Sharing a favorite chicken broccoli casserole today! This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole makes the perfect quick-fix weeknight dinner! It’s packed with creamy rice, chicken and broccoli!
Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole
Dinner just got more delicious with this Chicken Broccoli Casserole! Simple dinner recipes are some of my favorite recipes to develop. I know how hard it can be to get dinner on the table during busy weeknights. You’ll love the simplicity of this one. I have to say I don’t use canned soup in my cooking very often, but it’s so great in this quick fix dinner recipe! Enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s made with just a few easy to find ingredients!
- Quick fix dinner recipe.
- Feeds a crowd!
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this simple casserole recipe at home. See the recipe card located at the bottom of the post for full details and instructions.
- Rice– I use basmati rice is most of my recipes. Cook it in advance.
- Cooked Chicken– Rotisserie is a great option for quick fix dinners. I get one at the beginning of the week to use for dinners.
- Steamed Broccoli– Careful to not overcook the broccoli, it will cook a little more when baked.
- Cheddar Cheese Soup– Find cheddar cheese soup in the soup isle of the grocery store.
- Cream of Chicken Soup– Find cream of chicken soup in the soup isle of the grocery store.
- Sour Cream– I use a full fat sour cream for the recipe.
- Milk– 2% milk works great for the recipe.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese– I generally get a mild shredded cheese.
- Garlic Salt– Look for Lawry’s brand garlic salt. It’s a good one.
- Kosher Salt– Kosher salt is a course salt commonly used in cooking and baking. I prefer it over table salt.
- Black Pepper– For best tasting results use freshly ground black pepper.
How To Make Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Preheat Oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cooked rice into a large 5 quart pot or baking dish of your choice.
Prepare Soup Mixture. Place soup, sour cream and milk into a medium mixing bowl, whisk to combine. Pour over rice.
Add Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese. Add chicken, broccoli, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and top with cheese.
Bake. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until hot and melted.
Tips For Making Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole
- You can also use a 9×13-inch baking dish if you’d like.
- Use a rotisserie chicken and lightly steamed broccoli for speedy prep time. I like to keep these in my refrigerator to have on hand for quick dinner ideas.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How To Serve Rice Casserole
I love to serve this meal with a nice chopped salad. Check your grocery store’s produce section. I’ve found some really good pre-bagged chopped salads available. Comes with all of the toppings and even dressing.
How To Store Leftovers
Refrigerate. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Reheating Instructions. Reheat rice casserole in a heat proof bowl, loosely covered in the microwave for 60-90 seconds until hot.
Freezing Instructions. Freeze leftover casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating with instructions above.
Try More Rice Recipes
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- 8 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups steamed broccoli
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt Lawry’s
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cooked rice into a large 5 quart pot or baking dish of your choice.
- Place soup, sour cream and milk into a medium mixing bowl, whisk to combine. Pour over rice and add chicken, broccoli, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Top with cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until hot and melted.