My Gooey Chocolate Peppermint Bread Pudding might be the most sinfully delicious dessert I’ve ever had! Perfect for holiday entertaining.
I am practically bouncing out of my computer chair because I am so excited to share this recipe with you today. It’s always a pleasure partnering with Land O Lakes to bring you new drool worthy recipes!
Not even kidding this dessert has got all of my favorite components….chocolate, bread and icing. Haha. It turns into this crazy ultra gooey chocolate bread pudding that will have you savoring each and every bite.
Can’t wait for you to try it 🙂 Enjoy!
Oh, be sure to mark your calendars for December 4th! You can tweet with Ree, The Pioneer Woman, Becky from the Land O’Lakes Test Kitchen, myself and my butter blogging friends! Join us for a Live Twitter Party Thursday, December 4 from 8-9 pm EST. We’ll be talking about our favorite holiday recipes, tips for making it through the busy holiday season, and COOKIES!
To join in on the fun, use the hashtag #CookieChatter. Participants also have a chance to win a holiday baking prize pack from Land O’Lakes, which includes a signed copy of Ree ’s cookbook, “A Year of Holidays” and a year’s supply of Land O Lakes® Butter.
Land O Lakes salted butter sticks to get started!
Pour your melted butter and cream into a very large mixing bowl.
Time for the eggs and sugar.
Cocoa powder up next.
Place your sweet Hawaaian bread cubes into your baking dish.
Pour that gorgeous chocolate mixture over your bread cubes.
The bread soaks up all of that goodness 🙂
A little sweet drizzle over the warm pudding.
Some chocolate chunks for good measure.
Can’t stop drooling. Warm and oh so chocolatey.
Gooey Chocolate Peppermint Bread Pudding
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 40 min | Total time: 50 min
- 1 stick Land O Lakes butter, salted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil or 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8 cups cubed sweet Hawaiian bread
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the melted butter, cream, eggs, sugar, cocoa and peppermint until well combined. Place bread cubes into prepared baking dish then pour chocolate mixture over top. With spoon, press bread to soak up the liquid. Bake for 40 minutes, until set in the middle. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- While the bread pudding is cooling prepare the icing by whisking the powdered sugar and cream until creamy and drizzle consistency. Add more cream if needed to thin out. Drizzle over warm bread pudding and top with chocolate chunks if desired. Serve warm.
Makes 12 Servings
This post is in partnership with Land O Lakes however thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.