Feb
2012

Biscoff Marshmallow Crescents

Tags: , ,

Desserts

It’s no secret that I am one of Biscoff’s biggest fans.  I keep the stuff stocked in our pantry at ALL times.  Luckily my local grocery store started carrying it so I don’t have to order it on Amazon anymore, phew!

This is a fun, completely simple recipe that is perfect to get the kids in the kitchen to help.  Minimal ingredients, minimal steps…….incredible outcome :)  My boys went nuts for this one and couldn’t believe I would only make 8 rolls.  How rude of me, lol!

The marshmallow makes for a sweet chewy center and the Biscoff……out of this world.  This is a no brainer, whip up in 5 minute recipe, that happens to taste like a million bucks.  Have fun!

Can you handle the massive amount of ingredients you’ll need?  Not sure I can :)  PS:  please imagine there is butter, cinnamon and sugar in the photograph as well

Gotta love those crescents.  This is the Trader Joe’s brand, but Pillsbury you can find at any grocery store.

Unroll and separate into triangles.

Oh mama mia.  I will throw a fit if Biscoff ever goes out of business.

Simple….place your tablespoon of Biscoff over wide end of triangle and top with marshmallows.

Like so.

Hubby came home from lunch and helped me roll these babies up.   Start at wide end and roll to the small end.

Cute right?

It’s about to get better.  Break out the butter please.

That’s right, butter those babies up.

Stir your cinnamon and sugar then…..

Sprinkle like crazy.

They’ll look a little like this before they get baked.

Here’s what you get when they come out of the oven.  Do not fear those marshmallows that ooze.  That is exactly what you want to happen.  Quickly take a plastic knife and press the oozed marshmallows back around the crescent.  It makes a perfect chewy caramel like consistency.  It’s fabulous!

Here they are after they’ve cooled for about 10 minutes.  Still a bit warm and perfectly delicious.

Biscoff Marshmallow Crescents

One 8 count roll of Crescent Rolls

8 tablespoons Biscoff Spread

Approximately 80 mini marshmallows

2 tablespoons melted butter

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.

2. Unroll crescents into 8 triangles onto prepared baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon of Biscoff spread onto the center of the wide end of the triangle. Top Biscoff with about 10 mini marshmallows then roll crescent up starting at wide biscoff marshmallow end. Space each crescent about 1 1/2 inches apart from each other. Brush melted butter over each crescent with a pastry brush. Stir together the sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle evenly over crescents. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden brown. Marshmallows will ooze everywhere. Once removed from the oven, take a plastic knife and bring warm oozed marshmallow back around each crescent. Let cool for 10 minutes then serve warm.

Makes 8 crescents

____________________________

Have a great day and come back soon!

Comments

Mmmm, they look perfect and I had a feeling when I saw the crescents on your Instagram they were going to be stuffed with either Nutella or Biscoff :) Or an Oreo!

I’d love to bite into one of those warm lil pillows!

How have I STILL not tried Biscoff?!

Nahti says:

Awesome! a must-try!

So that’s what you filled them with! Excellent choice! I bet the marshmallows are amazing with the Biscoff. I too am totally obsessed. I never have been able to find the Cookie spread at Trader Joes…only the Biscoff spread at other grocery stores. Have you ever tried Trader Joes brand??? P.S. I need one of these…like now. Mmmm!

If I had crescent rolls in the fridge I would be making these for breakfast!

Lea says:

We don’t have Biscoff here in Australia so not sure what it is – is it similar to Nutella, or is it just a chocolate spread? Either way, the recipe looks nice and easy so will give it a try. Thanks for sharing :D

Hi Lea, it’s a peanut butter consistency spread that tastes like cinnamon brown sugar heaven. Not sure how else to describe it, it’s just YUM!

• Lea says:

Thanks Jenny. Sounds divine. I have a couple of friends Stateside, so I might have to offer up some Tim Tams for a jar of Biscoff. Sounds like a fair trade lol

Mmm… cinnamon brown sugar… :p

natalie says:

oh YUM! i am totally making these soon!! i found my biscoff at world market! apparently trader joe’s has a version too (i think they call theirs speculoos spread) but i haven’t been able to find it at my local tj’s!

I know Natalie! I can’t find it at my TJ’s either. I look faithfully every time. I am so curious to see if it tastes just like it :)

the gooey-ness is killing me…i need some!

What fun little treats. I’d love to make these with my kids! I still haven’t tried the Biscoff spread, which seems like some kind of sin that I’ll need to remedy.

I think I may be Biscoff’s second biggest fan then! These look fabulous!

I’ve wanted to bake with my biscoff spread since I finally found it at World Market but I’ve been too lazy to bake. Instead I’ve been eating it by the spoonful (oops!). These look way too easy and delcious not to try, though!!

Bev Weidner says:

OOOOOOOOOH dear. My face wants these.

Jenny, these look awesome. I would eat Biscoff on literally anything so I think it’s safe to say these will definitely be made in our house!

