I really love making burgers of all kinds, especially in the summer months. There are so many ways to make a great burger, but I must say this combination I developed knocked our socks off.
Take a peek and enjoy friends! xoxo
Here’s your line up of ingredients. You can find the adobo sauce in a can of chipotle peppers. Adds perfect smoky flavor.
Let’s make the turkey sliders shall we? Add a little garlic salt to start.
A little salt and pepper please.
Some Feta Cheese. Don’t skip this, it’s heavenly throughout the slider.
Here’s that Adobo Sauce. 3 tablespoons is perfect. Add more for more spice.
Mix it all up until just combined.
Form into little patties. About 1/4 cup each.
Time for the grill!
About 3-4 minutes each side.
Ahhh, little grill marks 🙂
Ok, time to layer all of this goodness on the rolls.
Adobo Feta Turkey BLT Sliders
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
1 large egg
3 tablespoons Ancho sauce from canned chipotle peppers
3 slices Swiss cheese, quartered
12 dinner rolls, split
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
12 strips precooked bacon, crisped
12 slices tomato, 1/2 inch thick
2 cups arugula leaves
1. Preheat indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, garlic salt, salt, pepper, Feta, egg and ancho sauce until just combined. Take 1/4 cup of mixture and form into patties. Should make between 11 and 12 patties.
3. Grease grill and in grill patties until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. The last couple minutes add the cheese to melt.
4. Place mayonnaise, Dijon and relish into a small bowl, stir to combine. Spread on insides of split rolls.
5. Layer rolls with a turkey burger, tomato slice, and bacon slice. Close burger with top roll. Use long toothpick to hold together if desired. Serve immediately.
Makes about 12 sliders
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.