Jan
2014

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef | Tacos

Tags: ,

Dinner

Break out your slow cooker and get ready to enjoy my Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef for tacos!

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Beef Tacos

Happy MLK Day!  I completely forgot that the kids were out of school until late last night!  Glad I didn’t take them to school :)

I am on a slow cooker roll lately.  I am breaking it out almost every weekend and loving it.  My Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef for Tacos has a whole 3 ingredients and seriously has the BEST flavor.  Everyone who has had these can’t wait to get the recipe.

Use your favorite taco toppings, salsa, tortillas and have yourself a great taco night….with minimal prep work, yippee!

Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Beef Tacos-1

Told you it was easy.  You’ll need a nice chuck roast, a packet of Ranch Seasoning and a jar of Herdez Salsa Verde.  That is it, not another ingredient needed!

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Beef Tacos-2

Once your Beef is in the slow cooker, sprinkle this nice packet of Ranch Seasoning on top.

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Beef Tacos-3

Pour the entire jar of Herdez Salsa Verde on top as well.

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Beef Tacos-4

I know, the difficulty is too much :)

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Beef Tacos-5

Close the lid, let er’ cook for 5-6 hours, shred then place back into the slow cooker until you are ready for some tacos!  Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Beef Tacos 2

In a Slow Cooker mood?  Try my other recipes here.

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef | Tacos

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Beef TacosPrep time: 5 min | Cook time: 6 hours | Total time: 6 hours 5 min

Ingredients

• 2-3 pound chuck roast
  • 1.0 ounce Ranch Dressing Seasoning Packet
  • 16 ounce jar Herdez Salsa Verde Salsa

Directions

1. Place chuck roast into a large slow cooker on medium or high heat. Sprinkle Ranch Seasoning Packet over top then pour Salsa over top as well.
  2. Close slow cooker lid and let cook on medium or high for 5-6 hours, until beef is very tender and pulls apart easily with a fork.
  3. Remove beef from slow cooker and drain liquid, do not discard. Shred beef, removing fat then place back into slow cooker. Pour 1/2-1 cup of liquid back into shredded beef and reduce setting to warm or low. Use beef for tacos and burritos.

Makes 8 Servings

Comments

These look better than anything I’ve seen in Australia since I moved here. I must make these at once!

Tina Muir says:

Yummy! Love this! Have never made beef tacos, but being that simple I may have to try! Thanks for the recipe :)

Perfect weeknight dinner! Looks delicious :)

Haha! That’s like me with the end of winter break. At least we got snowed in so school was canceled :) Seriously need some of this asap! Looks great :)

I love Herdez salsa!!! It’s the only salsa my mom bought growing up and now I’m hooked. Wish I could have a taco with you!

Great slow cooker meal!

Cannot WAIT to try this — easy meals like these are at the top of my list!!

Can not WAIT to try these!! Slow cooker meals are at the TOP of my list right now!!

I love the simplicity of this!!

My family would love these. Great weeknight meal!

I am making these TONIGHT!!!

Brilliant! Only three ingredients! I love when I use my slow cooker – it makes my day so much more relaxing :)

These look so great!! I love that they are so easy to make!!

Trish says:

Can this be cooked on low for longer? I am gone for nine hours after I leave for work in the morning.

Jamie says:

Just added this to this weeks menu… I make similar with Pork tacos, but never thought to use beef! Silly Me. Thanx!

marla says:

LOVE this healthy family meal Jenny! East too :)

Oh, Jenny, this sounds so good! Yum yum! :)

Great weeknight meal after driving the kids around to all their activities! Yummy tacos!

Suzann says:

Could you supply another seasoning packet alternative–since I abhore/detest anything ranch dressing–for me it qualifies for do not put in mouth.

Suzann, you can leave the seasoning packet out completely. Just season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper then add the salsa verde.

Cynthia says:

Can you substitute ground beef or chicken? Hubby is not a fan of taco’s with roast!

Missy says:

How spicy is it? I’m wondering if it would be too spicy for my 7 and 8 year olds.

Jamie says:

I can tell you that I do not like anything remotely spicy. and I have not made this specific recipe, but a very similar one (I used pork) with the salsa verde and it is not spicy.

