Salsa Verde Chicken Quesadilla
Sharing a favorite chicken quesadilla today! My Salsa Verde Chicken and Black Bean 3 Cheese Quesadilla makes the perfect quick and simple weeknight dinner or lunch!
We are a quesadilla family for sure. This chicken quesadilla recipe is so good and so simple. There’s nothing more that I love than a hot buttery crisp quesadilla right off of the skillet. I have developed a Southwest style quesadilla with some of my favorite ingredients. I prepared a salsa verde shredded chicken that’s layered with 3 cheeses and black beans stuffed inside buttery tortillas.
How To Make Chicken Quesadillas
To start the quesadillas, use your favorite tortillas.
Add a nice tablespoon of butter into your skillet.
Layer your tortilla with cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
Add a layer of black beans, feta cheese and more cheddar and mozzarella. Fold tortilla over filling and cook until golden on both sides. Remove from skillet and cut quesadilla in half.
Cheesy goodness with salsa verde chicken and black beans! Enjoy!
Tips For Making Quesadillas
- I like to use a non-stick skillet.
- Butter the skillet for each quesadilla for a crispy tortilla.
- Use different cheeses for variety.
- Add roasted vegetables to your quesadilla for more variations.
- Try chicken, steak and shrimp too.
- 4 burrito size tortillas
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa verde salsa
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Heat large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken and salsa verde into a medium mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Melt butter in skillet and add one tortilla at a time. Layer one half of tortilla with cheddar cheese, mozzarella, chicken mixture, black beans, feta, and additional cheddar and mozzarella. Fold tortilla over filled layer and press with spatula. Cook both sides until golden brown. Remove from heat and cut quesadillas in half.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.