Throw the Superbowl bash of your life with these Smokin’ Mozzarella Balls! Gooey mozzarella cheese is fried in a crispy crust and served with marinara sauce for dipping.
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Balls
As promised, here is another terrific Superbowl recipe that is guaranteed to be a huge hit with your guests, and don’t tell anyone, they are a breeze to whip up. Bite size, smoky, crispy fried and ooey gooey delicious. Does it get much better than that? Don’t go thinking you’ll stop after one. Won’t happen!
Best of luck with all of you Superbowl cooking, and may the best team win!! Who’s performing half time this year? I will be watching that, oh and some of the commercials. My poor husband!
Smokin' Mozzarella Balls
- vegetable oil for frying
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella “Ciliegine” cherry tomato size, one container
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from can of chipotle peppers (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara or other pasta sauce, warmed
- Pour a couple inches of oil into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to 350°F with an appropriate thermometer.
- Drain liquid from mozzarella balls and pat dry with paper towels. Place flour, salt and pepper into medium size bowl. Place egg and adobo sauce into a second bowl; whisk to combine. Place bread crumbs and parmesan cheese into a 3rd bowl; mix to combine. Roll mozzarella into flour, then into eggs, then press into bread crumb mixture.
- Carefully place 4-5 coated balls at a time into hot oil. Use a “spider” to constantly move them around in oil. Cook for 30-60 seconds or until golden. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Continue until all have been fried.
- Place all balls onto a serving plate along with a bowl of marinara sauce. Serve warm.
Enjoy the rest of your week, see you soon with some wintery dinner recipes!