Good Sunday everyone.
Looks like I’ve just about survived my first week in CA. I thought my husband was joking when he said there was an earthquake last Thursday evening. He went on and on about feeling the couch rattle. Sure enough he was right. We watched the news that evening and a fairly small earthquake hit southern CA. It wasn’t all that close to us, but he really felt it. This is all going to take some getting used to!
I’ve also enjoyed checking out 2 different farmer’s markets in the area which I am LOVING. The beach has been great even in the chilly windy weather. I am grateful my boys are transitioning well, I was so worried about it. Mason enjoys his new school and even had his first play day with a school friend who already calls Mason his best friend.
Now for the dinner. This is a great weeknight dinner that is hearty and warm. I made mine pretty mild by only adding 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce, but if you like it spicy, add more. I love the addition of the white beans, feel free to add any bean that your family likes, or leave them out. Any way you like it, it’s wonderful. I hope you all enjoy! Below the tortellini is a fun little breakfast bar I was playing around with. We loved them, check em out.
Creamy Chipotle Chicken Tortellini with White Beans and Cilantro
- 8 oz pkg cheese filled tortellini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotle chilies
- 2 cooked shredded chicken breasts
- 14 oz can navy or cannellini beans drained
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Melt butter into a medium dutch oven over medium heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until combined. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Increase heat to medium high while continuously whisking. Continue until mixture thickens. Reduce heat to low and stir in 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir until melted and smooth then add the adobo sauce. Add drained tortellini to pot along with chicken, beans and cilantro. Reduce heat to low and serve.
Good Morning Breakfast Bars
- 14 oz can condensed milk
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats or barley flakes
- 6 oz package craisins
- ½ cup dried pineapple
- 1 cup teddy graham trail mix
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Pour milk into a small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until warmed. Place milk along with remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl. With a rubber spatula, stir until combined, then pour into a well greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 1 hour, remove and let cool for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and let continue cooling. Store in an air tight container.
The boys and I hit the jackpot when I found Sprinkles seriously minutes away. I had the chocolate marshmallow cupcake with bittersweet ganache and I was in heaven! The boys are boring with their plain vanilla, but they loved it anyway!
Have a great week, more recipes coming soon!
I don’t write many remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here Creamy Chipotle Chicken Tortellini with White Beans and Cilantro – Picky Palate.
And I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright.
Could it bbe only mme or does it seem like a few
of the comments appear as if they are coming from brain dead folks?
😛 And, if you are posting on other online social sites,
I’d like to keep up with anything new you have to post.
Would you list of every one of all your social sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
Thank you for the huge review, but I m really love the new Zune, and i wish this, as well as the bad reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it s the right choice for you.
breakfast bars are nice addition to the kitchen, i would really love to install them at my own home ,”*
Wow…now this is my kind of pasta dish! This looks great!
Wow, this is some special tortellini! Looks delish. Would love to have that for dinner.
What a fun way to enjoy tortellini! The smoky of chipotle would add a great kick.
My family loves Tortellini! I’ll be making this recipe soon!
Yum I definitely want to try this!
I really need you to tell me what brand of Adobo sauce you use. I bought some last week to make your chicken salad recipe and was a little scared of the Adobo sauce. Is it supposed to be like a paste…It was very potent strong. It scared me a little. I would love to know what you use and where you get it. Thanks
My husband and I have been talking about moving to CA in the next few years – I could go for the farmers markets, but not the earthquakes!!
This looks like a delicious dinner!
welcome to california!
I made this tonight and just sampled a bite — TO DIE FOR! So good! Thanks for sharing the recipe. 🙂
that pasta looks great! what a twist on pasta! i am definitely going to have to bookmark that to try out
Both of these dishes look great. I love Sprinkles cupcakes, my favorites are red velvet and strawberry!