Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Sep
2011

Brownie Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: ,

Cookies

I love these Brownie Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies.  This was a random concoction last week when I saw a lonely bowl of leftover brownie batter in the fridge.  I felt so bad for it, lol!

I quickly took it out of the fridge and decided I am adding it to cookie dough asap.  I am so glad I did, these cookies are to die for.  They are soft and perfect.

Now, I will say, I used the Trader Joes brownie mix and it was chilled.  I think the batter definitely needs to be chilled before adding it to the dough.  I also liked how my second batch of cookies turned out when I chilled the dough for a couple hours.  The photos you see here are the dough not chilled and they were fabulous, but if I had to choose, I would choose the batch with the dough chilled.  Your choice :)

Hope you enjoy!

I used 1 cup of prepared brownie batter and a good 2 cups of chocolate chips :)  Semi-sweet.

Cream your butter, sugars then add your eggs.

Don’t forget the vanilla.

Now, it’s time for that 1 cup of brownie batter.

Add your dry ingredients.

….and the chocolate chips.

This cookie dough was completely irresistible.

Time to bake!  350 degrees F. for 13-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

Brownie Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1 cup prepared brownie mix, chilled

3 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.

2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add brownie batter, mixing until well combined.

3. Place flour, salt and soda into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Add to wet ingredients mixing to combine then add chocolate chips to combine. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until cookies are cooked through. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool completely then enjoy with a large glass of milk.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

____________________________________

Have a great day, come back soon!

Comments

yum yum
    I’m definitely going to try it today
    but i’d like to ask about the brownie mix .. cani use the one come in boxes and we add the eggs and oil?? because idont think they sell it prepared here
    thanks

Jenny they look soooo good!

I had that brownie batter in a bag from TJ’s in my HAND TODAY! I put it back on the shelf (but I remember what you made last week with it) and I said to myself, I really don’t need this b/c I just don’t even need to make any more desserts..and now…I see you made these cookies!

Looks like I need to go back to TJ’s :)

The way the light is coming in and streaming & side-lighting your photos…just beautiful!

Kathryn says:

I love they way your mind works! Another batch of perfect cookies that I want to eat all off!

The next best thing to making a batch of brownies and then stuffing them inside a batch of cookies is just mixing them all together and baking at once, haha. Delicious.

These would do wonders for my chocolate cravings!

Drooool! These sound chewy, gooey, and amazing!

Ok the picture of the brownie batter going into the bowl is the most amazing thing I’ve seen in a long time :) These look incredible!

you had me at brownie batter. these look like chocolatey heaven!

Clare says:

holy wow those look to die for!

Delicious! Such a brilliant idea!

Yummy! That dough does look irresistible for sure!

Great cookie creation! Wish I had a few for breakfast:)

Stacy says:

I am making these right now to take to my daughter’s volleyball game tonight! They look like the perfect way for the girls to enjoy their winning matches! (fingers crossed for that one!)

Erin says:

Ooo I don’t normally crave an all chocolate cookie, but I feel like it’s different being brownie batter!

Deborah says:

I have made cookies from brownie batter, but I’ve never put brownie batter IN my cookies! What a great idea!!

Stephanie says:

Honestly, how do you know the way into my heart every single time you post? I love your brownie, chocolate, peanut butter, [ok EVERYTHING] creations!!

Kadie says:

I can’t wait for your cookbook!! I would stand in line all day for it…

Patti says:

The question that is screaming at me is this. Why did you have a cup of brownie batter in your refrigerator? I just can’t figure it out, but because it inspired these, it doesn’t really matter what the reason was!

Ashley says:

Seriously? I need to make these right away!

Sandra says:

I love mix and match recipes!

Larissa says:

I’m with Patti – why do you have extra brownie batter just hanging out in the fridge??? I would have just put it in a small pan and baked it off. Then again, I’d not have any left for something so yummy as brownie batter choc chip cookies. Do you think it would work with homemade brownie batter, too?? Joy of Cooking has THE BEST brownie recipe ever. Brownies Cockaigne (pardon me if I misspelled). I wanted to make cookies topped with brownies for my son’s birthday, but he just wanted two layers of choc chip bar cookies with fudge in the middle. Still yummy, but I may try my idea (inspired by your concoctions). I’ll let you know.
    Thanks for testing out all these different ways of mixing up baked goods. :)

These are so drool-worthy! I hope i don’t wreck my laptop in the process :D

So creative! Although I have to admit, we rarely have any brownie batter left over!!

Carolyn Fraser says:

I was wondering what to do with the leftover brownie batter I had from making the brownie-oreo cakes! This looks great, I think I will try it this week. Thank you for being so clever.

I think I say this all the time, but I really must make a gluten-free version is this!

I don’t know what I want more… the cookies or the dough! These look so so good. Can’t wait to try them. Thank you for sharing!

What a great idea for left over brownie batter! The chocolatier the better!

Ahh I love combining such amazing desserts into one super dessert! Brownie batter and choc chip cookies :)

Yum these look delicious! I love all of your creative cookies! You are without a doubt the Cookie Queen! :)

To combine 2 favorites in ONE place….these cookies look awesome Jenny. Glad to hear nothing went to waste ;)

How horrible is it that the picture of the brownie batter pouring out of the measuring cup made me want to eat it ;)These look outstanding, as usual! I plan on tackling some cinnamon dolce cookies on my site coming up!!

Valdenice says:

This looks wonderful! I sahecerd and sahecerd for those kisses last year and couldn’t find a single bag. I’m on the hunt again this year! Where did you end up finding them?

Absolutely love the in-motion photos of adding ingredients. Keep cooking ~ and writing!

teresa says:

Jenny~ these look beyond amazing!
    Can’t wait til your cookbook comes out!
    Also can’t wait til you and Amanda have your own SWEETS show one day!
    You know…where you travel the country together featuring your fave sweets!!! ;)
    I’ll never miss an episode! ;)
    Why have I never subscribed to Picky Palate?
    I think I follow~but need to subscribe.
    Doing that now~
    Hugs from Bainbridge!
    xo

Leftover brownie batter???? How does that happen????

Oh they look soooo soft and moist… delicious!

Noted down/bookmarked this recipe!:-) It is on my ‘To bake list’.
    Cookies look delicious;I absolutely love brownies,and hence cookies made of brownie batter will surely be a heavenly treat for me.
    Thank you so much for sharing!:-)

Paula says:

These recipes look so awesome! Can’t wait to try them!