Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jun
2011

Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookie Stuffed Cookies

Tags: , ,

Cookies

Well, I am at it again, couldn’t help myself just had to make another stuffed cookie :)  Here I give you my Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookie Stuffed Cookies!  Yikes that’s a mouthful, wait until you sink your teeth into these big boys.

It’s no secret that I am a chocolate and peanut butter fanatic, so this was a no brainer for me, fun fun fun!

Take a peek and get yourself baking a batch of cookies :)

Start with the simple peanut butter cookie dough….1 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 egg.  Mix and set aside.

Cream the ever so necessary butter and sugars, then add your eggs.

Vanilla time!

Add those dry ingredients.

Cocoa powder.

Add chocolate chips, mix and you are ready to start stuffing!

Using a small cookie scoop, scoop a ball of dough into your hand.

Using a medium cookie scoop, place one scoop of chocolate dough on top.

Do the same to the bottom side.

Very important….Grease your hands first (I sprayed them with cooking spray) and press the dough in both hands to enclose the peanut butter cookie dough.  Does not have to be perfect as you can see from my picutes.

Be prepared to swoon :)

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet

1 cup cocoa powder

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.

2. Place peanut butter and sugar into a medium bowl, mix to combine then add egg, mixing until well combined. Set aside.

3. In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.

4. Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Add to wet ingredients along with cocoa powder, and chocolate chips, slowly mixing until just combined. With a small cookie scoop, scoop peanut butter cookie dough into your hand. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop chocolate dough on top and on bottom of peanut butter dough.  With hands, press chocolate dough around peanut butter dough, forming into a cookie shape.  Place onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve with milk.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

Comments

Mark says:

Those final pictures look absolutely mouthwatering.

I’ll be thinking about these all day…. :-(

Wooo…those look amazing! Definitely adding to my ‘make immediately’ list. :-) Yum!!!

Oh Jenny, I am drooling over these…seriously…dark choc/fudge AND the combo of PB added, lovely, wonderful..and torture to read b/c I’d like to be munching on some right NOW! :)

These are going to be made today! Holy yum.

I’ll take a dozen please! These look amazing!

Molly says:

I’m definitely swooning. Is there anything better in the world than the friendship of chocolate and peanut butter? I think not.

Jenny, these cookies look amazing! Can I eat them for breakfast too?

Oh gosh, another fabulous stuffed number…chocolate and peanut butter?! How can we possibly resist!?!

wow. These look absolutely incredible. I’ve made magic in the middle cookies before, which are similar, but these actually look better :)

There is nothing better than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter…I cannot wait to try this!

Fun! There’s a similar recipe I’ve done called, “Magic in the Middles,” with the magic being the hidden peanut butter dough! You’ve done it again! I’ll bet you’re always scouring the grocery store for cookie-stuffing ideas, aren’t you?

Love your stuffed cookies and these look incredible!

jenna says:

mmmm…you are the coolest! love your stuffed cookies!

Amber says:

Those look so good. I want to run to the store and buy the stuff to make them. Oh my goodness…

Kelsey says:

Wow! I will be needing to make these ASAP!!! They look delicious!!!

Lacey Bean says:

Want. Now. Need. Can’t wait to make!

Roberta says:

It’s like my taste buds and tummy speak to you before you go to make your next creation!

Erin says:

I can never get enough of all your stuffed cookies!

Amanda says:

*faints* Oh my gosh girl, these are the most gorgeous cookies I’ve ever laid eyes on! Can you bring these to NOLA? They don’t break! :D xoxo

It’s official. I gasped. And I’m glad to see I’m not the only non-measurer when it comes to vanilla :)

Emily says:

This is brilliant and I know this will have my husband swooning!

Stacy says:

YUM. Wonder if that peanut butter dough would be good in brownies too…?

Hannah says:

WOW these look amazing!!!

Fabulous, as usually! Can’t wait to make these ones!

I don’t even like peanut butter and you’re tempting me with these cookies!!!!!!! They look amazing!

Mmm, I might try these with chocolate peanut butter!

ellen says:

I want to make these scrumptious stuff today! But the photos show your adding vanilla to the PB mix; recipe shows vanilla in the chocolate mix. Please clarify. Thanks.

Stacy says:

I think she is adding the vanilla to the egg, butter and sugar mixture that is part of the chocolate mix. Peanut butter mix she made and set aside.

Hi Ellen,
      The vanilla is to the chocolate cookie dough only. The peanut butter dough is 1 cup of peanut butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 egg mixed. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Jenny

Katrina says:

LOVE this idea! Yum.

To Die For!! I am drooling over here!

Oh yum! These sound amazing Jenny! Chocolate and peanut butter wrapped up in a cookie what could be wrong about that! :)
    Hope the birthday party was a success!

Hello… YUM! I have to try this!

Oh these sound fabulous! I am a sucker for anything chocolate and peanut butter!

EatLiveRun says:

These look soooo good!

Faith says:

These look delicious!! My mouth is watering! Aren’t you working on a recipe book?? If so, when is it coming??? I can’t wait!

Memoria says:

When I saw these cookies on FoodGawker, I knew that they came from your kitchen LOL. They look amazing.

Tracy says:

You are the queen of stuffed cookies. Yum!

Jessica says:

Oh my word, that is the tastiest cookie I’ve ever eaten! I’ll be making myself sick on those tonight!

So pretty and creative I love it !! :)

Wow – I do believe those are the prettiest cookies I’ve ever seen!

Oh my, I believe I need to make these RIGHT NOW!!! They look so gorgeous and SO delicious!

I just wanted to share with you that I made your Oreo stuffed Choc. chip cookies and posted about them today on my blog. Now I will have to try the choc. fudge pb stuffed ones..

Lesa

I like everything about this post; I mean… stuffed cookies?!?

I want now, please.

Shiloh says:

Can I sub almond butter (smooth) for the PB? Not a big PB fan (I know, I know) but I love AB. What do you think?

Marisa says:

OH MY GOSH! I don’t think my mouth could salivate any more than it is right now. Those look D-I-V-I-N-E!

Loving this site. Just found it today. I’m excited to try so many yummy and doable (unlike anything I find on the food network where I’ve never heard of the ingredients) recipes. Mmmm!!!!

Mrs. L says:

I so need to be stuffing my face with these right now!

Chocolate and pb is a favorite combination too. I’m sure these cookies taste great & they are so pretty to look at, too.

Shalyce says:

i printed this to make, and now my butter is sitting in a mushy pool on my counter. WONDERFUL! The printable instructions don’t tell how to put cookies together… did i miss something? i saw the instruction in the pictures of step by step…

i just drooled on my keyboard! This looks delicious

Nicole Christine says:

Made these the other day, they are so delicious!!! You definitely need a tall glass of milk with these cookies, the chocolate cookie tastes just like a brownie with a hint of peanut butter:) It didn’t take long for my family to eat them up!!:) Thank you Jenny for another amazing recipe that my family and I will continue to enjoy for years to come. God bless!