With Thanksgiving approaching fast, I thought it was time I shared my potato recipe. This is my own recipe for mashed potatoes and I love it! It’s creamy and tasty. If you’ve never roasted garlic before, there’s no better time than now to try it. It is so simple and it makes these potatoes incredible! Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 bulb garlic about 12 cloves
- 2 ½ lbs russet potatoes
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ stick butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bulb of garlic with skins on, wrap lightly in tin foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from foil and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove garlic from skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely mashed. Set aside.
- Peel and cube potatoes and boil for 15-18 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and transfer to a stand or electric mixer. Mix potatoes on low until combined. Add milk, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, salt, pepper and mashed roasted garlic. Top with a pad of butter or your favorite gravy. Enjoy!