Dec
2011

Buttery Crisp XXL Chocolate Chip Cookie For Santa

Cookies

If you are looking for the perfect cookie to leave for Santa, look no further!  I have developed an XXL buttery crisp yet chewy on the inside chocolate chip cookie that will have Santa (or anyone for that matter) jumping for joy :)

My favorite part…..it’s prepared in one little bowl.  No mixer….minimal dishes, YES!  If you ever get that craving for a single cookie, this will be your new go to cookie.  The dough is done in under 5 minutes.  Fabulous.

Take a peek at how simple and how perfect.  Happy cookie baking!!  xoxo

Santa will be so happy :)

Here is your simple ingredient line up. Pretty sure you will have everything in your pantry to try these out today.  I mean, you have to try it out on yourself before you give it to Santa right?!

Let’s get started shall we? Add your sugar to the softened butter.

Don’t forget the brown sugar :)

Break out a spoon and cream your butter and sugars until well combined.

Take one large egg and beat it until completely combined.

Add 2 Tablespoons of your beaten egg to the bowl.

A little shot of vanilla.

Give a good mix with your spoon then time for the dry ingredients.

Gorgeous!

Mix a couple times around the bowl and….

…add those chocolate chips.

Can I just take a moment to say how incredibly awesome this dough is?!

Take your largest scoop and dump in smack dab in the middle of your baking sheet.

Buttery crisp around the edges and perfectly soft and chewy in the middle.  Yes!!

This ginormous cookie looks awesome wrapped in a clear bag with a bow for that special friend too :)

Buttery Crisp XXL Chocolate Chip Cookie

2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar

2 tablespoons beaten egg

1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

6 tablespoons all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Place butter and sugars into a medium mixing bowl, beat with spoon until well combined. Add beaten egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir a couple times, then add chocolate chips, stirring to combine. Scoop dough into the middle of your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing.

3. Place on a plate for Santa Christmas Eve along with a glass of milk!

Makes 1 serving for Santa

___________________________________

Happy Baking!  Come back soon :)  xoxo

Comments

Bailey says:

Yummy!!! that looks so good! :)

Kathryn says:

I bet Santa will bring me really good presents if I make this for him!

There is pretty much nothing like a giant cookie! This so needs to happen for me:-)

for santa?! how about for me?? ;)

Santa’s a big guy with lots of miles to cover. He will be so happy to see these XXL cookies :)

Mmm, that last picture looks perfect. I’ve done large cookies before, but rarely can you get the texture in the middle -and- on the edges perfect.

Forget Santa, I want this cookie for myself..ha!

This is officially going on my “must-bake-this-week” list. And Santa’s proooobably not gettin’ any leftover bites of this cookie. ;)

I love your one-person desserts. Santa will be so happy :)

Oh em gee! Santa’s going to be very happy this year. Love this recipe!

I’ve actually met Santa personally, and I can say that I know for a FACT that he loves HUGE cookies. Your kids will probably get all the presents!!

Casey says:

that has got MY NAME written all over it!! Santa and I might have to just enjoy this together and kick back a few glasses of milk ;)

msundurstd says:

I have to ask..has anyone actually made this? I am also curious about the centre baking without burning edges. And, of course taste.

You have the luckiest Santa ever!

Savorique says:

Reminds me of the giant cookie made by Jacques Torres. I won’t share, sorry ;)

Umm…my pants are going to be XXL after this holiday season.

Mmm, I’d take it up a notch take some colored icing to write a cute message to santa! :)

What an amazing cookie! I want to be Santa and your house :)

Zesty Cook says:

One giant cookie for Santa…brilliant! Plus, there’s no way Santa could eat the whole thing, right? Sooo I guess Dad will have to help out the next morning ;)

Sandra says:

I think Mrs. Claus should have one too!

Traci says:

Great idea! I love it! We’ll leave one of these out for Santa for sure!

Now that is what I call one deliciously photographed cookie! I’d come down the chimney for one of those…love the vanilla you use too. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

I should make a test cookie for Santa…quality control, ya know?

Deborah says:

Love this idea – and I’m sure Santa will, too!

Erin says:

Ah you did it again! I finally made your giant peanut butter cookie and now I have to make this one.

I made one of these XXL cookies before… too big to eat though >.<

Stephanie says:

I wonder if this recipe would work in a 6×2 cake pan pizookie style!! Looks delicious!

Just call me Santa! This is my kind of cookie.

Sumaiyyah says:

I predict Santa will not be able to climb up the chimney after having these.. hehe.

Teresa says:

this recipe helped me decide! yahooo!!!! Grams is coming for Christmas … we are having 3 generations for a girls night of baking and crafting! Perfect for each of us to make our own, celebrate family and talk about all things wonderful! thanks!

I did a “trial run” of this recipe last night with The Teen. We had a handful of M&M’s available so we had milk chocolate chips (I never buy semisweet! blech!) and M&M’s in ours. HEAVEN.

I am going to pre-make some of this Saturday morning to take to my parents’ house so we can bake it up there for Santa. And, you know, keep the recipe laminated and duct-taped to the front of the fridge so I can make it anytime.

The hardest part was whipping the egg to the point where it wasn’t so snotty that it wouldn’t scoop properly into my tablespoon. Never though “snotty eggs not cooperating” would be added to my holiday stress list! :)

The biggest and the best Cookie for Santa :)

Liz says:

Is it bad if I want to make this and eat it all by myself?

Now this is the PERFECT cookie for Santa!! He will want to move into your house :)
    Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family.
    xo

I just made this cookie tonight and it turned out perfectly! I did cheat and use my hand mixer – I was a little lazy, what can I say! My teenage daughter and I split it and it was delish!! Defintely keeping this recipe handy any time I am craving a cookie, but don’t want an entire batch hanging around the house :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Love your blog!!

Hetal says:

I made this cookie today, but it did not spread much. It came out uncooked in the center and burnt on the sides. Where could I have possibly gone wrong? Please advice….I really want to make it better.

Marina says:

that is one big cookie!!! ill know where to go when i want to shock someone with a sugar rush!

Curt says:

Now that’s my kinda cookie. I believe in extremes!

Jenny- wow! this cookie looks fabulous!! i made your giant pb reese’s pieces cookie a few weeks ago and it was divine!! also VERY easy with only one bowl to clean up! i book marked this giant chocolate chip cookie too. :)

H. says:

Really good recipe! I saw it and made it the same day. Took 17 minutes to bake in my oven and came out very tasty!

ShannonLeta says:

Mine came out more cake-like. Hmmm. Wonder what I did wrong?

[...] solved my problem when she posted this jumbo chocolate chip cookie (for one!)  I like chocolate chip cookies, don’t get me wrong but my heart belongs to [...]

[...] a little too much. A cookie craving occurred and it was so convenient that Picky Palate’s giant chocolate chip cookie she made around the holidays popped into my head.Quite easy to make (not a good thing) [...]

Shirleykw says:

To late for Santa ! I’ll be making this again ! Easy, fast, & Good…

[...] some of you may actually be interested in the recipe for that cookie. And I must admit, I loved the recipe, so I’m more than happy to share! Instead of one large cookie, you could easily roll the [...]