Jan
2012

Giant Hershey Kiss Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: ,

Cookies

Who would have thought my crazy idea of stuffing a giant Hershey Kiss inside of my cookie dough would turn out so fabulous!  I totally expected the kiss to still be a kiss inside, but it turned into what I like to call a chocolate molten cookie.  The chocolate oozed out like a dream!

Now…. I swiped the giant Kiss from my mom’s house over Christmas Break but I am assuming with Valentines Day right around the corner that you can still find these giant kisses at your local drug stores, grocery stores, Targets etc…  I have spotted them specifically in Walgreens.

Alright enough talking for me, let’s take a look!

First things first.  The dough I used was chilled overnight.  I suggest doing the same so the cookie holds it’s shape around the kiss :)  My Kiss box is beat up because I swiped it straight from my mom’s, into my suitcase :)  Thanks Mona!!

It’s kinda hard to see how big the kiss really is, so I had my little guy go grab a Lego dude.  Gives you a better idea.  I’d say it’s about 2 1/2 inches tall.

Love!

Here we go….cookie dough on the bottom….

Cookie Dough around sides and top.

Seal it up ever so gently and time to bake!

Perfection!  See the tip of the Kiss?  So fun.

Had I waited for the cookie to cool completely I kinda think the kiss would have held it’s shape, however who cares when you have this fabulous milk chocolate running out?!  I only made one giant cookie, but am assuming you could get about 12 giant cookies.  You could use the regular kisses for a smaller, equally as adorable cookie :)  Enjoy!

Giant Hershey Kiss Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup light packed brown sugar

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

3 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Twelve 1.45 ounce Hershey Kisses

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment or silpat liner.

2. Place butter and sugars in stand or electric mixer beating until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.

3. Place flour, salt and soda into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips. Refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.

4. Wrap dough around giant Hershey Kisses leaving tall, do not press dough down. Bake for 15-18 minutes until baked through.  Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting open.

Makes 12 large cookies

*Note:  You can also use regular size Kisses, adjust bake time for 10-12 minutes.

_______________________

Have a great week, come back soon!

Comments

Kathryn says:

I love the fact that you used a little lego man to give us an idea of perspective – you’re hilarious! I can’t get over that first picture of the cookies though and the way the chocolate oozes out…

When I saw these on Instagram, I about died and went to ooey gooey chocolate oozing heaven. They look…amazing!

I was excited to see this one… molten chocolate chip cookies-> love!

Wow! These look delicious! I posted a similar thing myself a few days ago and they were DELICIOUS!

The oozey chocolate looks amazing! You know, they make giant peanut butter cups these days… just saying… ;)

i wish there was a picture of my face when i saw that first photo because my eyes got THISBIG and i immediately started drooling :)

Oh mercy! That looks so amazing, Jenny! Yum, Yum, Yum!

Erin says:

WOW! These look insanely good. Great job making yet another drool-worthy stuffed cookie.

Whoa! These look insanely yummy! Mmmm….chocolate.

Perfection on a plate. I love it! And, I am totally going to try this. My littles will squeal with delight.

What a beautiful cookie! Thanks for the perspective with the lego, I was picture it being much larger.

Oh wow. Wow. What else is there to say?

Sounds and looks great! Reminds me of some cookies my mom used to make years ago. It was an almond flavored cookie dough with a hershey kiss hidden in the middle. Yum!

This reminds me of Valentine’s Day in middle school when I bought my “boyfriend” a huge Hershey kiss. Because really, what else do 13 year old’s buy each other on Valentine’s Day?!

Lauren says:

I love that you put that Hershey kiss next to a lego man! Haha! {And this is off the charts amazing.}

Cookies with melted chocolate centers are the best. But the Hersheys drops are too sweet to me, especially since you add almost a cup of brown sugar to the dough! I’d use a bitter dark chocolate inside for a nice contrast. It’s just me :)

wow…the cookies definitely look like a bit of heaven :D

Zee says:

I can eat this all by myself :D
    I was waiting for it’s recipe ever since you posted the picture on fb… Thank you so much, you made my day :)

Mila Sky says:

OMG that is some goooey goooey goodness! YUMMY!

Amy W. says:

Dream. Come. True! Thanks for sharing!

Aaand I’ve short circuited my keyboard with drool.

Cassie says:

That chocolate oozing out is mesmerizing. Amazing idea!

Oh my gosh. Staring at all the ooey, gooey chocolate has undone everything I just did at the gym.

Casey says:

yum! When i saw you post about this on Facebook this weekend, I knew it was gonna be fabulous :)

Wow, that is a lot of chocolate!

leslie says:

Holy COW! That is one big Kiss! Its only fitting it belong in a cookie!

Kim B. says:

My son saw this & just asked me if I’d make them…um, YES!! I’m not an out of the box thinker, so would’ve never thought about wrapping the dough around a hershey kiss or a rolo or all those minuature candies they now have! The possibilities are endless! LOVE this!!

In the words of my daughter… O – M – G.
    These look absolutely sinful. In the best way possible.

Oh yum Jenny! I love how you always incorporate yummy candy and candy bars into your sweets! My girls would adore this! :)

Claire says:

Oh wow! They look delicious :) I love the idea!

Wow, don’t those look delicious!! One yummy thing inside another, sounds like a good idea to me! =)

Bailey says:

Wow!! I will have to try this one…yum!! :)

Erin says:

Oh my word. Those look amazing!

Cor, just stunbled on your blog! What a great idea! Am definately going to have a go at making these – they may turn out a little different as not sure we get Kisses over here in Blighty, but blimey – I’ll find something to melt! Zoe

I can’t imagine waiting even two hours for this cookie dough to chill; well,maybe if I was eating up the kisses in the meantime! I’ve pinned your site to my Pinterest.com and you’re been “repinned” more than anything else.

Mary says:

Wow, those look evil and decadent at the same time. Just as cookies should :-)

jeralyn says:

I’m going to be sharing your Hearty Turkey Chili recipe on my blog tomorrow! I love your recipe it is so healthy and delicious!

[...] Giant Hershey Kiss Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate [...]

Oh my, these seriously look like a piece of died-and-gone-to-heaven!
    I usually decorate sugar cookies, but to eat, my fave kind is chocolate chip… *This* is definitely a version I’m trying next.

You are the coolest mom ever!! What a fun dessert!

beti says:

this is simply heaven, such a great dessert/treat/meal? I want to make them!

[...] Giant Hershey Kiss Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate [...]

April says:

I made mini ones, but my kiss didn’t get gooey…. I don’t know what went wrong.

Kelly says:

Ohh wow these look absolutely amazing!! Sinfully delicious, love it :)

I love molten chocolate cake, but this just takes things to a whole other level!

Time to go to Walgreens! I love ALL your cookie creations! :)

As if a chocolate chip cookie could get any better, it’s now oozing chocolate – – I’m in heaven!!

Wow this looks amazing! Looks so chocolatey I can almost taste it!

Andrea says:

Oh my goodness! That looks absolutely amazing and fairly easy! I’m gonna have to try it:)

[...] that’s over with, when I saw this idea for Giant Hershey Kiss Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, I knew I had to make them. As you can probably tell from my blog name I am somewhat of a [...]