Sharing my Greek Yogurt Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins today, perfect for an afternoon snack!
It’s so nice to have fresh muffins on the counter. I whipped up a batch of blueberry muffins using Greek Yogurt and whole wheat flour. They’re hearty, not overly sweet and perfect for an afternoon snack with the kids.
Here’s the ingredients I used for these muffins. You’ll need some plain Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, white whole wheat flour, I love the King Arthur brand. Other than these things, just some basic pantry ingredients.
Mix together your dry ingredients to get started.
Add your canola oil.
Greek yogurt, large egg and milk up next. Give a nice stir.
Add your fresh blueberries.
Give a nice stir. Batter will be thick.
Spoon batter into lined muffin cups, about 3/4 full and bake for 16-18 minutes until slightly golden.
Let cool for a few minutes and remove from muffin tin.
Love these hearty muffins. The whole wheat flour makes them a bit more dense than regular flour and they’re not overly sweet. We love them. The perfect after school snack if you ask me 🙂
I’ve made batches with the paper liners and without like these. Just spray your muffin tin generously with cooking spray and they slide right out when they’ve cooled.
Greek Yogurt Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 18 min | Total time: 30 min
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 12 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray a muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl, stir to combine. Slowly stir in oil, yogurt, milk, egg and blueberries, stirring gently. Scoop into lined muffin tins.
- Bake 380 degrees F. for 16-18 minutes until baked through. Remove and let cool. Serve room temperature.
Makes 12-16 Servings
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.