This Creamy BBQ Chicken Pizza Pasta Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner for busy times. It’s such a comforting dish that is sure to hit the spot!
The Best Pasta Casserole
Bring on the pasta bake recipes for dinner!! Some of my favorite recipes to develops are quick and easy dinners. This pasta has all of my favorite BBQ Chicken Pizza flavors all baked up in a baking dish of pasta. Give yourself about 30 minutes and this dinner will be on your kitchen table. Hope you enjoy!
Try my Chicken Caprese Pasta Bake recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pasta Bake
Start by sautéing chopped red onion in a large dutch oven. Add some fresh corn kernels, BBQ sauce, cream, cooked pasta and chopped cilantro.
Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Top with sliced grilled chicken.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake for about 20 minutes and enjoy!
Tips For A Quick & Easy Dinner Time
- Keep your pantry PACKED with basics like frozen veggies, dressings or vinaigrettes, spices, pasta, rice e.t.c.
- When grocery shopping, have a list so you don’t forget anything.
- Set up a meal plan for the whole week when possible. It helps with organization.
- Utilize leftovers! They can be used for next day’s lunch or dinner OR if there are a lot of leftovers, you can do some meal prep for the next few days. You can also freeze leftovers to enjoy later.
- Make a simple salad to complete your quick dinner. To save time, buy pre-washed/ pre-chopped vegetable packets.
- We go through lots of rotisserie chicken in outhouse that helps make dinner time a breeze. Keeping your refrigerator stocked with your family’s favorite foods help throw together quick meals. Trader Joe’s has been a lifesaver too. No shame in purchasing their amazing freezer items. The kids love it. I doctor them up a bit and they make great dinner ideas!
Creamy BBQ Chicken Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 pound dry mini penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups prepared BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup half and half or whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and corn, cook and stir for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in BBQ sauce and cream, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then add cooked pasta, stirring to combine. Transfer to baking dish, top with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.