Feb
2013

Chicken Bacon and Ranch Stacked Enchiladas

Tags: , , , , , ,

Dinner

Chicken Bacon and Ranch Stacked Enchiladas by Picky Palate

Thrilled to share a new dinner recipe with you!  My Chicken Bacon and Ranch Stacked Enchiladas will have the whole family excited for dinner.    Instead of rolling enchiladas into a baking dish, you stack them right on top of each other layered with my enchilada sauce, cheese and avocado.

Reed 1I had so much fun creating this recipe at my Father In Law’s home in AZ last week.  We always have a great time cooking together.  I love this picture of Reed and Pax sound asleep.  Grawpa Reed has a way with all the babies.  He knows how to put them right to sleep in his magical rocking recliner, lol!  My boys started calling Reed “Grawpa” when they were little tikes, I love that they still call him that.  He’s also known as Grumpy to his other grand kids.  Lots of nicknames in our family!

Anytime Reed and I get together, you know there is cooking and baking involved.  He even has a recipe in my cookbook…..Page 104, Reed’s Beef Enchilada Bake.  You have got to try it, major winner :)

Thanks for always letting me create in your kitchen Reed, until next time!

Let’s take a look at how we make my stacked enchiladas shall we?

Starting the Roux

We start the recipe by making a simple roux.  Melt a stick a’ buttah then whisk in your flour.

Stirring in the broth

Once smooth, whisk in your chicken broth until thick and bubbly.

IMG_9066

Time for the cheese!  This cheese sauce is pretty ridiculous.  Try dipping a tortilla chip and tell me what you think :)

Ranch

Now….if you are anti-Ranch Dressing seasoning you can leave this out.  It brings a great flavor to the enchilada sauce so I highly recommend it.  Once you add the Ranch, add your ground cumin too.

Bacon

Bacon time!  Crumble it right into the sauce.

Chicken

Add some cooked shredded chicken breast.  About 3 cups or 2 breasts.

Green Chilies

Four ounces of diced green chilies.

Rotel

Make sure you get the mild Rotel diced tomatoes.

IMG_9113

Give a good mix and taste.  Soooo good!  You can use this sauce on a number of recipes.  Try pouring it over pasta and nachos!

Tortillas

Pan-fry the corn tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side.  They’ll still be soft.

IMG_9131

Get a nice spoonful of your sauce ready.

IMG_9136

Spread a spoonful of enchilada sauce over a tortilla.

IMG_9138

Add a sprinkle of cheese please.

IMG_9146

Top with another tortilla and repeat with sauce, cheese, avocado slices and cilantro.  Drooling over here.

Chicken Bacon and Ranch Stacked Enchiladas by Picky Palate

Yah, these are pretty incredible.  Enjoy.

Chicken Bacon and Ranch Stacked Enchiladas by Picky Palate

• 2 tablespoons Canola oil
  • 12 white corn tortillas, taco size
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 avocados, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup cilantro, for garnish

Directions

1. Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat to melt. Once melted, whisk in flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in chicken broth. Heat and stir until thick and bubbly. Once thick, stir in cheese and reduce heat to low. Add Ranch seasoning, cumin, bacon, chicken, green chilies and tomatoes, stirring to combine.
  2. Heat olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry tortillas for about 30 seconds each side and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain oil. Continue until all 12 tortillas are pan-fried. You may need to add more oil after a few batches.
  3. For each serving, place a tortilla onto a serving plate. Top with a spoonful of sauce and top with a pinch or two of cheese. Place another tortilla on top and repeat with sauce and cheese. Top with avocado slices and cilantro leaves if desired. Serve warm.

Makes 6 Servings

Comments

Fanny says:

Am I the first one to comment ? Yeah !
    Looks delicious as always !

What a great weeknight meal idea! :D Looks absolutely delicious! I bet Pax will enjoy them some day soon with the family! :D

that is so sweet! SO nice that you have freedom in his kitchen too! Thats actually awesome! These enchiladas look fantastic – I think I may have to change my dinner plans!!!!

We love enchiladas for dinner!

Noel Chapman says:

Enchiladas are a favorite meal at our house. Love how simple the recipe is. Perfect for busy weeknights!

These look great! Mexican food is a favorite in our house, so I’ll add this to my list of new dinners to try!

Love enchiladas, and LOVE this new idea (for me) of making them!

