This One Pot Mexican Style Chicken Noodle Soup is the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family. It’s packed with lots of hearty veggies, but my kids still go crazy for it! It’s our family’s favorite soup!
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Nothing like a homemade chicken noodle soup! I really do love developing new simple weeknight dinner recipes. It’s so easy to get in a rut making the same dinners week after week. I hope that I can bring some new ideas into your kitchen.
I had this big pot of soup waiting for the boys after school this week and they devoured it…so did their friends 🙂 You won’t have a sink full of dishes either, just the one pot. Yippee! Hope you enjoy friends, be sure to let me know how you liked it!
How To Make Mexican Style Chicken Noodle Soup
Lots of lovely vegetables ready to be sautéed. Onion, celery, carrots and an Anaheim chili. No worries, it’s very mild.
All of the veggies into the pot.
Pour in your chicken broth and cooked shredded chicken.
Add your cooked noodles and seasonings.
Add your salsa verde salsa, lime and cilantro. Let simmer and dinner is ready!
One Pot Mexican Style Chicken Noodle Soup
- Dutch Oven
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 50 ounces chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 cups cooked thin noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup salsa verde mild
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook and stir for about 10 minutes, until slightly softened. Stir in chicken broth, chicken, noodles, salt, pepper, garlic salt, cumin, salsa verde, lime juice and cilantro. Simmer on low for 15 minutes then serve.