Hope everyone enjoyed a nice weekend. Sunday night is upon us again, I’m still trying to get unpacked from our fun filled weekend in SnowflakeAZ.For those of you who are not from AZ, Snowflake is a very small town that has a big celebration for Pioneer Day Weekend, which happened to be this weekend.
My husband’s family makes a tradition to have a family reunion every other year on this weekend. Small towns are very interesting, they are fun for a weekend and then I find that it makes me so grateful to live in the city! Nothing against small towners, but it’s just not for me. I am so spoiled and grateful to have just about every store I need within a few miles from my house. I will say that we did have lots of fun, I posted a few pics of the highlights from our trip in the post below.
Ok, onto the bread pudding!This is a killer recipe.It’s another recipe that I worked on for that little project I was talking about earlier, that I will post about early this week.It is easy, and ridiculously tasty.The cinnamon swirl loaf, that I picked up from Walmart, makes for a perfect bread pudding, gooey and sweet.Baking it in muffin tins makes nice little individual servings, perfect for picking up with your fingers!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Swirl Bread Pudding with A Sweet Maple Drizzle
- 1 lb loaf Cinnamon Swirl Bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place bread cubes and chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl. In a medium bowl whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Pour over bread cubes. Stir to combine.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and spoon bread pudding mixture evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the pudding. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and syrup until well combined. Drizzle over bread pudding and serve warm. Enjoy!
Have a great week! Coming up soon are some Bumbleberry Muffins that are sweet, soft and even pretty healthy, shocking I know! See you all soon!