My Iced Brown Sugar Pumpkin Hand Pies are a simple dessert perfect for any occasion.
Fall baking is the best isn’t it? I could not be more in love with my Iced Brown Sugar Pumpkin Hand Pies. Literally just a few ingredients and you’ll have these warm flaky iced hand pies ready for the eatin’ 🙂
Start by cutting 6 rectangles from your puff pastry sheets making a total of 12.
Top half of the pastries with pumpkin cream cheese mixture and brown sugar mixture making sure to leave 1/4 inch border around edges.
Top the filled pastries with another pastry rectangle and press edges with a fork to seal.
I used a simple icing that I drizzled over the warm pastries. Serve warm or room temperature.
Sweet cinnamon, pumpkin and cream cheese in a flaky crust…..oh my!!
Iced Brown Sugar Pumpkin Hand Pies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 35 min
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white, whisked for egg wash
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner.
- Lay each puff pastry sheet flat and cut into 6 rectangles making 12 total. Place cream cheese and pumpkin into a small mixing bowl, stirring until smooth. Place a heaping tablespoon of pumpkin mixture over 6 of the cut pastry rectangles. Spread evenly leaving a 1/4 inch border around edges. Place brown sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl, stirring to combine. Sprinkle a generous spoonful over filling. Brush egg wash around edges of pastry then place remaining pastries over filled pastries. Use the tines of a fork to press and seal the edges tightly.
- Brush tops of pastries lightly with the egg wash. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk powdered sugar and water until thick and smooth. Drizzle over tops and serve warm or room temperature.
Makes 6 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.