Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jan
2012

Inside Out Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: ,

Cookies

Pin It!

Please do not ask me where this idea came from, I have no explanation for my crazy ideas.  I had no idea how a warm cookie wrapped in rice krispie treat would turn out, but after one bite I knew I had a winner!  Not only is this totally adorable and will have everyone talking, it is no kidding….so delicious.

I created the recipe for one giant serving which actually serves 8 small servings.  The beauty is, you can use whatever size cookies you would like.  Just form your rice krispie rounds according to the size of your cookies.  See my note at the bottom of the recipe.  You can stuff about anything inside these fun cookies.  I also tried brownies, but will be trying Nutella, Peanut Butter, Biscoff and a whole bunch of other fun things :)

Hope you enjoy!

I whipped up a small batch of rice krispie treats.  My biggest tip for you is work fast.   Have everything measured out before you start.  This will make all the difference in the world :)

I created another giant chocolate chip cookie recipe for you.  It’s all prepared in one bowl.  And might I add it is incredible by itself, so take note :)  Let this baby cool for 10 minutes before preparing the rice krispie portion.

Melt those beautiful marshmallows until perfectly puffed.

Here’s where you need to work quick.  Stir the cereal and marshmallows then take half and form into a nice round as you see below.

You will press your rice krispie a little wider than the size of cookie you are using.  I am using a large cookie, so I made an even wider circle.  Get it?  Ok, good :)

Ahhhhh, crazy right?!

I love these crazy cookies.

Place the second half of krispie treat mixture on top and….

spray your hands with cooking spray then quickly press and seal edges around cookie.

You’ll find the cooking spray on your hands is a necessity :)

Here you have my Inside Out Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie.  Love!

I tried the same technique with some brownie bites too.  Equally as fun and delish!

See?  Can’t wait to try other things :)

I cut the rest of my giant cookie into 8 wedges so I could share.  How fab is this?!

Inside Out Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup chocolate chips

___

2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

2 tablespoons butter

3 cups rice krispie cereal

1. Place butter and sugars into a medium bowl, beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Add flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips, mixing to combine. Transfer dough to a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet.

2. Place marshmallows and butter into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 60 seconds, until puffed. Working quickly stir in rice Krispie cereal until well combined. Divide mixture into 2 and take half and press into a round just bigger than your cookie onto parchment paper. Quickly place warm cookie on top of pressed mixture and quickly press remaining treats on top of cookie sealing edges and smoothing top. Should be round.

Makes 1 large cookie, cut into 8 wedges

*Note, Try stuffing brownie bites, smaller cookies, peanut butter, Biscoff, Nutella and so much more!

____________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon!

Comments

Fun idea, Jenny!

And crazy cookies as you call them..I love that. And I’d love to have one of these bad boys!

Amazing! I dream about chocolate cornflake nests and live for rice crispy cakes. This takes my cereal-chocolate-cookie obsession to dangerous new levels!

Kathryn says:

There’s a fine line between genius and madness but you are definitely on the genius side!!

I just adore how you stuff everything with chocolate. ;)

You really are insanely creative! Love this.

Since it has Rice Crispies in it, I can eat this for breakfast, right?

What a fun idea Jenny! I love it! :-D I love all of your stuffed recipes. They are my favorite.

Ohh, this is a very welcomed change of pace from your usual stuffed chocolate chip cookies! Yum. I wonder if it would hold up in the reverse order – a rice krispie treat inside the cookie?

Two of my favorite treats in one, sounds amazing!!

I’m thinking you add milk and technically it’s breakfast.

the queen of cookie stuffing!
    or the queen of “great uses for cookies?
    lol
    who cares, love the ideas girl!

They look great – and such a creative idea!

what a fun cookie!

I think I may have passed out, for just a moment or two, looking at these pictures. In a good way, of course.

That big cookie looks so delicious, I might just have to try that!

Sibylle says:

Great idea! They look yummy and I’m sure they taste funny as well – great for kids!

Anna says:

WHAT A GREAT IDEA! Can’t wait to try these!!!!

Holly says:

Omg please try biscoff, please try everything always with biscoff! hahah another amazing stuffed-cookie feat :D

Kimmie says:

How do you not weigh 500 pounds? I’m not kidding, with all of your tasty treats!!?? I gain weight just looking at them, which is why I read your blog while working out on the treadmill! Lol! Seriously. Yum!

Mish says:

you have the very coolest ideas ever. I absolutely can not wait to try these!!!

How cool is that! This is going on my must-try list right now.

Lauren says:

Yesssssss!! I am loving everything about these. Rice Krispie Treats are my weakness!!

Melissa says:

I have just added this to my list of Super Bowl Treats! Awesome-Sauce!

I loooooooove it! Figures you’d come up with something new to stuff ;)

Erin says:

You’re insane. And I love it!

Stephanie says:

You are like…the soul mate to the fat kid living inside me. I seriously want to cry, this looks so good!

Shaina says:

This is so much fun! I love the idea of the brownie bites, too. My kids would go nuts for these.

Jessica says:

You are seriously brilliant!

Megan says:

You always come up with the funnest, most unexpected treats, and I love it! These cookie/ krispie hybrids are just plain genius.

kayleigh says:

this looks so awesome! i am making it for lunch right now!! cookies are totally a meal (:

kelley says:

This is so over the top that I love it! When I read the title, I thought to myself “where does she come up with these ideas?” I had to laugh that you wrote the same thing! Keep ‘em coming!!

Jennifer | Mother Thyme says:

What a clever idea! And I just so happened to have picked up a box of Rice Krispies this weekend for granola and I have extra on hand to make these…looks like it was meant to be! :)

Cassie says:

Too fun. I just love this!

These are so creative (and surely delicious)! Love them!

Casey says:

yummy! you could probably find a way of stuffing a sock into a cookie look delicious ;) however…I’d rather the rice crispy stuffed cookies, love it! Yer a genius!!

leslie says:

YOu come up with some crazy ideas!!! Love them all!

This is evil. In the best possible way.

People should never question a genius – – just let them work their magic. And this my dear is some seriously delicious magic!!

Wow! That’s a whole lot of amazingness! You should check out my oreo stuffed cookies!!

Oh my goodness. Another brilliant stuffed cookie! I need to begin to actually try making some of your stuffed cookies; I’ve been drooling over them for far too long without getting to taste them!

Sara says:

These look delish! Thanks for sharing your crazy ideas!
    BTW – those napkins under your plate are sooo cute! Could you share where you found them? Thanks!

kayleigh says:

love all that chocolate oozing out the middle (:

Meredith says:

OMG

Meredith says:

Wow! I’ve been following your blog since I first got into college (it’s my first year at Southeast Missouri State and I have a lotttt of free time) and I looked forward to every post of yours. I find myself checking your blog everyday…. :0
    I’ve made so many of your recipes though,and this one is a nice simple one that I can try out here in the dorm!
    p.s. we share the same love of biscoff, and it’s easily available to me, which can be bad because now I eat a lot of it. White chocolate biscoff crunch cookies= heaven!

Thank you for entertaining my free time! And time when i’m suppose to be doing homework ;)

Meredith

Marla says:

Jenny, these are so creative & fun!! Love the rice kris pies coating :)

Tickled Red says:

I just love it when you get a crazy idea ;D I could use a plate of these for breakfast. I know bad right?

OMG these are so cute! I might be bringing some to school this week… :)

These are brilliant! What a fun treat :)

Deborah says:

I don’t know where you come up with these things, but you are seriously a genius!