Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jan
2013

Salsa Verde Ranch Style Beef Chili

Tags: , ,

Dinner

I know we all have dozens of chili recipes, but I’ve got one more winner to add to your collection.  This beefy chili has a mexi-ranch spin that sends your tastebuds through the roof!

I use salsa verde and ranch dressing seasoning which makes for a zesty chili full of fabulous white beans and veggies.  This will be a perfect addition to your game day menu too :)

Let’s take a look shall we?

Here’s your line up of ingredients.  Make sure your beef is thawed, unlike mine, lol!

Saute your veggies until slightly softened.

Add your ground beef and cook until browned.  Add your beans and tomatoes.

Time for the salsa verde and Ranch dressing seasoning packet.

Add your chicken broth, cumin and chili powder.

Give a nice stir and simmer until you are ready to enjoy!  Top with sour cream cheese and tortilla chips if desired.

Salsa Verde Ranch Style Beef Chili

• 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa verde
  • 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/2 cup fresh minced cilantro

Directions

1. Place oil into a large dutch oven, 3-5 quart size over medium heat. When hot, add onions and zucchini, cook for 8-10 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add beef, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
  2. Add beans, tomatoes, salsa, ranch seasoning, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder and cilantro. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low. Simmer until ready to serve.

Makes 8 servings

Comments

Mmmm looks great! Your pictures make everything look so yummy :)

mmm…. a perfect winter dish! Looks fantastic!

this is definitely perfect for the winter or any bowl game!! hearty and delicious, i love it, Jenny! the flavors are incredible too!

Yum, I friend who grew up in New Mexico made green chili for me when I was 18 and I’ve been in love ever since!

Perfect meal for the snow we are getting!

Thanks for sharing this recipe. It sounds and looks good. I have bookmarked the page to try this one. If you get a chance stop by my blog Recipe for Life and check out my family favorite recipes at: http://deborah-bateman.blogspot.com

This looks like the perfect meal for today! It’s snowing here and I definitely need a big pot of this on the stove :)

Gaby says:

love this giant pot of deliciousness!! perfect for a big gathering :)

naomi says:

So wonderfully tasty and easy to make!

Deborah says:

My mouth is seriously watering over this, Jenny!!

This looks so good! I just recently learned in a food safety exam that cooking frozen ground beef in the pan is a safe way to defrost beef :)

Mmm, looks amazing! Love the Herdez salsa too, btw.

Sister Spice says:

I am always looking for ways to change up my chili, and this looks like a fresh, tasty spin on my usual recipe! Delicious!

My family would love this Jenny, and we’re getting a little tired of the usual chili.We’ve still got a few months of winter ahead, so I’m bookmarking this!

Can’t go wrong with chili for the Superbowl! And this one looks different than other chilis I have tried – sounds great!

marla says:

The perfect family meal Jenny!

This looks like the perfect cold weather comfort food!

I am dreaming about that right now wrapped in a blanket bc its cold. I could use a big bowl right now :)

Hi Jenny! I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I have your cookbook and my family has loved many of your recipes. As a mom of two boys, it’s fun to see another mom with similar interests raising her family. Thanks for all of your hard work!

This looks easy enough to whip together after a long day at work! And I love the sour cream/tortilla idea! That is a winner for me! Thanks for sharing!

Aggie says:

I have never made a green chili like this, I love it Jenny!! Yum!

Darlene says:

Wow! One thing I know for sure, I will NEVER again make traditional chili. This went beyond exceptional. Only changes I made were because if what I had or did not have on hand. I substituted one can of white beans for 1 can black beans and left out the cilantro and chili powder. Thanks for this delcious recipe. Now I must go and get another bowl. :)

Jeo says:

Mrs picky palate,

Amazing recipe made for the fam bam. They couldn’t resist , so delicious also made with corn bread muffins.Yum!!

Thanks

Beth says:

I made this in the crockpot and used chicken instead of beef but used all the other ingredients as listed—the flavor of the salsa verde and ranch really makes it!! It was delicious, definitely going into the rotation.

[…] NOT wait  Need a GOOD chili recipe for your parties?  Try THIS ONE,  THIS ONE, THIS ONE and THIS ONE.  Some of my […]