You are in for such a treat with my Gooey Cookies and Cream Double Chocolate Cake Bars recipe! This bar is just that…over the top and decadent. With just a few simple pantry ingredients, you’ll have this fun recipe staring right at ya, lol! My mom and I whipped this together last week and we are glad we did. Chocolate overload! Exactly how I like it.
Enjoy another crazy bar from Moi 🙂
You’ll need a Devil’s food cake mix, 1 egg and 1 stick softened butter (1/2 cup/8 tablespoons). Mix, Mix, Mix.
I use my hands to mix and you’ll get a firm dough like so.
Break it in chunks and place evenly into a 9×13 inch baking pan.
Press into pan until even.
I’ve baked a thing or two with these bad boys haven’t I? Take 14 of them and break them into pieces.
Place them evenly over top.
Pour a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk over top of cookies like my sweet mom is doing here 🙂
Why not add some chocolate chips right?
Once cooled, cut into squares and be prepared to swoon! Enjoy 🙂
Gooey Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake Bars
- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix 9 x 13 size
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 Oreo Cookies broken into bite size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9x13 inch baking pan with tin foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cake mix, butter and egg into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Use your hands, it works much quicker 🙂 Press into prepared baking pan. Top with broken pieces of cookies.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cookies and top with chocolate chips. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven.
- After 5 minutes of cooling, run a plastic knife around edges to loosen, this makes it much easier to remove from foil. Let cool completely, remove foil from pan, then cut into squares. I cut off all of the edges before cutting into squares (makes for neater squares), but do whatever you'd like!!