Sharing my favorite chicken salad sandwich today! You have to try this Bacon Gorgonzola Chicken Salad. It’s loaded with chicken, bacon pieces and gorgonzola cheese throughout. Yum!
Chicken Salad Sandwich
I could eat chicken salad all week! Sharing one of my favorites today! Chicken Salad is such a great recipe to serve at parties. You can serve it with some great crackers or inside a fabulous soft roll and everyone seems to be happy! I love that you just toss all of your ingredients in one bowl, stir and you are ready enjoy. Perfect for game day munching or lunches during the week. Enjoy!
How to Make This Creamy Chicken Salad
Let’s start with some cooked shredded chicken breast. You can either use a rotisserie chicken and shred it or bake your own and shred it. I like to place 2 chicken breasts into a baking pan with 1/4 cup chicken broth, cover lightly with foil and bake for 50-60 minutes until cooked through. Let rest for 15 minutes before shredding.
Finely chop 2 small stalks of celery. You’ll add bacon slices, Gorgonzola, mayonnaise and blue cheese dressing. Click HERE to see a 6 second video from Vine of the salad getting put together 🙂
1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves.
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
Ahhh, stir all together and get ready to enjoy!
Can’t you practically taste the bacon pieces inside?!
Bacon Gorgonzola Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 8 strips cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 3/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and season with additional seasonings if needed. Serve with firm crackers or inside a soft roll.