Aug
2011

Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Swirl Fudgy Cookies

Tags: , ,

Cookies

When I split this warm chocolate cookie open and saw the chocolate oozing out, I about fainted with excitement, lol!  Swirls of peanut butter accompany giant chocolate chunks.  This cookie will go down as one of my favorite recipes by a mile :)

Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite ice cream flavors I used to get when I was a little girl.  Chocolate with peanut butter swirls at Thrifty.  I actually still love it and I REALLY love it in this cookie :)

Take a peek and enjoy!

First, place 1 Cup of creamy peanut butter into the freezer for a good 1/2 hour.  Next use a good quality bloc of chocolate and chop it up into large pieces like this.  This particular chocolate is Sarris….which is incredible :)

Cream your butter and sugars.

Add your eggs and vanilla, mixing until well combined.

Time to add the dry ingredients.

…..and the cocoa powder.

….add those chocolate chunks right into the cookie dough.

Take your frozen peanut butter out of the freezer and place dollops into the dough.  Turn mixer on for just a few turns of the paddle to ensure you get swirls into the dough.

Mama mia!

Double mama mia :)  Take a spoon to this, it’s incredible!

Scoop them onto your favorite cookie baking sheet and pop them into oven at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.

Enjoy friends!

Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Swirl Fudgy Cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter2 sticks softened butter

1 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

2 cups good quality chocolate chunks

1 cup cocoa powder

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.

2. Place peanut butter into the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.

3. In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.

4. Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Add to wet ingredients along with cocoa powder, and chocolate chunks, slowly mixing until just combined. Drop dollops of frozen peanut butter into dough and turn mixer on for just a few turns of the mixer to get swirls of peanut butter through the dough. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve with milk.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

__________________________

Have a great new week!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Jenny these look…amazing!!

They look so decadent, dark, fudgy, rich. MMMMm….goooooood!

The last pic, with that melty chocolate, oh lord have mercy!

And yes, Sarris chocolate is awesome! That and Scharffen Berger are the bomb. But really most chocolate will make me happy :)

There is no way I could make these alone. I’d need major supervision.

Delicious — I love the BIG chunks of swirled peanut butter!

i agree with lauren…this is definitely something i’d need adult supervision around :)

Every time you make a recipe, it’s better than the last… how do you do it?!

Astrid says:

Oh save me… this looks astounding.

Oh. My. Gosh. That first photograph with the melted chocolate sucked me in and I can’t stop staring at the screen! I need these. :-)

Harriet says:

Oh my these look amazing! Not a huge fan of peanut butter but I also love chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirls. I WANT THESE COOKIES NOW! Fudgy! Chocolaty! Peanut Butter! I give these cookies 5 stars even though I haven’t tried them. Let me tell u about something yummy. Next time you have plain chocolate chip cookies or chocolate chocolate cookies with chocolate chips, smother the cookies with Nutella, pour milk on the cookies,and put ice cream on top. Soooooooooo delicious! Please tell if u try it and it turns out nice!

mrsblocko says:

AAAAAAIEEEEE! These cookies look evil. PURE EVIL!
    I’m about ready to eat my monitor.

Deborah says:

I was going to be good this week, but this is making me want to make cookies for breakfast!!

blossjoss says:

I think if I had to choose one desert to eat for the rest of my life, it would be these. They look like the prefect combo of chocolate & peanut butter/cookie & brownie. Props!

Oh my gosh, my stomach started crying as soon as I saw that oozing chocolate! Thanks for sharing :D

Becca says:

I love you I hate you I love you I hate you I love you I hate you <3

Allison says:

These look yummy! Where do you buy your chocolate? I haven’t found that soft tortilla bread yet either. I think I need to move a little further down the 5 ;) These look so good and if they are anything like Thrifty’s chocolate with PB swirls I have to make them! Thanks for another fun recipe to try with my boys! :)

Well there’s nothing really to say…we mean, chocolate and peanut butter fudge-y deliciousness!?? HEAVEN.

Erin says:

Now that is one beautiful cookie!

