Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Chit Chat Nineteenth Edition

Chit Chat |

Happy Friday to you!  Another Chit Chat edition today.

Has life slowed down a little since Christmas?  It definitely has for me.  I am finally feeling at home in our new AZ location.  I think with the move being right around Thanksgiving and Christmas I was so busy that I couldn’t enjoy being in our new home completely.  That sounds ungrateful, but now that we are half way into January, I am LOVING being here in AZ.  I snapped this photo above of Pax running to Brady when he was walking home from the bus.  I love to see how much they love each other.  Melts my heart!

We took a weekend hike close to the Superstition Mountains with the kids, grandparents and cousins.  The weather could not be more beautiful right now.  I’ll be singing a different tune come summer, lol!

Have you heard the news on Instagram yet?!  Waffle Love has a food truck in AZ!  Yippee!  I went to their “blogger night” and was blown away by their waffles.  Follow them on Instragram to find out their weekly locations.  They also have locations in Utah.

Can you believe this cheeseburger?!  It’s from Liberty Market in Gilbert, one of our favorite places to visit.  Stay tuned for our full review coming soon.

I am finally back on Pinterest.  I took a break around the Holidays.  I fell in love with this great print.  I am totally into positive quotes all over my house right now.  I found the print online and it was $50 which seemed really expensive.  Instead I created a similar print on PicMonkey and had it printed at Walmart for $2.50.  Can’t wait to go pick it up and frame it :)

I decorated a little shelf for Valentine’s Day.  I am going to try to do one for each Holiday this year.  Most of this is from Target.  The Bird and Love letters are from Kneaders.  They have the cutest little home section.  Shopping and lunch, can’t beat that, lol!

Drooling over Marla of Family Fresh Cooking’s Blueberry Coconut Steel Cut Oatmeal.  Love her gorgeous photos too.

Also loving Heather Christo’s Frisee Pear Salad!!  This photo!!

I am dying to make a roasted Chicken thanks to Donna Hay’s gorgeous recipe.

Are you kidding me with this Cheesy Ham Bread?!  Let me just plant my face it in.  Thank you “The Noshery.”

I’ll leave you with Pax and his funny little one piece suit.  Love this kid!

I was born in Tucson and I miss the climate this time of year! Your little man is so dang cute!

Adorable kids! I love that one piece suit.

How fun! That burger looks good!

So glad you’re adjusting well to AZ. It can definitely get so stressful to move during major holidays. I LOVE your shelf!! I’ve been finding positive/motivational prints and putting them up in my office. Need positive energy!!! :) have a great weekend! I love how close your boys are. Must make you a proud mama! <3

Traci says:

I love that Valentine’s shelf. So cute. But not as cute as Pax in his one piece suit.

Liz says:

Love your pictures and that Pax is so precious. Happy Friday and have a great weekend.

Suzann says:

Donna Hay books and magazines are wonderful. I prefer the Australian version of
    her magazine to the US market version. Her books can be picked up at very reasonable prices on ebay.

So glad you are feeling at home! I need to check out the waffle truck. They have one in SLC!

beth j says:

I must have missed your move?! Holiday madness I’m sure. I live in Mesa the hardest part for me is not being able to drive to the ocean for an hour or two. However AZ definitely has it’s own beauty.
    Hope you survive the summer… 😉

I LOVE this week!!! the waffles, THAT BURGER!? those gorgeous children :) Thank you for the salad love and for sharing that suit picture- it made my morning Jenny.

I’m heading to AZ for a couple of months this week and can’t wait to be wearing t-shirts! Looks so beautiful right now.

marla says:

OMG ~ the one piece suit ~ AWESOME! That hike looks like tons of fun too. Glad you discovered my Blueberry Oatmeal & thanks for sharing it :) XO

Madison says:

Love your chit chats! I will be coming to Arizona for a work trip and I cannot wait!

Gaby says:

Now I’m craving waffles! Glad that you are settling in and that photo of Pax is just too adorable!!

188bet says:

I have recently started a website, the info you offer on this web site has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all of your time & work.

w88 says:

I am in fact grateful to the owner of this web site who has shared this enormous article at at this time.