Love this idea!! YUM.

Oh my stars!!! Those look incredibly dangerous…and delicious! ;) (I have 2 jars of Biscoff in my pantry right now!)

Moe says:

LOVE THIS~

Lauren says:

You were the first one to get me out and looking for that darn biscoff spread! Now, I have to have it on everything!!

wow, wow, wow! Can i be your neighbor? this looks incredibly good.. i have yet to try that biscoff spread, but I do love the cookies that I used to enjoy on Delta. :-)

Fallon says:

ooo yum!! I just purchased my second jar of Biscoff spread. This looks like an amazing idea!

Deanna C says:

Jenny, I have got to tell you that you crossed my mind yesterday. Being Girl Scout cookie season, I was dipping my Trefoil short bread cookie like I usually do into the nutella jar (YUM) and I thought to myself I bet this would be great if I dipped it into my biscoff jar as well. I was right I think anything that tastes great with nutella would be great with biscoff. So anyway I was wondering if you have or ever will in the future create something with Girl Scout Cookies? Cant wait to see what you come up with : )

Laurie says:

Oh my gosh, those look so good!!! Jenny, you’re a genius!! Can’t wait to make these!

Christy B. says:

Jenny, you have ruined me. I came across Biscoff spread about a month ago in the store and just about burst out of my skin I was so excited. I had been wanting to try your recipes with it and never thought I’d find it. Now we are on our third jar of the stuff and we’ve only made the Biscoff Stuffed White Chocolate Chip Cookies, which were to die for by the way. We just can’t stay out of the jar!

stephanie d says:

tj’s cookie spread, i’m assuming, is supposed to be similar to biscoff spread. the cookie spread we would just eat from the jar bc it was so sinfully delish! however, tj’s said they sold out and aren’t sure if they’ll be replinishing their shelves. so in the meantime…where can i buy the biscoff spread? (i’m in the OC, as you.)
    thanks jenny!

josie says:

Hi Jenny,
    Thank you for all the delicious recipes!
    I was wondering if you could maybe do a post about your favorite cooking tools/pans etc? Only because I noticed you had the lecreuset oval skillet and was thinking of getting one myself but read that it was hard to clean??
    Thanks!

Heather says:

Hi-So I’ve never used Biscoff spread or even heard of it before this post! I went to the store today to buy all the ingredients and I made these for dessert tonight. OMG they are insanely amazing!!! Plus-I can’t stop eating straight out of the jar now that I’ve tasted it! YUM!!! Thanks for such a fun fantastic recipe! I have already planned to make them for a group of kids on Sunday morning after their swim practice!! Thanks so much!

Oh Jenny, these look amazing! Wish I had for a late night snack right now. :)

Genna says:

what is Biscoff made from? and can you get it outside of the states?

Emily says:

These look AWESOME!! I bought a bag of mini marshmallows for Super Bowl treats last week, and I have been hunting for a recipe to use them up before they go stale! This looks like the perfect way.

Oh man, I have all of the ingredients…this could be kismet.

The title of this post stopped me in my tracks. I’ve got to make these!

Casey says:

oh my gosh, those look like little dreams!

Oh my!..but these look so delicious!

Shonda says:

I just found your blog through $5 Dinners and I’m pretty sure I’ve gained 15lbs in the last hour as I read through your last few posts!!! Everything you have sounds amazing and I have marked several recipes to try – thanks so much for the inspiration! I also subscribed be email, so I won’t miss anything in the future!

The first thing I thought, when I saw the title of this recipe was YEA RIGHT!! ohh myy … you continue to blow me away with all this deliciousness. I really need to get my hands on a bottle of biscoff, but im almost positive it’s not sold near by :(.

Brenda says:

Our local grocery store recently started carrying biscoff spread, I also found the biscoff cookies at Staples (of all places!) I haven’t cooked with it yet, because I am wanting to try too many recipes. I have everything I need though! I bought white chocolate chips just to try one of your other recipes. Biscoff spread is amazing though, I hope they continue to carry it locally!

Sarah W. says:

these are AMAZING. and were a hit at Mother’s Day dinner last night. super duper easy to make. i used speculoos cookie butter from trader joe’s. def serve them warm. if u can’t do it straight out of the oven, then nuking in microwave is also ok but be careful you don’t ruin integrity of the treat :)

sooooooooooo goooooooooooooood. i calculated it as about 193 calories per crescent. not shabby.

As you can see my website is still being developed. We are confectionery retailers and wholesalers on the upper northshore. I would like to tell you that we are getting Biscoff in Australia. It is still a month off however it is coming one way or another….Stay tuned…..

[...] Biscoff Marshmallow Crescents by Picky Palate [...]

Nancy says:

I never heard tell of Biscoff…… what part of the supermarket will it be locted in?

Annemarie says:

Biscoff!!!! I hadn’t heard of it til today except as the actual cookie. It’s a spread?! I need to find this.

Patricia Miller says:

I’d like to make these for a carry-in at work – are they still good the next day after making them?