Clare says:

Um, wow. How could these *not* be someone’s favorite cookie? :)

Just look at all of that gooey goodness. Now I need a big glass of milk!

Deb says:

Chocolate chip cookies are the favorite at my house. But these look so good, I will have to try them . Excited about picking the chocolate to make “chunks”.

These are going on my must make list!

Stephanie says:

My eyes are tearing up at the sheer beauty of all that melted chocolate. I need one NOW.

CAS says:

OMGosh, Jenny, these look so delish! I’m seriously about to “drool” all over my laptop!
    :) CAS

Emily says:

Heaven in a cookie!

Tiffany says:

WOW! These look so good! I wish I could make these but I can not have peanut butter in my house because my daughter is allergic. I am so sad because those look amazing!!

These look so good! My mouth is watering. So excited to see you in Nashville this October at Food Blog Forum!

Sues says:

Whoa. These cookies look out of control delicious!!!

Lokness says:

These cookies look incredible! Sadly, my husband doesn’t like peanut butter. If not, I am sure that I will make them!

Marisa says:

yum! must make!!

These look amazing!I need a stack of these and a large glass of ice cold milk!

Cheers!
    Christi

christischirps.blogspot.com

Jessica says:

Thanks for all the great recipes. I did a quick post about this recipe on my blog and included your picture with a link back to your site. Thanks again!

MikeVFMK says:

Jenny, these cookies look incredible. That oozing chocolate nearly caused me to faint. I’ll definitely have to try these out since I have a soft spot for gooey cookies. Love the pics too!

These look divine!! It’s just now August, but I’m already thinking of all the baking I will do this fall/winter. I’ll make sure to add these to my list!

Mansi says:

OMG!! That is one HECK of a cookie, and it is doing something very Powerful to my senses right now!!:) the oozing chocolate has me licking the screen:D

I’m hosting a giveaway on my blog and this would be a perfect addition to the roundup, if you’d be kind enough to send your entry in!

Thanks, and I hope you can participate in the event!

Abbey says:

These look delicious! Oh my goodness! – I tried your Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies this weekend. I posted a pic on my blog and linked your page! Can’t wait to try these!

Seeing these cookies on Instagram I could tell you had something great coming our way. They look awesome!

Goodness gracious! These look awesome! Wish I had some right now! Peanut butter & chocolate…yummy!!!

SQUUUEEEE!!!!! I want these in my belly!! I don’t have good chocolate though =( Next time I need to bake cookies, these are at the top of my list!

karen says:

Did you use baking chocolate or regular chocolate? I can’t wait to try these

Ashley says:

These look fantastic! Can’t wait to try them. I have one question though…is there really supposed to be 1 TABLESPOON of vanilla? Most of the other cookie recipes I use only call for 1 teaspoon of vanilla.

These look utterly amazing! I know what I’ll be baking next. Thanks for a delicious looking recipe.

I’ve always wondered how to get a nice swirl like that. Lovely recipe. I’ve pinned it!

These look amaaaaazing. I think I’m drooling. This is approximately the 3rd choco/pb recipe I’ve seen while going through my google reader this morning…I think it’s a sign that I need to do some baking!

Mercedes says:

These are making my drool! They look ooey gooey delicious!

Bee says:

I feel like I gain ten pounds just LOOKING at all the wonderful goodies you post here!–but the satisfying kind of poundage, that comes from enjoying every single bite, haha. These look amazing!

Sara says:

Made these tonight with the kiddos, they were a hit. Thank you!

Blanca says:

I made these last night and they are AWESOME!! I had to package them up and distribute them to friends out of fear that I would eat them all. I’m surprised that I didn’t wake up in the middle of the night straight for more.

[...] must confess as I write I am in the throngs of grand domestic endevaor (Shout out Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Swirl Fudgy Cookies)So, every fourteen minutes there will be a short intermission…well, if this was in real time [...]

Kim says:

OMG…I just made a batch…I could just stand there and eat the dough! Wow! Thanks for sharing! I will be back for more, for certain!
    Kim