Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Sep
2013

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

My Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies are the perfect indulgence and are great to share with friends. Swirls of peanut butter and chunks of Butterfinger throughout!

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies by Picky Palate

Peanut butter and Butterfinger are two of my very favorite ingredients inside my homemade brownies.  These make me a very happy girl :)  These are so great packaged in a little bakery box tied with twine to give as gifts.  They are thick, fudgy and irresistible.

Grab your favorite mixing bowl and you’ll have these babies in the oven within 15 minutes.  Enjoy friends!

IMG_2568

Let’s start by mixing the softened butter and sugar.

Oil-and-vanilla-700x348

A touch of oil and vanilla.

eggs-700x348

Two eggs up next.

IMG_2614

Dry ingredients please :)

IMG_2637

Some lovely cocoa powder.

IMG_2653

Mini chocolate chips.  LOVE these :)

IMG_2662

Perfect.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-17

Time to break out the Butterfinger.

Crushing Butterfinger

I use my wooden rolling pin to pound the bars until crushed then pour them right into the bowl.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-19

Now this is a beautiful sight, lol!

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-20

Give a nice stir and please take a little sample.

Transferring Batter

Transfer your batter to a 8×11 inch baking dish.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-24

Spread batter evenly.

Peanut Butter

Melt peanut butter in the microwave until it’s thin like so.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-27

Drizzle over the top of your brownie batter.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-28

LOVE!

Swirling Peanut Butter

Take a knife and run it through the batter to swirl peanut butter throughout.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-31

Swirled, now we’re ready for the oven.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-32

Baked.  The hardest part of the entire recipe is letting the brownies cool.  I’m impatient :)

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-33

Brownie heaven.

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-40t

Fudgy and delish!  Enjoy :)

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies-36t

• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 5 Butterfinger Candy Bars, crushed
  • 1/2 cup melted peanut butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line a 8×11 inch baking dish with parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
  2. Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until partially melted. Add sugar and oil, mix until well combined. Stir in eggs and vanilla stirring until combined then add flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, chocolate chips and crushed Butterfinger. Stir until combined and thick.
  3. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Drizzle melted peanut butter over batter and take knife to swirl peanut butter throughout. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool completely, about an hour. Lift parchment and brownies out of pan and cut into squares to serve.

Makes 12 brownies

This post contains affiliate links

Comments

I LOVE Butterfinger! These are going on my must make list!

These look unreal!! Yum, can’t wait to try it….

Tieghan says:

I always forget about butterfingers! Not sure why since they are totally awesome. I have to give these a try, they look awesome!

Peanut butter and brownies go together wonderfully. Adding Butterfingers just takes it up a notch. They look amazing!

SO in love with these!! Peanut butter and Butterfinger are the BEST combo!!

Marian says:

Oh WOW! This need to happen over here! xo

can you bring these on the plane? :)

Oh my goodness — I literally want these for breakfast! LOVE Butterfinger, and these look amazing!

I have a sick obsession with all things butterfingers so this in combination with brownies – a real winner!

Wow! These look fabulous, Jenny!!

Looks like the perfect brownies, Jenny!

DEFINITELY love this brownie recipe! Butterfinger bars are incredible.

Annemarie says:

I hate to ask a dumb question but what size Butterfinger bars did you use? I’m in Canada and will have to find the metric equivalent.
    Thanks!

Pat Cody says:

It looks like the ones used are 2.1 oz each. If you look at the pictures you can see the weight of the bars just barely. Hope that helps.

I am craving brownies in a bad way right now. YUM!

These brownies look yummy, especially those Butterfingers added in, nom nom nom!

frenchpapilles says:

How can you back such delicous brownies and still be on your diet challenge ?? You’re a hero ;o)

I am going to need a plate of these to get me through Monday!!

um, sinful!!! but I do just loooove butterfinger….

naomi says:

Decadence at its finest, Jenny!

This just look perfect for what I.m looking for. Please, in france, we don’t find butterfingers. Can you tell me what kind of small cakes I could use instead ? Thank you.

Thesha says:

Oh my gosh! Heaven! My favorite treat plus my favorite candy bar…can’t go wrong with that! Thank you!

Jennifer says:

I was going to make these to bring to work tomorrow, til I saw that it only makes 12. Bummer.

Oh my gosh!! Get in my belly!!!

sara says:

YUM. I have been sort of obsessed with butterfingers lately, so these brownies look perfect to me. :)

Gaby says:

can;t say no to any kinda brownie!!!

Mary says:

You are torturing me with these. 2 of my favorite things, I can’t wait to give this recipe a try!

marla says:

Mmmmmm! These look like the most amazing brownies!!

Crystal says:

Super delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Maegan @ The BakerMama says:

The perfect combo! I will be eating the entire pan myself when I make these! Yummmy Yum Yum!

Petra says:

Mhmmm this looks incredible delicious. I love butterfingers. Would love to try this recipe but we don’t have butterfingers in my country :( maybe I can order it online.
    Thanks anyway for sharing this recipe.
    xo, Petra

Kaye says:

I tried this last weekend and it was a hit so I am going to make this again. I also shared your recipe with my officemate. I have tried some other recipes you have featured here, so thank you so much for concocting the yummiest recipes ever. :)

You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate! These would be so great to send him with guests after a dinner party.

[…] Peanut Butter Butterfinger Brownies […]