My Churro Toasted Sweet Dessert Tacos are the perfect light dessert for your family and friends with a crispy cinnamon sugar shell! You have to try them.
Easy Dessert Tacos Recipe
Have you had sweet tacos before?! I am so excited to share these cinnamon sugary sweet fruit tacos with you today! These dessert tacos are great for summer and light dessert or even brunch. The cinnamon toasted taco shells are filled with a honeyed greek yogurt topped with slightly sweetened fruit. Use your favorite fruit to individualize your guests tacos. Any sliced and diced fruit works great!
Try my Homemade Sopapillas too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
I used the stand n stuff tacos by Old El Paso. Use regular flour tortillas too. Could even be dessert tostadas.
Let’s start by brushing the inside of each shell with melted butter.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Mmmm! Time to bake until golden and crisp.
Sprinkle a spoonful of sugar over your sliced and diced fruit.
Stir and let sit for a few minutes.
Prepare your yogurt filling by stirring honey into the greek yogurt until sweetened and combined.
Fill each cooled taco shell 3/4 full with yogurt filling.
Top each taco with spoonfuls of sweet fruit.
Garnish each with a mint leaf if desired.
Churro Toasted Sweet Fruit Tacos
- 6 Stand n’ Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup diced peaches
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 cups plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place tortillas onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush tortillas with melted butter and sprinkle each with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake tortillas for 20 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place strawberries, peaches and blueberries into a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes. Place greek yogurt and honey into a large bowl, stirring to combine. Fill each tortilla shell 3/4 full with yogurt and top with spoonfuls of sweet fruit. Garnish each taco with a mint leaf if desired.