Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Feb
2012

Glazed Donut Hole Brownies

Tags:

Desserts

I know, there is no explaining my madness, I just wanted to try this idea.  Let’s just say it was a good idea, lol!  I do not recommend indulging this dessert on a regular basis, but oh baby if you are having a bad day or just need a good sweet treat, you have got to whip up a batch of these bad boys!

Yes, you heard me right, glazed donut holes :)

Transfer those babies to a baking dish.

Pour your prepared brownie batter right on top :)

Time to bake!

How fabulous does this look?

Let cool and prepare the ganache.

Whip up a simple ganache over a double boiler.

Spread over top cooled brownies and go to town :)  Enjoy!

They are absolutely as good as they look.

If we are going donut holes and brownie you might as well add a scoop of ice cream right?  xoxo

Glazed Donut Hole Brownies

1 box brownie mix (I used the 8×8 inch size, but the 9×13 inch size works too)

1 15 ounce box Glazed Donut Holes, about 32 (I used Entenmann’s Pop Em’s)

1 cup chocolate chips

2-3 tablespoons heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

2.  Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Transfer donut holes to prepared baking pan. Pour brownie mix evenly over top of donut holes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownies are baked through.

3. Remove and let cool. To prepare ganache, place chocolate into the bowl of double boiler. Mix until melted then slowly stir in heavy cream until shiny and smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into squares and serve.

Makes 12 brownie squares

_______________________________

Have a great day, come back soon!

Comments

Jenny you are soooo creative! And I love donut holes (I mean, who doesn’t!) but paired with brownies and then the chocolate ganache…holy yum. I want. This is Valentine’s Day + Santa Claus all rolled into one for me :)

Sibylle says:

Very funny brownies! Thanks for sharing!!!

Kathryn says:

I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be able to stop thinking about these until I actually make them!

yak says:

pure delicious insanity!

Priyanka says:

Very creative. Looks perfect

Oh my goodness. You’ve outdone yourself, Jenny! This looks like the ultimate decadent dessert. Woah. :-D

You are crazy and genius all at the same time!

i just died…this is INSANE!

heather bell says:

My husband might be coming to live at your house!! He loves donuts! I might be coming to live at your house! I love brownies! Best of both worlds.=) Better make this before I have my next baby so that I have an excuse! bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com

Now THIS is a recipe that would make Paula Deen proud! It sounds odd but it looks great and makes me want to give these a shot :)

Verryy delicioussss and yummmmyyyy! =)

brilynn says:

I kinda feel like today is one of those days that I need a glazed donut hole brownie… Those are awesome!

Dawn says:

Ohhhhh myyyyy!!!!! What have you done? I can’t stop thinking about them. These sound absolutely fantastic. Must. Make. Them. NOW. :)

Jenn says:

Absolutely Genius! I HAVE to make these… (after I finish eating the pan of gooey white chocolate fluffernutter cake bars I made yesterday) :0)

Stephanie says:

OMG – love this idea! Can’t wait to try it.

This dessert looks great! I would love it if you linked up this recipe to my blog hop for a chance to win a cookbook prize package: http://bit.ly/wJSl1h

Cassie says:

You are hilarious, and brilliant! These are awesome and although I don’t eat doughnuts, as a rule, that rule will definitely be broken for these!

Donuts + Brownies? I’m convinced!!!

Sally says:

so simple and yet, so creative! incredible idea Jenny! :)

C-love says:

seriously want to devour the whole pan. WOW

oh my, if you came up with that recipe all on your own, you are seriously a genius! this is incredible, and perfect for those sad days, i agree, not everyday. :-) man, your kids and neighbors are so lucky!

Marti says:

OMG I have to make these.
    Thanks for sharing
    Marti

Renee says:

Oh my god… just… no words

Katie Rose says:

Oh.Wow. I need these now. Now I have to go to the store.

Oh my lord! These look amazing! I must try these asap! The only thing is I’ll have to use whole donuts, as I haven’t been able to find donut holes since moving to the UK. But really, whole donuts? Who’s complaining!

This is madness! I’m in love…

Michelle says:

Oh my word! This is going to fly around the internet just like your oreo stuffed cookies! But we all know that you are the originator :)

I have NEVER seen anything like this! Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!

Joss says:

wow..these look incredibly orgasmic. Everyone should make these for their valentine!!

Wow, now that is an indulgence! What a creative idea.

Kelly says:

I JUST made these today. My donut holes must have been on the larger size, because the amount of brownie batter ended up much, much lower than halfway up the donut holes. So I used two boxes of brownie mix and increased my baking time. I also swapped out the regular donut holes for glazed red velvet ones.

They turned out AMAZING. In the words of the lovely Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec: “I ate a brownie once. At a party in college. It was kind of indescribable really. I felt like I was floating. It turns out that there wasn’t any marijuana in it, it was just an insanely good brownie.” I am definitely making these again.

Holy moly, that’s chocolaty explosions — I don’t mind it one bit ;)

KC says:

I made these last night with cinnamon donut holes and dark chocolate brownie mix. Amazing! I love your creativity!

Okay..i know i’ve said this about your recipes before..but this one is sheer genius! I’m a brownie fanatic..and i can NOT wait to try this one. LOVE it!

lou says:

this. is. RIDICULOUS!

Erin says:

Cake or yeast doughnut holes? I have to try these!

Lisa Mays says:

Yum! Decadent! Who wouldn’t love a “two in one” dessert!

These are so fun Jenny!

Lauren says:

INSANE!!! In a very good way.

Just found you on Hello Cotton – these look incredible! Yum :-)

I commend you for your self control to not just scarf down the whole box of plain donut holes! These look incredible.

Allison says:

You are an EVIL GENIUS!

Kelly Senyei says:

Oh. My. Lard. You are indeed an evil GENIUS! Donuts are my favorite food on the planet, so to find them combined with brownies, well, I about lost it. Cannot wait to try this!

Sandy says:

Oh dear.

Robin says:

I think I just got a cavity reading this recipe! :)