This Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting recipe is so good, you don’t even need the cupcakes! Eat it with a spoon or spread it on graham crackers for a simple treat.
The Best Cream Cheese Frosting
Sharing one of my “go to” frosting recipes that I’ve used for years. Adding cinnamon to my cream cheese frosting is dangeously delicious! Some people make frosting for cupcakes….I have to admit, sometimes I make this frosting just for digging in with a spoon or spreading over graham crackers. Yikes it’s good. Hope you enjoy!!
Cream cheese frosting is nice and simple to make. You need butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar/confectioners sugar and cinnamon.
Tips For Making Homemade Frosting
- The biggest pro tip for making homemade frosting is make sure your butter and cream cheese is at room temperature. This is so important. If you try to make frosting with cold cream cheese and butter, your texture will be completely different. Cream cheese gets very clumpy if tried to stir when cold. Learn from my mistakes on this one, lol!
- Use a large whisk to help beat frosting if using a mixing bowl. Place ingredients in a stand mixer for best results. Cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy then add powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- This frosting recipe will frost about 12 cupcakes. Double or even triple this recipe to frost a cake and have extra frosting for snacking with graham crackers and fruit.
- Use an offset spatula to frost your cupcakes, much easier than using a regular knife.
- Add some heavy cream to thin frosting and use as a fruit dip.
- This frosting is great over carrot cake, cinnamon rolls, yellow cake, brownies and just about any dessert needed frosting!
Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 3-4 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To prepare frosting, place butter and cream cheese into a mixing bowl, beating until creamy and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until you get the consistency you desire….between 3 and 4 cups. Stir in cinnamon then frost over cupcakes.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board