Jun
2012

Adobo Feta Turkey BLT Sliders

Tags: , , , ,

Dinner

I really love making burgers of all kinds, especially in the summer months.  There are so many ways to make a great burger, but I must say this combination I developed knocked our socks off.

Take a peek and enjoy friends!  xoxo

Here’s your line up of ingredients.  You can find the adobo sauce in a can of chipotle peppers.  Adds perfect smoky flavor.

Let’s make the turkey sliders shall we?  Add a little garlic salt to start.

A little salt and pepper please.

Some Feta Cheese.  Don’t skip this, it’s heavenly throughout the slider.

One egg.

Here’s that Adobo Sauce.  3 tablespoons is perfect.  Add more for more spice.

Mix it all up until just combined.

Form into little patties.  About 1/4 cup each.

Time for the grill!

About 3-4 minutes each side.

Ahhh, little grill marks :)

Cheese please!

Mmmm, melty.

Ok, time to layer all of this goodness on the rolls.

Adobo Feta Turkey BLT Sliders

1 cup mayonnaise

3 tablespoons Dijon mustard

2 tablespoons dill pickle relish

12 strips precooked bacon, crisped

12 slices tomato, 1/2 inch thick

2 cups arugula leaves

1. Preheat indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.

2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, garlic salt, salt, pepper, Feta, egg and ancho sauce until just combined. Take 1/4 cup of mixture and form into patties. Should make between 11 and 12 patties.

3. Grease grill and in grill patties until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. The last couple minutes add the cheese to melt.

4. Place mayonnaise, Dijon and relish into a small bowl, stir to combine. Spread on insides of split rolls.

5. Layer rolls with a turkey burger, tomato slice, and bacon slice. Close burger with top roll. Use long toothpick to hold together if desired. Serve immediately.

Makes about 12 sliders

Comments

Adorable little burgers…and perfect manicure :)

Angie says:

And dinner is now decided. Already have everything in house :) Yum!

I want to come to YOUR house for dinner!!

Your sliders look wonderful! I love that you used arugula instead of plain old lettuce. We’re adding these to our menu pronto!
    ~ Caroline

Delicious! Perfect twist to a standard cheeseburger for the 4th, can’t wait to try it!

Lauren says:

Love a cute slider!!

Madeleine says:

Mmm, turkey-feta burgers have been on the “to-make” list for a while, I might just have to try these out! Thanks!

The perfect July 4th treat! These look fabulous!

Oh my stars….I want these RIGHT NOW!!!

Deborah says:

Is it bad that I want one of these for breakfast?? :)

Michelle K says:

Love this recipe and can’t wait to try it. I’m just a little confused on the chipotle sauce. You call it Ancho in your recipe, but Adobo in your heading. Just checking to see if it’s really Ancho sauce.

I always like new burger ideas…I need change once in a while. Love it!

Why am I not living in a corner of your kitchen?

everything is “betta” with feta! :) looks delicious!

I am so hungry now! These look seriously amazing! Pinned!!!! :D

Yum!! I’ve been meaning to buy canned chipotle chilis for a while now. I think this recipe is going to cause me to finally do it! Yay!

Makenzie M says:

Ancho or Adobo? I love adobo, I just didn’t see it in the recipe.

Oum Abdullah says:

Huum sa a l’air très bon !

Coucou de france !

Oh wow, these look absolutely delicious! I need to get more creative with burgers, so I’ll have to try these out.

Wow, my mouth literally just started watering–these look SO GOOD! Also, I really need one of these little grill pans, haha

Alyssa says:

Yum! I can never pass up a good burger!

marla says:

Jenny, these are such delicious looking burgers! Great presentation too. Hope you guys are doing great!! I miss you bunches :)

Nice to see turkey for a change :) They look fantastic and the feta is a great spin!

Jenny, these look redonkulously good! I love turkey burgers, and bacon is good on everything of course :)

Ashlee says:

Made these tonight but did burgers instead of sliders… Fabulous! We used Hawaiian bread hamburger buns – the sweet bread cut the heat nicely!

Molly says:

Where did you get that fabulous grill pan?

[...] For a main course, you probably want something that’s easy to eat with one hand while holding a paper plate. For most people that means burgers, but if you want to try something just a little different, these turkey BLT sliders should do the trick. There’s crumbled Feta cheese mixed in with the ground turkey, plus a little of the sauce that you find in a can of chili peppers. Top it all off with Swiss cheese, bacon and tomato, and you’ve packed some big flavor on a small bun. (Picky Palate) [...]

There is certainly a lot to learn about this
    subject. I really like all the points you’ve made.