My Salsa Verde Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is quick to prepare, healthy and zesty delicious!
I had my mom over for lunch last week and I was a little under the weather. Decided it was the perfect afternoon to make a quick and easy soup to warm my soul, haha
Not kidding, this soup was done in 10 minutes. In all fairness, I had leftover chicken breast from the night before and found a bag of already cooked wild rice from Target! You’ve got to check it out next time you are there. Total time saver for soups! Scroll down to see pics.
Warm, zesty and stick to your ribs delicious soup coming your way. Enjoy!
Start by adding cooked chopped chicken into a medium dutch oven or pot.
Add your vegetable or chicken broth.
Here’s the gold mine I found at Target! Precooked package of wild rice. I will soooo have this handy for quick fix soups. Thank you Target
Add the wild rice to the pot and give a nice stir.
Add 12 ounces of your favorite salsa verde. This one is from Trader Joe’s.
Oh cilantro. I love you. Finely chop and add a nice handful to your pot. Add your seasonings as well and let simmer.
Serve with crushed tortilla chips and garnish with avocado slices.
#cantgetenoughofthissoup Enjoy friends!
Salsa Verde Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 15 min
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken breast
- 2 cups cooked wild rice, I found precooked wild rice at Target
- 32 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 12 ounces salsa verde, mild
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag tortilla chips, optional
- 1 avocado sliced or chopped for garnish if desired
- Heat medium dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped chicken, wild rice, broth, salsa verde, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper to the pot. Stir and cook for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.
- To serve, place crushed tortilla chips into bottom of bowls, top with hot soup then top with avocado slices. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 Servings