These sound so good! I could definitely have done these for breakfast this morning! :)

Aggie says:

Yum Jenny!! I love enchiladas for dinner, stacked even better! :)

Brianna says:

Yum! These have my name all over them. My husband claims “he doesn’t like enchiladas.” …and of course, I can’t get enough of them. These are perfect for getting my Mexican food fill…and disguised enough…he’ll never know.;)

Helene says:

What a beautiful picture of grandma and grandson!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I can’t wait to make it.

I love Mexican food and am always looking for new Mexican recipes to try. These look so easy and delicious! I love the addition of Ranch dressing mix and bacon. Sounds amazing!

These look so good! A bit crispier than the baked kind too, which is great.

three feathers says:

mild rotel? ha, you jest! ;0) my guys are enchilada, spicy hot fiends, so, will definitely give this stacked enchilada a go this weekend. sounds like a great weekend meal when we’re not going in different directions. thanks!

naomi says:

Plate me up, Jenny!

I love the addition of the ranch packet! Cant wait to try these babies!

Amanda says:

Love these Jenny! Can’t wait to try! :)

marla says:

These enchiladas look great Jenny! Love that picture of your little guy too :)

beth j says:

Looks yummy my father has a magic rocking chair (also in AZ) where he rocks my grandson to sleep.

yum! this looks like a mexican heaven! i love great mexican food and this dish looks like a winner!!

My hubby LOVES enchiladas. I will have to make these for him! He’ll love you for this recipe! :)

Chelsea says:

This sounds so delicious with a chip, on a tortilla, with a spoon. . . It sounds like a great combination of the bestest yummiest foods. Can’t wait to try it.

We love enchiladas and this is so much easier than the traditional way! Perfect for busy weeknights!

Chris Bennett says:

Jenny…..these sound awesome, might even try them tonight !!!! Growing up my Mom made stacked cheese/onion enchiladas using red sauce and cheese /onions…..haven’t made them in years….thanks for bringing back the memories !

Jenny, that looks fabulous! Creamy, spicy, what more could a girl ask for?

You had me at Mexican! I’m missing these flavors after our vacation. ;)

Carole says:

Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is collecting links to posts about Mexican dishes and flavours. I do hope you link this one in. This is the link . Please do pop back to check out some of the other links – there are a lot of good ones already. Have a great week.

Love mexican food and your twist on classic enchiladas! Yum!

ps: Grawpa is a cute name :)

Jessica says:

I had everything but the tortillas, but I really wanted to try this. So instead, I made the sauce and added it to a some cooked rice and then put some more cheese on top and baked. It was so good that way too! I really want to do it with the tortillas next time but the flavor was all there and my husband loved it that way too! Thanks Jenny! Delish flavors!

Jenny,

This looks absolutely fantastic! For some reason, it reminds me of biscuits and gravy with a Mexican twist. Love, love, love!

Lauren

Tammy Hoover says:

Finished product looks amazing! Looking for something exciting for dinner tonight. I believe this is it! Thanks for all the great recipes. Thin mint recipe for dessert might make the list too :)

We would love this variation of enchiladas! Thanks so much.
    Btw, I came up w a trick a few years ago for shredding chicken in your KitchenAide stand mixer that takes 15 seconds. Check out my blog post if your interested. ;)

Natalie says:

THIS IS AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing this trick. I’ve wasted so much time/energy shredding chicken by hand! I just tried this out for this recipe and it worked like a dream. I won’t have any hesitations about making recipes with shredded chicken in the future! Thanks =)

Angie says:

These look pretty amazing! I love the ranch seasoning in them too, perfect!

I’m new here… I came from Two Peas and Their Pod. I love your site, your photography, and your food looks amazeballs!! :)

Made this tonight – pretty much the best thing ever! The sauce was delicious!

[...] Chicken Bacon and Ranch Stacked Enchiladas from Picky Palate [...]

I love this recipe & I’ve featured it in my Cinco de Mayo Recipes Roundup over on my blog, Anyonita Nibbles. I’ve also joined your sites & started following you socially! You can find the roundup here: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/cinco-de-mayo-recipe-roundup.html I hope you’ll stop by & share the roundup with your followers! :) Happy Cinco de Mayo!

[…] Pizza | Mango Salsa | Chorizo Quesadillas | Chicken and Bacon Ranch Stacked Enchiladas | Easy Chicken Taco Bowls Perfect Guacamole Recipe | Walking Tacos | Mini Taco Dips | Green […]

[…] of a Recipe Collector} | Mexican Rice {Damn Delicious} | Perfect Guacamole {Simple Recipes} | Chicken Bacon and Ranch Stacked Enchiladas {Picky Palate} | Chicken Fajita Rice {Mantitlement} | Brisket Tacos {Tasting Table} | Avocado Cream […]