hiya, I loved reading your post. Thanks for the great info. Hoped that we will lengthen our friendship through a mutual hyperlink trade? Let me know, and fine to see you here!…

[...] Squares 53. White Chocolate Cheesecake and Coconut Bliss Milkshake 54. Mini Phyllo Cheesecakes 55. Cheesecake Cookie Bread Pudding 56. Chocolate Coffee Cheesecake 57. Chilly Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes 58. Cookie Dough Cheesecake [...]

[...] Cheesecake Cookie Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce [...]