Churro Toffee Disneyland Copycat Recipe
Nov 30, 2018 | Add Your Review
Sharing my Churro Toffee recipe with you today that tastes just like the ones that Disney California Adventure Park offers from Trolley Treats! Disneyland Copycat Recipes are some of my favorites to re-create, hope you enjoy this toffee recipe that makes you feel like you’re at the Parks!
I have so much fun creating Disneyland Copycat Recipes! Stay tuned for more coming soon. This is “Churro Toffee” as I like to call it from Disney California Adventure Park’s Trolley Treats located on Buena Vista Street! Before you learn to make homemade English Toffee, you’ll need to purchase a candy thermometer. Check the kitchen section from any Target or Walmart. Some grocery stores even carry them. Amazon is my favorite to order for quick delivery! Be sure to check out my Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookies for more Disney magic at home!
How To Make English Toffee
To start, you’ll need a large saucepan and 4 sticks of butter to start. That is equal to 2 cups. Place this over medium heat.
Add 2 cups of sugar and 1 teaspoon kosher salt to the saucepan as well. Couldn’t resist my Mickey spatula to help me out today, lol! Found him at the Parks a year or so ago.
Stir until butter and sugar is melted then place your candy thermometer in the saucepan. You’ll notice the mixture will bubble and boil. This is good. Be careful, it is very very hot. Stir every now and then until toffee mixture reaches 285-300 degrees F. Once it reaches 285 degrees, I remove it because it goes up quickly at this point.
Pour mixture into a parchment lined large baking sheet. I use the half sheet size 18 x 13-inches.
Be sure to read my recipe instructions carefully below, you have a couple options at this point. To make it look like what Trolley Treats serves, you’ll need a plastic knife to cut squares after toffee has set a couple minutes. You want to cut your squares while toffee is still soft. Go over your lines 4 or 5 times then refrigerate a good 20 minutes. Photo on the right is after the toffee was refrigerated for 20+ minutes. Remove it and break squares apart.
Another thing I recommend for simplicity, are the Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers. You’ll need 2-3 bags. Find them in the baking section of your grocery store or Amazon. They melt so easy and taste great. Melt your wafers in a heat proof bowl and get ready to dip your toffee!
Dip each piece of toffee in chocolate and place onto parchment paper.
Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon in a small bowl for your churro topping.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over chocolate and let set up a good 30-40 minutes.
Just like what you get from Trolley Treats made right in your own kitchen! Love it! Hope you enjoy.
- 4 sticks butter equal to 2 cups
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 bags Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Place parchment paper in large baking sheet. I used the half sheet size.
- Place the butter, sugar and salt in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Mixture will come to a boil, and cook until the mixture becomes a dark golden color. Cook and boil until the temperature has reached 285 degrees F (137 degrees C). Continue stirring occasionally.
- As soon as toffee reaches temperature, pour into prepared baking sheet. At this point, you can leave whole, and let set up for 20 minutes in refrigerator. Melt wafers according to package directions and pour over toffee. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture and let set up another 40 minutes. When set, break toffee into pieces and enjoy!
- OR if you want your toffee to look just like the ones that Trolley Treats serve, after toffee sits in baking sheet for about 2 minutes, take a plastic knife and start cutting into squares. Toffee will still be soft, so you want to cut the squares at this point. I go over these lines at least 4 or 5 times as the toffee starts to continue setting up. Once you are happy with your squares, place in refrigerator and let set for at least 20 minutes. Melt wafers according to package directions and dip each square into chocolate. Place onto parchment paper and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Let set up another 40 minutes and then enjoy!
This recipe has no association with Disneyland Resort, just a recipe from my kitchen, enjoy!
Pin Churro Toffee
Add a Review »
Other restaurants like this one...
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa Review
Mickey Mouse Sugar Cookie Recipe
Why You Should Visit Disney’s Aulani Resort
Disneyland Candy Canes Everything You Need To Know!