I have a thing with making “recipes for one,” they are so fun when you really just feel like making yourself a darn cookie or even when you need to perk up a friends’ day. Place the cookie in a cellophane bag, wrap in a bow and your good to go!
All you need are a few staple pantry ingredients, one bowl and a saucepan to brown some butter.
Here’s the process of browning butter. Please note, you only need 2 tablespoons for this recipe! This is just a visual 🙂 2 tablespoons only take about 3 minutes to brown, it happens very quick.
Place some all-purpose flour into a wide bowl. I love to use Gold Medal Flour for all of my baking, best results for my cookies! Please note you can literally just add all ingredients to the bowl in any order. Use my photos and recipe as a guideline. Any order will do 🙂
You’ll need some pure vanilla.
Baking soda, salt and cornstarch. The cornstarch makes the cookies nice and soft.
Add your sugar right to the bowl.
Add your brown butter.
Add your beaten egg.
Mix it all together and feast your eyes on this!
Transfer dough to your baking sheet.
Press evenly and sprinkle with kosher salt. Time to bake!
Golden brown and fabulous!
If you are feeling nice, maybe share with a friend 🙂
Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 6 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl and cook butter until browned, takes 3-5 minutes. Once you see brown bits on the bottom of the saucepan, butter is browned. It will be a golden brown color. Remove from heat. Make sure to let the butter cool for 5 minutes before adding to other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugars and browned butter. Stir in the egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Stir in the chocolate chips then transfer dough to prepared baking sheet. Press evenly into a round then sprinkle with salt if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 Large Cookie
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.