Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jan
2013

Snicker-Doodles {literally}

Tags: ,

Cookies

So if you like Snickers Bars and Snickerdoodles you are going to love my Snicker-Doodles {literally}.  Two of my favorite goodies combined into a cookie masterpiece.

Can’t wait for you to try these!

I had my friend’s sweet little girl helping me make these cookies so you’ll see her cute little hands in my photos.  Break out your Snickers Bars my friends and let’s get baking!

Let’s cream the butter and sugar.

Add a nice egg.

A touch of vanilla.

Dry ingredients please!

Mix, mix, mix.

Slice and cube your Snickers Bars.

Ahhhh, there we go.

Into the mixer they go.

Give a little mix.

I love this cookie dough.

Roll your cookie dough into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.

Time to bake.

• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 full size Snickers Bars, cubed
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla beating until combined. Add dry ingredients along with the Snickers pieces beating on low until just combined. Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.

Makes 2 dozen cookies

Note: Try with your other favorite candy bars “Peanut Butter Cup-Doodles, Milky-Way-Doodles, M&M-Doodles”

This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but opinions are my own.

Comments

Jenny I love Snickers. And Snickerdoodles. Recently I came up with a cookie I call Sugar-Doodles. Basically anything in the Snickers, Doodles, or Sugars categories, and I’m happy! These are so fun and look fab!

Any dessert that incorporates snickers is good in my book! These cookies look great!! Love the baker’s twine by the way :)

What a great idea! I mean, snickers is in the cookie name so it only makes sense to include them, right?

Snickers has to be my all time favorite candy bar and in this cookie? Oh my gosh! Love it!

Oh wow, yum! And such beautiful pictures of the whole process. I’d love to know how/where you photograph your process shots. Do you just have a really well-lit kitchen?

nicole says:

*yummy* i need to buy some snickers and try this recipe!!

greetings from germany

nic

Oh I bet these are fantastic!

Snickers are probably my all time favorite candy bar, my daughter always passes her snickers swag to me after Halloween! Lol

HA! You weren’t kidding. I never think to throw candy bars into cookies, but it’s kind of an amazing idea. These look great!

These look awesome, Jenny! I’m obsessed with anything involving Snickers, so these are going on the “must-make” list!

Tiffany Brown says:

I have left over snickers and m&m’s from Christmas I am thinking of combining them :) On the menu for Cookie Thursday with my little man :-)

Not only to the cookies look ridiculously good but I am obsessed with the color of your stand mixer! Now if only I could justify having two…

What a great idea – my 7 year always says Snickers need to be in Snickerdoodles otherwise they need a different name!

Stephanie says:

Looks amazing!!!!

LOVE these Jenny!

Eeep! Why has this recipe never occurred to me before? It makes so much sense! Snickers in anything makes so much sense!

Stephanie says:

Genius! You put the Snickers in snickerdoodles!

marla says:

A GREAT use of snickers Jenny!!

You seriously always come up with the best cookie combos! This one is no exception! So perfect :) I want the whole batch!

amazing- love candy in cookies!!

Emily says:

Jenny – these look awesome. My daughter is allergic to nuts though. Do you think a nut free candy bar like Milky Way would work just as well?

Teresa Young says:

These look great! I love the color of your KitchenAid, and that picture of the cubed Snickers bars looks really pretty! (:

Sugar Baby says:

Whoa!! Those look amazing!!!!!!! I love Snickers, and putting them in cookies is just genius. :-)

Sibylle says:

Looks very very delicious! Great idea!

You’re right- I do love them!

Julia says:

These look so delicious! I love your pink kitchenaid by the way. :) So fun.

Amber C says:

Now THIS is a Snickerdoodle! The first time I tried them as a kid, I felt completely ripped off. There were no Snickers in there at all! THANK YOU!!

Kayley says:

These look devine! I recently read a similar recipe with candy bars that suggested that the candy bar pieces be frozen before adding to the mix to avoid oozing. Did you find this to be a problem at all?

veronica says:

bahaha! I love that title/name of the cookie. It totally made me laugh, and then the pictures and recipe made me start to drool (is that TMI?) This recipe looks fabulous! I cant wait to pick up some Snickers bars to try it :)

I love your creativity, Jenny! These look so good! Snickers are one of my favorite candy bars and incorporating them in a cookie just make them even more yummy!

Madison says:

Love it! I had to do a double take because of the title and then I said “ooOOOh!” haha

This is too good. Great idea and so unique recipe.

Heck yes! These sound awesome!

Madeleine says:

YUM! I actually have never even made REGULAR snickerdoodles before! Maybe I should try these out, because chocolate makes everything better.

We love cookies, and we love snickers, a recipe match made in heaven. I am making these tonight! I would love for you to link up this recipe to my linky party, my readers will LOVE this recipe!! http://www.fivelittlechefs.com/2013/01/fantastic-thursday-27.html

Terri A. says:

I think they should be called Snickers Doodles! I’ve done snickers in brownies, but not in cookies – love the idea and can’t wait to try it!

Anna says:

Made these today and we LOVE them!!! Love all of your cookies!!

Heather says:

Hey there! I’ve been following (via Google Reader) for quite a while but I wanted to pop over and say how much I love you’re recipes and post layouts. You are one of my favourite food bloggers firstly because your recipes are amazing but also (and this plays a HUGE role) because you do step-by-step photos. Thanks for sharing your talents! Can’t wait to make these!

Oh my mum would love me for this, Snickers is her all-time favorite chocolate! Thanks for sharing, saving the recipe for a good occasion to surprise her :)

GS test says:

Snicker-Doodles {literally} – Picky Palat

[…] also made these Snicker Doodles (w/ Snickers!) from Picky Palate. I changed 2 things: 1) I used 12 fun sized Snickers 2) I keep a […]