These Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect party dessert or fun snack for any day of the week! They’re colorful, decadent, and so easy to make.
The Best Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Making rice krispie treats are so perfect for parties and family gatherings. Simple to prepare and everyone loves them. My funfetti krispie treat recipe is sure to make all of your guests so happy. They’re colorful, sweet and chewy! Enjoy!
So many of my favorite things!! I used THESE sprinkles.
How to Make Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats
I microwave the butter and marshmallows in a large heat proof mixing bowl. You can do this on the stovetop in a large pot as well.
Once the marshmallows are puffed and melted, stir in the cereal.
Marshmallow-y perfect! Stir in some mini chocolate chips then transfer to baking dish.
Press krispie treats into baking dish then top with sprinkles and Mini M and M’s. Drizzle with melted chocolate (not photographed) and let set up for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Oh Pax. He sure loves photo shoot time 🙂 Tries to take mommy’s treats every time!
Hope you enjoy!
Tips For Making Perfect Rice Krispie Treats
Make sure your marshmallows have some lumps still left when melting. This makes for an extra chewy treat.
Use more marshmallows than suggested…I always add in an extra handful.
Before transferring the cereal mixture to the pan make sure it’s buttered.
Butter your fingers or spray them with cooking spray to press the warm treats down evenly into the pan.
Butter the knife or spray with cooking spray for a clean cut every time. If you have a plastic knife, even better. No buttering needed.
Cut the treats while they’re still slightly warm.
Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons colorful sprinkles
- 1/4 cup mini M and M’s
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- Place butter and marshmallows into large heat proof mixing bowl and microwave until puffed and melted. Remove and stir in vanilla and cereal. After 2 minutes of stirring, add mini chocolate chips then transfer to 9×13 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper and sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Top with sprinkles and mini M and M’s. Drizzle with melted chocolate then top with additional sprinkles and M and M’s. Let chocolate set up for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.