Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Oct
2011

Double Chocolate Snickers Chunk Cookies

Tags: ,

Cookies

The Halloween candy was calling my name last week at Target hence my latest cookies :)  Snickers is one of my favorite Halloween goodies to steal from the boys bag.

There is something so irresistible about a gooey chocolate cookie with your favorite candy bar inside nice and chunky.  There is no hiding it, this is an amazing cookie!  Hope you enjoy :)

Love the Snickers chunk oozing out the side of this one :)

Ok, first things first, make sure you have some nice cocoa powder.

Add the cocoa powder to your flour, baking soda and salt.

Like so :)

Time to cream you butter and sugars.

Add your brown sugar too :)

Beat until light and fluffy!

Add your eggs.

….and vanilla :)

Add those dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.

My favorite part!

Cut those Snickers bars into nice chunks for the cookies.

Add them to the mix.

….along with the chocolate chips, yum!

You’ll get this fabulous chocolaty dough.

Scoop onto your prepared baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees F  for 12-15 minutes.

Ahhhh, perfection :)

Double Chocolate Snickers Chunk Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

1 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

19-20 Snack-size Snickers bars, quartered

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.

2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.

3. Place flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Add to wet ingredients along with Snickers chunks and chocolate chips, slowly mixing until just combined.  Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet and place 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve with milk.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

_________________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Kathryn says:

These really do look like perfection! I love how many things you manage to fit inside a cookie!

Vicki Mc says:

These look amazing – question though. Are the instructions 100% for these cookies? I don’t see anything in the ingredients or pictures about peanut butter dough? But the directions say to mold the chocolate dough around the peanut butter dough.

Thanks, can’t wait to make them!

These look delicious! What better way to use “halloween” candy?

Woah. I am loving how oosey and gooey these look. Yummmmmmm! :-D

conna says:

I love the double chocolate cookies!

Yours are looking so delicious !!!!! yumyum

Mmmm…Snickers…so yummy. I need these cookies in my life.

Jenny these look soooo good! Recently I made Choc Chip Cookies stuffed with Snickers Bars, but they were not double choc chip cookies, just regular. And I wish I had used even more Snickers. I must try your recipe, you know, for taste comparison purposes :)

They look…amazing!

Just when I think you can’t go any better with your cookies, you go and do it! These would be awesome, and with all the Halloween candy out right now, so easy to do!

these look SO much better than halloween candy!

Just submitted to Stumble…love the Snickers oozing out of these cookies! Bet your boys loved these :)

These look so good — I love Snickers and I love cookies. Perfect!

MikeVFMK says:

Wow, Jenny! Snickers are my favourite candy bars and the thought of them inside a cookie has me smiling. I may buy extra candies for halloween knowing I’ll have some left over to make these cookies. So delicious looking.

Every time I walk through the Halloween isle the ol’ wheels start spinning as to what I want to do with it all, lol! Love this time of year :)

These seriously look so ooey gooey and delicious! YUM!

Faith says:

Snickers are one of the hubby’s favorite candies…he would LOVE these. Definitely going on my to-make list.

Deborah says:

I think I’m going to be craving cookies and Snickers all day long, now!! :)

Wow! These cookies looks delish! Pinned…Tweeted…shouted out to Facebook! YUM!

Stephanie says:

I swear, you speak directly to my soul with your cookies!!

I love that you instruct us to “Serve with milk”! These cookies look like Halloween perfection. :)

Angie says:

Never thought to make double chocolate cookies with snickers… I usually do snickers stuffed peanut butter cookies. Gonna have to try this soon!

Sandra says:

These could become a serious addiction.

Candy + Cookies = perfection. Yummy!!

This looks delicious! I have to make something for my daughters bake sale Friday…I think this is just the recipe I was looking for. Thanks!

katie hadfield says:

Jen if you ever need these sweets taken off your hands I am willing to stop by and grab some LOL…

Marty says:

I would probably eat all the dough before even scooping them onto the cookie sheet! These look crazy good. Love Snickers.

I agree these do look like perfection! I will be bringing a batch of these to my Mom next time I go visit her since she is a huge fan of Snickers.

Erin says:

Oh my hubby would love these! I bet white chocolate Reeses would be awesome in these too!

THERESA DARLENE says:

OMG…. I CANT WAIT TO MAKE THESE. I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK.I WONDER IF THEY WOULD BE GOOD USING MILKY WAYS.

Kelly says:

Just to clarify, do we use “Snack Size” Snickers or Snickers “Minis”? It looks like you have the snack size pictured, but the ingredients list minis.

I look forward to making these, but I want to make sure I do it right. :)

These are perfection! I’ll definitely be trying these out, and soon!

I love making cookies with Snickers! Love these!

These look wonderful, Jenny. I’ve been trying my best to stay away from the Halloween candy, but you just made it irresistible.

Pat says:

These sound outrageously delicious.

These sound absolutely DIVINE!! However I’m confused by this line of the recipe. With a small cookie scoop, scoop peanut butter cookie dough into your hand. I am not seeing any previous mention of peanut butter or peanut butter cookie dough. Help??

My apologies Kathy, I cut and pasted the base of my chocolate cookie recipes and forgot to remove that line. It’s edited correctly now :)

Carrie says:

Yum! I think I’m going to have to buy Snickers bars for the trick or treaters and then turn my lights off so I can use them all to make these cookies.

Christy says:

I made these last night and they were amazing! Thanks for sharing the excellent recipe. I love your site!

paul says:

I just recently found your blog and I must tell you that I am in TOTAL love/hate with it!!! I love seeing the food and dreaming about what it will taste like in my mouth (and making my mouth water)! I hate that I cannot make every one of recipes!!!

Snickers in a cookie – I am totally into this. My son was bugging me for a cookie recipe tonight, he will love this.

jojo says:

I just made these tonight! they were amazing!! so yummy i ate to many :) thanks for the recipe!

Puja says:

The Halloween candy aisle is so dangerous – inspiring, but dangerous! These cookies look divine. Snickers are among my favorites, too!

Charissa says:

These look positively sinful (as said in Ever After, lol)…

Diane says:

Chocolate and Snickers and chocolate chips, Oh My!! I can hardly wait to try these. Thank you, thank you!

Susan says:

Made these babies yesterday and they are soooo yummy. I used the “snack” size Snickers, just cut them in eighths. I always check your website for recipes, and you never disappoint! Thank you!

Ashley says:

These are soo delicious. My only problem was that they kind of exploded, some of them oozed all over the cookie sheet while they were baking. I think it happened when I had pieces of Snickers on the outsides of the cookie dough balls. I made a conscious effort to try to wrap dough around the Snickers and that seemed to help. Not to mention the pools of caramel were extremely enjoyable to scrape off the pan and eat. YUM! My husband and I loved these so much we have to get them out of the house so we are sharing them with coworkers:)

Judy says:

Question…where did you get the milk bottle glass from? They look so cute with the cookies to serve as a snack for my kids!
    Thanks!

Amy says:

this look amazing!

[...] Halloween Candy Cookies by Burnt Apple Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies by Two Peas and Their Pod Double Chocolate Snickers Chunk Cookies by Picky Palate LD_AddCustomAttr("AdOpt", "1"); LD_AddCustomAttr("Origin", "other"); [...]