Good Tuesday night! Hope everyone is enjoying their week so far. I had to laugh today when my 3 year old had his little Pillsbury Dough Boy toy that makes the laugh, you know, “he heeee”, in the Pillsbury dough boy voice. He loves pressing everyone’s belly then pushing his dough boy for the “he heeee.” Well guess where he was pushing on mommy to make the dough boy laugh? Yah, I’m sure you can guess. I kept trying to take his hands to the appropriate area, but he thought it was so funny to push mommy’s lovely lady lumps. The fascination of the woman’s body starts awfully early, little stinker!
Here is more of the good grub we ate over Labor Day Weekend that I’ve been talking about. This bacon is sure to cure any bad day. You would not believe the aroma that comes out of the oven as this is baking. After it cools you get a perfect crispy sweet and salty strip of bacon that incredible. Forget the other recipes, just have a plate of bacon for dinner!!
Maple Brown Sugar Bacon
12 strips applewood smoked bacon
¼ Cup pure maple syrup
¼ Cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an oven safe cooling rack with non stick cooking spray and place over a rimmed baking sheet. Place strips of bacon onto cooling rack and brush maple syrup evenly over each strip. Take pinches of brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over each strip of bacon. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until browned and crisped to your desire. I went closer to 40 minutes for a real crispy strip. Enjoy!
Ok, since I made a ton of bacon, I added it to some strips to a bag of beautiful mixed greens and made a quick and easy fig preserve vinaigrette that was fantastic. You could use just about any fruit preserves in place of the fig if you can’t find it. I just noticed the Super Walmart by my house sells fig preserves now. It is really good if you haven’t tried it and makes a tasty dressing.
Mixed Greens With Goat Cheese, Pecans, Sweet Bacon and Fig Preserve Vinaigrette
Fig Preserve Vinaigrette
½ Cup olive oil
¼ Cup balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
Bag of mixed greens
Crumbled Goat Cheese
Brown Sugar Maple Bacon (see recipe above)
1. Place fig preserves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper into a food processor. Process until emulsified. Set aside.
2. On salad plates arrange mixed greens, crumbled goat cheese, bacon pieces and pecans. Drizzle with fig preserve vinaigrette.
This chicken potato salad was a huge hit with my family. I will be making it again very soon. It’s perfect to take to any family gathering and can even be made the night before. The star of the salad is pieces of that maple brown sugar bacon, don’t leave it out!! Enjoy!
Chicken and Potato Salad With Maple Brown Sugar Bacon
5 medium-large Yukon Gold potatoes
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 Cup finely chopped celery
1 ½ Cups mayonnaise
¼ Cup Dill pickle relish
¼ Cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
6 strips maple brown sugar bacon (see recipe above)
1. Cube potatoes into 1 inch cubes, place in a big pot of water. Boil for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and let cool completely.
2. Place cooled potatoes, chicken breast and celery into a large bowl. In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, pickle relish, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Pour over potatoes chicken and celery. Stir in sweet bacon pieces and serve.
Enjoy your bacon! See you all soon with something tasty.