Nov
2011

Pumpkin Toffee Chip and Rolo Chunk Cookies

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

There is nothing quite like the sweet smell of pumpkin and chocolate baking away in the oven!  These soft, one bowl simple cookies will have the family jumping for joy :)

Take a look and enjoy!!

Start with a yellow cake mix into a large mixing bowl.

Add a fabulous can of pumpkin.

Give it a nice mix, like so.

I kinda LOVE these mini chips, however any chocolate chips will do the trick.

Add a good 2 cups to the bowl.

Stop and take a photo of this pile of deliciousness :)

I added about 1 cup of toffee chips.

Yum!

Break out the Rolo’s.  Twenty to be exact :)

Give em’ a nice chop.

Add them to your bowl.

Fabulous!

One more good mix!

Time for the baking sheet.

Now, these won’t spread too much, so no need to leave too much space in between each cookie.

Soft, cake-like and chocolatey perfect.  Enjoy!

Pumpkin Toffee Chip and Rolo Chunk Cookies

1 Box Yellow Cake Mix

One 15 ounce can Pumpkin (I used Libby’s)

2 cups mini chocolate chips

1 cup toffee chips

1 1/2 cups chopped Rolo’s

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.

2. Place cake mix and pumpkin into a large bowl, mix to combine. Stir in chocolate chips, toffee chips and Rolo’s, mixing until combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 15-17 minutes until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve room temperature or chilled.

Makes 4-5 dozen cookies

____________________________

Hope you enjoy!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Two of my fave candies are Rolos and Heath Bars! Combined with choc chips and pumpkin…oh, I’d love to be your dishwasher in exchange for your leftovers. Gorgeous pics, as usual, too Jenny!

And happy Anniversary!! Loved your IG feed from the weekend!

Kathryn says:

Anything with toffee and chocolate in immediately gets my attention! These look awesome!

Now I am really regretting that I decided not to buy a bag of rolos at the grocery store yesterday!

these may take the cake for pumpkin cookies i’ve seen lately… wow.

This are so fun! Love this idea!

I love using cake mixes to make cookies – especially this time of year when life just seems to get busy! These sound like a great Thanksgiving-time cookie, Jenny!

That sure is a lot of candy!

i’m loving how chunky these are – the cookies are just a gateway for extra candy ;)

Holy crap! Am I allowed to say that? These look fabulous!

Those pictures should be illegal–they look WAAAY too good!!

Loving all the candy you have stuffed in those.

OH goodness! You had me at “Pumpkin”! ;D Lol! Mm, but throw in those Rolo’s and I’m completely and utterly HOOKED!!!

I was wondering if you had any tips on how this might work with a gluten-free cake mix (Betty Crocker)? My dad is gluten-intolerant and so sometimes I like to use the GF cake mixes when convenient so he can have some treats too. ;)

Can’t wait to give this one a try! Your blog is one of my absolute favorites!!! I’m always looking forward to your next recipe! :D HeHe!

Blessings!
    ~Miss Rachel~

Love the candy add ins!

MissKris says:

I’m definitely going to make these, but I was thinking of adding pumpkin pie spice to the mix. How much do you think? I don’t want to overdo it.

MissKris says:

Or, could you sub canned pumpkin pie filling for the canned pumpkin?

Would you like some cookie with your candy? :-D

Larissa says:

Wow – these look yummy! I made some chocolate chip cookies over the weekend and the Halloween candy bowl sitting on the counter called me over. I put mini Three Musketeers in a few cookies, mini Snickers in a few, chopped fun size MilkyWay’s and put half into a few, and put a random Hershey’s kiss in one. My son would have inhaled them…I had to ration him! LOL I tried a couple (cut in half) both warm and the next day. Yum!! If I were making these pumpkin toffee rolo chippers, I’d use a little less of the chips and toffee pieces so there is more cookie. I’m sure they’ll be good either way! I also successfully made the pumpkin vanilla cinnamon roll sheet cake twice – once with a homemade cake mix and once with the store bought mix. Great both ways!

