These Chocolate Candy Cane Crunch Cookies make the perfect holiday cookies for your family and friends! It’s the best mint chocolate cookies recipe you’ll find!
There’s just something a chocolate cookies recipe that is so perfect for Christmas….and add candy cane pieces? They just go together like magic.
I won’t apologize for all of the peppermint recipes you’ll see this month, it’s just too good of a combo to pass up! Sit back, bake some amazing cookies and enjoy!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
How To Make The Best Mint Chocolate Cookies
Start by creaming your butter and sugars.
Peppermint, eggs and vanilla up next!
What Kind of Chocolate Should I Use?
Use Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder. Works great! The dark chocolate variety works great too.
Candy cane pieces…my favorite part! You can find them at World Market for $2.99.
Dip each cookie dough ball in more candy cane pieces and bake!
A little white chocolate drizzle please! Place your melted white chocolate into a ziploc baggie, snip the end and use it like a pen. Works great. I used the white Ghirardelli melts. They work great.
Someone at my husband’s work said these were “life changing” I’ll agree with him 🙂
Be sure to try these chilled too!
Chocolate Candy Cane Crunch Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder I used Hershey's 100% Dark Chocolate, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Add peppermint extract, eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mixing to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and candy cane pieces.
- With medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Drizzle white chocolate over each cookie if desired.