I know we all have dozens of chili recipes, but I’ve got one more winner to add to your collection. This beefy chili has a mexi-ranch spin that sends your tastebuds through the roof!
I use salsa verde and ranch dressing seasoning which makes for a zesty chili full of fabulous white beans and veggies. This will be a perfect addition to your game day menu too
Let’s take a look shall we?
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Make sure your beef is thawed, unlike mine, lol!
Saute your veggies until slightly softened.
Add your ground beef and cook until browned. Add your beans and tomatoes.
Time for the salsa verde and Ranch dressing seasoning packet.
Add your chicken broth, cumin and chili powder.
Give a nice stir and simmer until you are ready to enjoy! Top with sour cream cheese and tortilla chips if desired.
Salsa Verde Ranch Style Beef Chili
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Two 15 ounce cans white beans, drained
- 10 ounce can Rotel MILD diced tomatoes with chili peppers
- 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa verde
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup fresh minced cilantro
- Place oil into a large dutch oven, 3-5 quart size over medium heat. When hot, add onions and zucchini, cook for 8-10 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add beef, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, salsa, ranch seasoning, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder and cilantro. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low. Simmer until ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings