Feb
2013

Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars

Tags: , ,

Cookies

Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars 3t

Girl Scout Season is here!  Yay for my taste buds but boo for my waistline because that means I am adding Girl Scout Cookies to everything including my new Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars.  Quite a mouthful for a title, but then again so are these bars.

Let me paint the picture for you.  Imagine sinking your teeth into an ultra chewy cake-y cookie like consistency-half way between a rice krispie treat and blondie.  The toasted marshmallows mixed right into the dough give the best texture and not to mention rich taste.

You’ll have to try these babies for yourself.  Let’s make some cake bars that will send your taste buds to their happy place.

Let’s take a look :)

IMG_8569

Here’s your ingredients.  Nice and simple.

Toasted Marshmallows

Start by toasting toasting your marshmallows, they’ll get puffed and fabulously golden.  Takes about 10 minutes.

Preparing cake bar batter

Grab a big mixing bowl and add your cake mix and butter.

IMG_8602

Add your egg, a little oil and of course the peanut butter!

IMG_8630

Time to add the toasted marshmallows.  Be prepared, it’s a sticky delicious mess.  Just scoop it up the best you can with a spoon.

IMG_8635

Add it right to your bowl.

cake bar batter

Give a gentle stir.

Tagalongs

Girl Scout Cookies!  I used the peanut butter patties aka Tagalongs.

Tagalongs in dough

Quarter those babies and add them right to the bowl.

IMG_8673

Oh yah!

IMG_8675

Transfer to your prepared baking sheet and press evenly.

prebaked and baked

Bake and get ready to nom nom nom :)

Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars 1

Perfect little chewy squares.

Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars 2

Careful these babies go fast.

Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars 4

Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars

Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars 3t Ingredients

• 6 Jumbo marshmallows
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used mini)
  • 10 Girl Scout Tagalongs, quartered (peanut butter patties)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. then back to 350 for bars and line 2 large baking sheets with a silpat liner or parchment paper. I used the half sheet size.
  2. Place marshmallows into the center of your baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until nice and golden on the tops and puffed. Remove and reduce oven’s temperature to 350.
  3. Place cake mix, butter, oil, egg, chocolate chips and quartered Tagalongs into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in toasted marshmallows, only stir to combine gently, you don’t want to mix too much. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and press evenly, don’t spread to edges, just within the border is fine. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cook for 30 minutes before slicing into squares. Serve and Enjoy!

Makes 12-16 Servings

Comments

These cake bars are amazing! I can’t believe how delicious this is.

Would have never guessed you baked them ‘free form’ just on a Silpat without really pressing them into a pan per se. They look amazing. PB, marshmallows, cake mix, Tagalongs…love them all!

I knew you’d do it — combined my favorite girl scout cookies with cookie bars! Oh my goodness, I can’t wait to try these! They look great.

What a recipe! And that picture of the mound of dough…oh my, can I just eat that? ;-)

Fanny says:

Looks delicious !

I’d be happy with just toasted marshmallows, but you really put this treat over the top! xox

Holy Yum, I would not be able to stop eating these until the last square was gone….

Yum! I need to find some GS cookies!

Amanda says:

Those toasted marshmallows are killin me!!! Love!

They look like super soft cookie bars! Oh yum!! I love the idea of cake bars!

Gourmantine says:

I’d probably finish all the toasted marshmallows before they would reach the dough bowl :)

Sherry says:

could I make this without the cookies? maybe replace it with something else? sounds divine!

Sues says:

Whoa. You just took my favorite Girl Scout Cookie to a whole new level. Amazing!!!

These look so good! I actually just made a peanut butter cookie with tagalongs to get rid of some of my stash of Girl Scout cookies. Looks like I need to buy more tagalongs!

Oh Jenny! I haven’t bought GS cookies in a few years….now I’m going to have to hunt them down! These bars look amazing!

Like really … I never thought tagalongs could get better than they already were but daaaannnngg… you did it again!!! #Mymindisblown

I could go for a couple of these right now! Love the toasted marshmallow!

Oh man! I am LOVING all these toasted marshmallow recipes you are doing. Going to have to make some of them soon!

marla says:

Oh are these fun Jenny and perfect for weekend baking projects :)

Gaby says:

holy moly jenny! i need these in my life immediately! toasted marshmallow? heck yes!

coopmir says:

Those look yummy. Do you know what cookie would be a good substitute if you don’t have the Tagalongs?

I need me some girl scout cookies!! :) These look delicious!

I loooove Girl Scout cookie time – but you’re right, my waistline is not going to love me! I have a wedding coming up and this is going to be bad news because I’m pretty sure I can eat that entire batch!!

These look absolutely delicious :-)

Oh my gosh! That’s ooey gooey deliciousness! Love girl Scout Cookies :)

Clara :D says:

Hi ! :D It’s look delicious ! i’m french so i’ve never eat peanet butter but i want to now ;) It’s all I like : Marshmallows, chocolate *_*

Kisses ! :p

Clara :D says:

All that I like* sorry

[...] Music I am listening to…Macklemore , Same Love Random Link of the Day…Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars [...]

I feel like I’m the last person on the planet to have a girl scout cookie this season. These sound amazing!

Oh my goodness!!! I NEED these!!

Maggie says:

Since I’ve already consumed the Tagalongs I bought this season, I found a perfect substitute…Walmart’s Great Value brand has a peanut butter patty cookie that is just the same as the GS tagalong….but $1.50 a package :) There’s a Thin Mint version as well….perfect for after GS cookie time is over, so we can make these yummy bars all year!

Maegan @ The BakerMama says:

I’m so glad I bought that extra box of Tagalongs because I am dying to make these! They look so addicting!

olithee says:

think i have put on weight just by watching !
    but worth it badly yumyum !

Helene says:

I should totally make this I looks insane :)

I really want to try baking with toasted marshmallow this looks amazing. Loving the new blog design :) So fun to see all the changes over the years!

I just LOVE your cookie creations! Yum! :)

[...] honor of March 1, which is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day, here are five recipes to try: Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong peanut Butter Cake Bars, Peanut Butter Brownies, Peanut Butter Pancakes, Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana [...]

ang says:

wow! these definitely look amazing! thanks for sharing – I’m off to pin it :)

testdomain says:

Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your site in internet explorer, would check this?IE still is the market leader and a huge portion of people will miss your fantastic writing due to this problem.

canlı tv says:

Hi to every single one, it’s really a fastidious for me to pay a quick visit this web site, it includes priceless Information.

Helen says:

Hi there. I’m not too crazy about peanut butter, what can I substitute for it? Replaced it with butter? Thank you so much in advance.

I’m about to make these and am just going to chop up pb cups instead of the cookies….yum! I don’t have the jumbo marshmallows so I’m going to have to guess with reg ones.

Tracy says:

HI Jenny,
    Just FYI- your written directions differ from your step by step pictures. The written steps say to add the marshmallows last, after the chocolate chips and cookies. But your pictures has it the other way around. I noticed that as making and didn’t think it would make a difference, but adding hot marshmallows to chocolate chips MELTS them. Did not turn out as nicely pictured as your:(