Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
These Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars could not be more delicious and perfect for a back to school weekend dessert!
You are in for such a treat with my Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars!
Bringing you a fun Back To School Weekend Dessert! This time of year is so exciting as our kids start a new school year. With so much going on, getting used to new schedules, things can get hectic too.
We want to help put you and your family first during this exciting but hectic time of year. One of the biggest things that has helped me for back to school season is organizing and preparing the kids school lunch the night before. I’m not saying we are perfect at this every day, but when we get lunches made before hand, our mornings seem to go so much smoother and enjoyable. I also like to make it a team effort. Mom makes the sandwiches and the kids get their snacks and water bottles ready. Team effort is always nice.
I love how General Mills Cereals is on a journey to make cereals even better, while removing things you don’t want so you can feel good about choosing cereal as your child’s first meal of the day. That means removing artificial flavors and colors from artificial sources, and using only real ingredients like honey, cocoa and cinnamon to make your family’s favorite General Mills cereals likes Honey Nut Cheerios, Chex, Cocoa Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and many more.
Today, more than 90 percent of General Mills cereal recipes do not have artificial flavors and colors from artificial sources.
Pour Dry Ingredients into Mixing Bowl
To make these gooey bars, start by adding your cereal and marshmallows into a large mixing bowl.
Give a nice stir and prepare your peanut butter sauce.
Prepare The Marshmallow Sauce
Heat up your corn syrup, brown sugar and peanut butter into a saucepan until it comes to a low boil. You’ll stir in your vanilla and salt too.
Pour Into Cereal Mixture and Work Quick!
Pour right over your cereal mixture.
Give a nice stir.
The trick is to not eat it out of the bowl at this point. Warm gooey bites of heaven right here 🙂
Transfer To Baking Dish
Transfer to your lined baking dish. Note: Spray your parchment with cooking spray, the bars will come out of the pan much easier.
Spread your mixture as evenly as possible.
Drizzle With Chocolate
Drizzle with chocolate.
A little drizzle of white chocolate too! Let cool and set up for a good hour before cutting into squares.
Cut Into Squares
These bars are so great for transporting to parties, the kids and adults love them!
The gooey factor is off the charts. Enjoy!
Check out my fun videos on how I make these fun bars!
Tips For Gooey Chocolate Peanut butter Crunch Bars
- Have all of your ingredients measured out before starting recipe
- Once marshmallow mixture is melted, you’ll want to work quick
- Grease your mixing spoon, so mixture doesn’t stick while stirring
- 3 cups Reese's Peanut Butter Puff's Cereal
- 3 cups Chocolate Cheerios Cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup white candy melts melted (I use Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts melted (I use Ghirardelli)
- Place cereal and marshmallows into a large mixing bowl. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Place brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir and let boil for one minute. Remove and stir in vanilla and salt. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until well combined, the marshmallows will melt while stirring. Pour cereal mixture into prepared baking dish spreading and pressing evenly, will be sticky, doesn't have to be perfect. Drizzle top layer with melted white chocolate then with melted chocolate. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve room temperature.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with General Mills. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.