My Classic Homemade Meatballs are perfect for parties or in a big bowl of spaghetti. Simple to prepare and perfectly seasoned!
My Classic Homemade Meatballs are one of my favorite things….ever. When I have a little time on my hands, I love hand rolling each meatball, browning them and simmering in pasta sauce. The house smells fantastic too! You’re going to love my recipe, be sure to give it a try!
Try my Cheddar Stuffed Homemade Meatballs too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration!
How To Make Homemade Meatballs
Start by adding your seasoning to the ground beef. I prefer the grass fed lean ground beef.
Add your minced garlic.
Just a touch of heavy cream or milk. Either is fine.
A couple tablespoons of grated Parmesan.
A couple tablespoons of Panko bread crumbs.
A teaspoon of yellow mustard.
A couple tablespoons of fresh thinly sliced basil.
Gently Stir All Ingredients Without Overmixing
Give a nice stir without over mixing.
I like to use a medium cookie scoop to make even meatballs. It’s about 2 tablespoons each meatball.
Roll Into Meatballs
Roll each meatball into tight rounds.
Brown All Sides of Meatballs
Brown in hot olive oil browning both sides until cooked through.
When done, transfer meatballs to a plate, wipe most of oil out of pan and add pasta sauce. My 10 Minute Homemade Pasta Sauce works great.
Add Meatballs To Pasta Sauce
Place meatballs back into simmering sauce until ready to serve.
Before serving I sprinkle with grated Parmesan and fresh basil. These are great eaten as an appetizer or with spaghetti…or even for meatball hoagies.
I highly suggest making a double batch, these babies go fast! You can freeze them for another dinner as well. They freeze great.
Tips For my Classic Homemade Meatballs
- Don’t over mix meat mixture. Over mixing makes “tough” meatballs. Stir until just combined.
- Make sure pan is nice and hot before adding raw meatballs. A hot pan will ensure you get nice browned edges.
- Let meatballs simmer in pasta sauce for a few hours for an even more tasty result.
- Add meatballs to any of your favorite variety of cooked pasta.
- Make a double batch of the recipe. Freeze second batch in an airtight container to use for another dinner.
- These meatballs make excellent Meatball Hogies for another dinner idea.
Classic Homemade Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh sliced basil leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 large egg
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh sliced basil leaves to garnish
- Place ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic salt, minced garlic, cream, Parmesan, Panko, mustard, basil and egg into a large mixing bowl. Gently stir to combine all ingredients. Don't over mix.
- Roll the beef mixture into even size meatballs. I use a medium cookie scoop to form same-size meatballs.
- Heat large skillet with oil over medium heat. When hot, cook meatballs until browned on both sides and cooked through. When done, transfer to a plate.
- Wipe any remaining oil out of pan then add pasta sauce, warming over medium low heat. Place meatballs into sauce and let simmer until ready to serve.
- Before serving, garnish with additional Parmesan and fresh basil leaves. Serve as an appetizer or with spaghetti.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
check unishivaji result through given link
chack calcutta university result
Meatballs are a must have for my boys…this recipe looks great!
Such a convenient way to prepare meatballs!
I LOVE meatballs and these looks awesome!
Meatballs are a classic for a reason! Yum!
Meatballs are such a good idea for almost any occasion and so versatile! Your r cup looks amazing!