Jun
2012

Mini Peanut Butter and Chocolate Buttercream Cookie Sandwiches

Tags: ,

Cookies

It’s no secret that I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter together, you see it on Picky Palate all the time, right?  I had to laugh at these photos because my cookie sandwiches look like little hamburgers.  Hamburgers or not, these mini cookie sandwiches are downright delicious and I am thrilled to share them with you today :)

I was fighting against the sun setting otherwise I think I would have put sprinkles around the edges, so they don’t look so burger like, lol!   Next time!

I whipped up a simple peanut butter cookie dough here.  Start by creaming your butter and sugars.

Add a pretty little egg.

Some peanut buttah and vanilla :)

Add your dry ingredients and voila’ ready to bake!

I used my smallest cookie scoop to form my dough.

Bake em’ and let these babies cool.

While the cookies are cooling, let’s prepare the buttercream, shall we?

Butter and powdered sugar ready.

Whisk, whisk, whisk.

Add some fabulous melted chocolate.

Maybe dip your finger in….then whisk that together.

Add a touch more powdered sugar to thicken.

Like so :)

There you have a rich chocolatey buttercream.

You know what to do.  Pile it on top of those cooled cookies and sandwich together!

Mmmm, little hamburgers :)  Just kidding.  Enjoy!!

Mini Peanut Butter and Chocolate Buttercream Cookie Sandwiches

1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted softened butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

1 large egg

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Chocolate Buttercream

1 stick (8 tablespoons) softened unsalted butter

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.

2. Place butter and sugars into your stand mixer beating until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, peanut butter, then vanilla to the mixer, beating until creamy.

3. In a large bowl, mix your flour, salt and baking soda to combine then add to the wet ingredients until just combined. With a small cookie scoop, scoop dough onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until baked through. Remove from oven and let cool.

4. To prepare buttercream, place butter and 1 cup powdered sugar into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. Stir and add to bowl, whisking. Add remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar to bowl, whisking until a nice frosting consistency is reached. Add buttercream to cooled peanut butter cookies sandwiching together. Serve and enjoy!

Makes 12-18 cookie sandwiches

Comments

Jenny, you’re so creative! And I love PB + chocolate!

And I don’t know how you do as much baking & dishes as you do and your nails are PERFECT!!

Oh my gosh those little peanut butter sandwiches look adorable and delicious at the same time! I’m totally with you – I love PB + Chocolate. I love just about any nuts and chocolate, they make such a great combination. And that chocolate buttercream …. I could seriously just eat that by itself :) Can’t wait to try this recipe!

These look fantastic – not at all like hamburgers (ok, maybe just a little!) That melted chocolate makes me feel very INSPIRED to try these!

Awww, sooo cute! :) I’d add some finely chopped peanuts to the side..or maybe chocolate jimmies?! Mmm, not that they’d need anything else- I bet they’re deeee-lish!

I love any kind of cookie sandwich, and these look amazing! Chocolate buttercream smooshed between two peanut butter cookies? Genius!

Chocolate & peanut butter are the best thing since sliced bread :) So cute!

Jackie C says:

These look awesome, I am so making them ths weekend!! Could you please take a pic and show us your small cookie scoop against a coin or something so we can have an idea how small it is? Or is there a number measure on it? Thanks a bunch!!

Just a perfect cookie. I can’t say anymore!

Adorable! But oh my word — those look a LITTLE too irresistible. :)

marla says:

My favorite flavors | PB + Chocolate!! Great cookies girl. Welcome home!

Cute! Who cares if they look like hamburgers :)

I think a sandwich cookie is next on my list of things to bake, and this one is obviously calling to me. Classic eanut butter cookies with chocolate frosting? Happiness.

Yum YUMM!! I would gladly take this over a mini hamburger. My kinda sliders! ;)

You can immediately tell what an amazing experience it will be to bite into those cookies! Yum!

too funny, i thought they were little mini burgers too til i saw the title! chocolate and peanut butter is only the best combo ever…i have it in my oatmeal every single morning!

Lauren says:

YUM! I’m also a pb + chocolate lover!! Can’t ever have too much!

Pretty sure that peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best combinations ever!!

Amy says:

Not only do the cookies look amazing, but your nails look fab as well! What color are you wearing?

I could use a few of these cute little cookies right about now! They look so good!

I definitely think that peanut butter and chocolate are the best combo out there! These are adorable :)

Love PB & Chocolate! I think since they’re mini cookies, you can have a few at a time and the calories won’t count, right? Sounds good to me anyway.

I bet the baby loves these! :) Such cutie patootie cookies, too, hamburger posers or not!

The thought of these is making me drool. Peanut butter and chocolate together is always a winner. Yay, you came up with another winner!

Keep writing…

Caley says:

Maybe you should play up the hamburger-like appearance and use these as trompe l’oiel desserts! Add some sesame seeds on top, some yellow and red frosting inside… ;)

jenna says:

oh my these look great! nothing is better than pb and chocolate.

As always your creations look so tasty! Burgers or not, I would eat one… Or ten :D

Jenny, these are adorable! I love mini cookie sandwiches. Give me an excuse to eat more than one! And chocolate + PB is godsent…. hands down, my favorite flavor combo. love these Jenny!

The perfect sandwich cookie!

They look delicious even if they do look a lil like hamburgers. Lol!

LOVE your site!!
    what kind of camera do you use?
    i have to make these cookie sandwiches, they look delicious.

Kelly says:

These look SO amazing and ohh how I’m in love with your hot pink Kitchen-aid mixer!!! xoxo

JenMarie says:

Chocolate and peanut butter….is there a BETTER combination? I don’t think so.
    I really like how you didn’t do the typical chocolate cookie and peanut butter center. The flipped cookie makes it so much more fun!

Nicoletta says:

My God I’m speechless!!!! they look amazing!!!! Your pictures are fantastic!!!!

Oh boy! This sounds fun and awesome! Love it!

Doug Barnard says:

Great post, thanks for this! By the way, I once used Textuarants when I was making something similar to this and it worked awesome!

garysgirl says:

Hey Jenny. Just wanted to tell you that I have always really liked peanut butter cookies, but I’ve tried several that were tasty, but fell apart. To me, they just weren’t the perfect PB cookie! Well, I saw this post and thought I’d give them a try as yours didn’t appear ‘crumbly.’ I made a double batch and they were DELICIOUS!!!! :) I am soooo happy to have found my ‘perfect’ peanut butter cookie recipe! I made the frosting as well (and should have doubled it as well, as it was so yummy!) and I brought them to a friends house and they were a huge hit! Thanks so much! :)