Tania says:

Oh my … these not only look easy but they look totally yummy, I’ll be making these for sure, thanks so much for the recipe.

Deborah says:

I love a good one-bowl cookie! Add in rolos, and I’m all in!!

Oh my word. These look like heaven. Chocolate and toffee AND Rolos? Girl, you have lost your mind!

Anna says:

I JUST made the double pumpkin kissed chocolate chunk cookies this past weekend and absolutely LOVE them!! NOW I HAVE to make these!! I love all your recipes and can’t wait to surprise people with them!!

Savorique says:

The surface of the baked cookie makes it look like it was still raw!

Rolo’s in your cookies? I will have to add some to cookies when I go home for Christmas. I have never thought of that! They are my Dad’s favorite!

Maureen says:

These look amazing. I’m a college student without a kitchen so I haven’t had a chance to try these, but I did already blog about them! http://randmoeness.blogspot.com/

I can’t wait to try these… I love all of your pumpkin recipes!!

Oh how I love a cookie loaded with chocolate goodness!

Sandra says:

Absolutely sinful!

Jessica Sieber says:

Making them right now! The assembly is so easy and they smell delish! My 4year old son had an easy time with this one!! Thanks love this Blog!,

You have a wonderful sense of what will appeal to the masses! I already use spice cake mix and pumpkin (plus 1 c water) for cake or cupcakes. These additions take it one step beyond…

Oh yum! I love cookies made with cake mix!

Sue says:

Love the simplicity and the fact that it has a whole can of pumpkin~yum!

Sally says:

Rolos in cookies. Pumpkin cookies, to be precise. Absolutely genius!

Oh wow these cookies look/sound all kinds of awesome!

katie hadfield says:

WOW they Look Amazing Jen!!!

Whoa…these cookies look epic! Love the addition of the Rolos – YUM!

MikeVFMK says:

Jenny, you rock the candy bar cookies. This looks ridonkulous. And I want a few with a glass of milk right now.

Decadence at another level!

Thesha says:

Yum!!

Charlie says:

So many good things in one cookie! And 5 ingredients! Someone is making cookies tonight ;).

I can’t believe how easy this recipe sounds … and all the yummy chocolateness *yumm* Delicious.mounds.of.thick.fluffy.goodness :)

[...] Pumpkin Toffee Chip And Rolo Chunk Cookies From Picky Palate. [...]

These look amazing! I love the addition of the Rolo’s……great idea.

Dusti says:

OMG heaven. Can’t wait to make these for the holidays.

now that is what I call a cookie!! looks delicious!

[...] 2. Pumpkin Toffee and Rolo Chunk Cookies, Picky Palate [...]

Kasey says:

These are fabulous and so easy to make! I just made them yesterday and I can’t belive how easy they are! And they look beautiful too! Thank you for this awesome recipe :)

Rachelle says:

Whoa! Those look gooooood! Loving all your recipes for desserts. I have quite a sweet tooth!

[...] I ate a delicious pumpkin cookie today that my co-worker made. She got the recipe from here (she skipped the toffee chips, still so good!) The recipe looks soo simple, so definitely something [...]

Kristie says:

So..I made these and the Rolo’s melted out of the cookie. They look horrible. (taste good though) what did I do wrong?

Trish Barton says:

I had the same problem. They taste delicious, but definitely don’t look like the cookies pictured. I’m going to try to turn down the temperature on my oven 25 degrees and let them sit out on the pan they cooked in and see if that helps.

Andrea says:

I am in the middle of baking these right now. I couldn’t find plain toffee chips, so I just chopped up some Heath bars (but who doesn’t love a little extra chocolate!?) I had the same problem as Kristie and the Rolos kind of exploded and burnt around the edges of the cookie. Definitely not the pretties cookies, but they do taste good. I will try to clean up the edges once they’ve cooled off!