Good Sunday everyone.
Looks like I’ve just about survived my first week in CA. I thought my husband was joking when he said there was an earthquake last Thursday evening. He went on and on about feeling the couch rattle. Sure enough he was right. We watched the news that evening and a fairly small earthquake hit southern CA. It wasn’t all that close to us, but he really felt it. This is all going to take some getting used to!
I’ve also enjoyed checking out 2 different farmer’s markets in the area which I am LOVING. The beach has been great even in the chilly windy weather. I am grateful my boys are transitioning well, I was so worried about it. Mason enjoys his new school and even had his first play day with a school friend who already calls Mason his best friend.
Now for the dinner. This is a great weeknight dinner that is hearty and warm. I made mine pretty mild by only adding 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce, but if you like it spicy, add more. I love the addition of the white beans, feel free to add any bean that your family likes, or leave them out. Any way you like it, it’s wonderful. I hope you all enjoy! Below the tortellini is a fun little breakfast bar I was playing around with. We loved them, check em out.
Creamy Chipotle Chicken Tortellini with White Beans and Cilantro
- 8 oz pkg cheese filled tortellini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotle chilies
- 2 cooked shredded chicken breasts
- 14 oz can navy or cannellini beans drained
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Melt butter into a medium dutch oven over medium heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until combined. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Increase heat to medium high while continuously whisking. Continue until mixture thickens. Reduce heat to low and stir in 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir until melted and smooth then add the adobo sauce. Add drained tortellini to pot along with chicken, beans and cilantro. Reduce heat to low and serve.
Good Morning Breakfast Bars
- 14 oz can condensed milk
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats or barley flakes
- 6 oz package craisins
- ½ cup dried pineapple
- 1 cup teddy graham trail mix
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Pour milk into a small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until warmed. Place milk along with remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl. With a rubber spatula, stir until combined, then pour into a well greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 1 hour, remove and let cool for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and let continue cooling. Store in an air tight container.
The boys and I hit the jackpot when I found Sprinkles seriously minutes away. I had the chocolate marshmallow cupcake with bittersweet ganache and I was in heaven! The boys are boring with their plain vanilla, but they loved it anyway!
Have a great week, more recipes coming soon!