Hi Missy, this one is not spicy at all. My husband and kids like things very mild and they were fine with this recipe :)

[…] Enjoy! Read the rest of Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef | Tacos […]

Greg Urbano says:

Delicious and fantastic looking recipe!

Gaby says:

This looks amazing! Slow cookers are the way to go!

Oh my gosh Jenny! This is so easy and looks delish. I am a little intimidated by some SWern/Mexican dishes and you totally simplified it. Can’t wait to try it. We are having a birthday party this weekend. I was going to make wings, but this looks soooo easy and would be a crowd pleaser.

Cheryl says:

Have you ever tried this recipe using a pork butt roast?

Christy says:

Jenny,

Let me just tell you how wonderful this dish was!!!! I made this for my family last night and it was delicious! We even had leftovers and I had it again today for lunch. Everyone enjoyed it so much that no one was talking during dinner, they were to busy trying to get the next bite of food in their mouth!!! Thanks for the recipe…..its’s definitely a keeper :)

Christy

valerie says:

This was fantastic! I was worried that it wouldn’t be seasoned (or salty enough) but it was excellent. Will make it many more times!!

Kristen Bright says:

I just love your blog!! All of your recipes have been very doable and delicious. Thank you! (I have your cookbook, too) :)

gaelowyn says:

So.. what crock pot do you have? do you love it? is it generally reliable enough to leave alone for 6-8hrs? I have two 6qt ovals, one I’ve got down to a science for the most part, the other one I hate. I’m getting rid of it. But I like having two big ones for family events(which occur regularly enough). I’d love to have a crock pot that I can truly set and forget- like an ancient one I used to have. All the newer ones seem to get so hot! I’ve filled up to the brim in the one i’m getting rid of and still had burned food! Burned chicken soup!
    TIA for any info!

These slow cooker tacos sound really good!

Roberta says:

The best recipe ever! My family LOVED it, served over brown rice,,,yum!

Jen says:

I made these with a bear roast! They were the best
    Tacos ever! So easy and since we hunt and had
    The meat on hand it cost less then 5$ to feed a
    Family of 4 and I have to say we all had more then
    Three each. lol so good thanks for the recipe it is
    One we will be keeping.

Debbie says:

Do you taste the ranch dressing mix in this? I have a taco soup recope that calls for the ranch mix and i don;t taste it at all in that

Natalie says:

This was so good. Only problem I had was the roast didn’t fall apart. I had to cut it up with an electric knife. Any suggestions?

[…] Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Ranch Beef Tacos  […]

Cassie Sue says:

Yummy looking recipe, never tried ranch seasoning in it before. I have a tip to make them even better, brown the meat first. Get a really good sear on it and it just adds that much more flavor. I’ve also tossed a few jalapenos in to kick up the heat, but that’s more of a personal preference. And this meat is usually pretty delicious on nachos as well. :)

Jenny Lee says:

I made these last night and they were delicious!! My only problem I had was it was a bit spicy for my son. Does the Salsa Verde come in different heat levels?

Sandy says:

These are now our new favorite tacos! It is so simple, yet sooooo delicious!

Tiffany says:

This is delicious! Is now a common meal in our household. Thanks for the recipe!

Lulu says:

This was absolutely delicious, we made our own salsa verde and used a different salad dressings sauce (whatever we had in the house) with a bottom blade roast, and it turned out great! So easy. Word of advice for people using the crockpot/slow cooker for the first time- when it says 4-6 hours, it literally takes that long! We definitely learned the hard way ;)

brittany says:

i made this yesterday and it was absolutely amazing. my picky kids each ate 2 and my husband said its a new favorite. i added water because i had a frozen roast and cooked it all day on high in my crockpot. so good!

[…] 18. Salsa Verde Beef Tacos  […]

[…] was inspired by Chipotle’s Burrito Bowls (tortilla-less burritos) and this slow cooker recipe to create Salsa Verde Shredded Beef Burrito Bowls. Instead of using a slow cooker, I used my dutch […]

Dawn says:

I have this in the crockpot as we speak. I didn’t have roast, so I used stew meat. I didn’t have tortillas, so I am using pasta. So wish me luck. It sounds wonderful.

[…] Ranch Crock Pot Chicken Thighs Creamy Crock Pot Spaghetti Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef Tacos Hearty Roasted Vegetable Beef Stew Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada […]