Dec
2011

Pumpkin Pie French Toast Bake

Tags: , , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Hope everyone’s Christmas has been wonderful! This really is the best time of year isn’t it?

I can not tell you enough how much I love this French toast bake.  It is so simple to prepare and seriously tastes like you ordered it from a great restaurant.

I love the addition of pumpkin, it is perfect for this time of year and so festive.  Can’t wait for y’all to try this one!  Enjoy :)

You can use a wide variety of breads for this recipe.  I have used a big French Bread Loaf before which works lovely, but today I used this rustic little loaf which was fabulous as well.  8 ounces is all you need.

Make sure you have plenty of eggs before hand.  You’ll use up 8 eggies for this recipe.

Into the bowl they go.

Add some milk.

….and the pumpkin puree.  Love!

Cinnamon time!

Add some brown sugar as well.

Time to whisk it all together.  Don’t you love my Mickey Whisk?  I’m such a Disney nerd.

Once your egg mixture is whisked, pour it over your bread slices.

Pat the bread down so that all the pieces are covered nicely.

I like to sprinkle the top with granulated sugar.

…..and more cinnamon.

Slice a stick of butter…..I think you know where this is going.

Cube it and…..

Start placing the cute little cubes over the entire dish.

Like so :)  Such a happy little casserole.  Bake until golden and baked through.

Ahhhhh, perfect-o!

Wait until you smell this gorgeous French toast, LOVE!

Pumpkin Pie French Toast Bake

8 ounces thinly sliced French Bread

8 large eggs

1 1/2 cups milk

1 cup canned Pumpkin

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

8 tablespoons cubed cold butter

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Place sliced bread into prepared baking dish. Place eggs and milk into a large baking dish. Add pumpkin, brown sugar and cinnamon. Whisk to combine then pour over bread. With large spoon, press bread into egg mixture assuring each piece of bread is covered in eggs. Sprinkle with granulated sugar, cinnamon and place dollops of cubed butter over top.

3. Bake for 34-40 minutes until golden and baked through. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with pure maple syrup.

Makes 8 servings

__________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Jenny it looks fabulous…how could something with an adorable loaf of bread like that covered in 8 eggs, butter, and sugar and pumpkin not be though :)

I love the syrup action shot.

Hope you and the family are having a wonderful time in AZ!

Amanda says:

What a fabulous french toast recipe, Jenny! I cannot wait to give this one a try, maybe tomorrow while we’re still here with family. :) We all love your recipes!! :) xoxo

Looks super yum! Beautiful pictures too! Happy holidays!

Mmm, my whole family would love this recipe! We have a lot of pumpkin & french toast fanatics :)

Deborah says:

I love anything with pumpkin, and this looks supurb!!

omg, yum! It’s like pumpkin bread pudding!!

That looks heavenly! We’re having a breakfast gathering with friends in January and this will definitely be on the menu!

this is evil in the BEST way possible :)

I can’t wait to try this … I never would have thought to add pumpkin to french toast!

Marty says:

Oh my goodness. This seems heavenly. I’ve been having pumpkin oatmeal all week, I think this recipe is in order!

Susan S says:

Oh so yummy I can not wait to make this!!!

I have been looking for an easy and delicious baked french toast recipe SO MUCH LATELY. This looks the winner! I will be definitely making this asap :)

Meghan says:

This sounds divine!

Do you know? see this article, I became drool :d

What a fantastic baked French Toast recipe!

This breakfast would make me happy any day!

I’d like to be a mouse at your house and get to nibble a bit of everything you make in your kitchen!

This looks like a pretty delicious combination. I really enjoy having pumpkin for breakfast :) Made some pumpkin waffles a little while back that were so good. I think I would adorn this french toast with a dollop of freshly whipped cream :)

Mmmmmm, this looks dangerous!! Dangerously good! ;-)

Char says:

How would one go about storing this? It makes a LOT of servings and I want to make my batch last as long as possible. :)

Lauren says:

Gorgeous, Jenny! Love that you’re still baking with pumpkin…I can’t ever get enough!

Chelsea says:

This looks amazing! French toast + pumpkin…what a great idea! Love it!

Heather says:

This looks wonderful and easy!

Dinah says:

Just made two batches of this. On one of them I put pecans on top, of the 5 people who tried this it is a big hit! I LOVE your recipes and have made many of them on numerous occasions. HOW do you stay so thin????

Windy says:

This is so happening Saturday morning!! Thanks so much for a french toast option that doesn’t have mama standing in front of a frying pan or griddle for an hour, haha!

That is some really nice looking french toast!

Erin says:

Looks amazing! I wish I cooked for more than just myself most of the time.

Stephanie says:

1. I happen to own the scoop version of the Mickey Mouse kitchen gadget collection, so you’re not the ONLY Disney nerd! :P

2. Don’tcha just love your Cutco knives?! :)

3. …this looks amazing, as does EVERYTHING you post, and I can’t wait to try it!

wow, this looks amazing. never seen anything quite like this. and first time at your blog – gorgeous!

christina says:

made this tonight it was great – made the mistake of layering it which I def. shouldn’t have done – the bottom was more like bread pudding and the top was amazing. I think I wanted it a bit sweeter, so I might try to add some stevia or other natural sweetener next time with the brown sugar and maybe some vanilla too.

kanani says:

This sounds delicious! Have you ever prepared it the night before and baked it in the morning?

Aimee Holt says:

Hello,
    This looks absolutely amazing and I want to make it for Christmas morning this year. I am traveling on Christmas eve, so can this be pre-made and then refrigerated over night and still be as good?

[...] Pumpkin Pie French Toast Bake by Picky Palate [...]

susan says:

Can you make this the night before, like a wifesaver type breakfast casserole????