I am taking a cookie break today 🙂 I created this cookie for a guest post on Layla Grace. Have you been to their website? I could spend a fortune there, cute stuff including this awesome cake stand that I use daily!
My cookie today is the Butterscotch Oatmeal M&M Cookie. I LOVE a good oatmeal cookie and this one hit the spot. Hope you enjoy 🙂
The stars of the show in this cookie 🙂
Don’t forget the oats 🙂
I like to top the cookies with M&M’s rather than mix them in the dough. Less breakage this way 🙂
Super adorable Jessie Steele oven mitt from the Layla Grace site.
My cute hubby came home for lunch and….
…took this photo for me wearing a Jessie Steele Apron from the Layla Grace site 🙂
Butterscotch Oatmeal M&M Cookies
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons butterscotch ice cream topping
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal I used Coach’s Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In stand mixer beat butter and sugars until well combined.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and butterscotch topping until well combined.
- In large bowl mix the flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Scoop about 1/4 Cup dough into muffin top pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Flatten with palm of your hand then top with 5-7 M&M’s per cookie.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cooked through and golden around edges.
- Remove from oven and loosen edges of cookies while warm so they will be easy to remove. Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Happy Baking, see you soon!