You are in for such a treat with my Gooey Cookies and Cream Double Chocolate Cake Bars recipe! This bar is just that…over the top and decadent. With just a few simple pantry ingredients, you’ll have this fun recipe staring right at ya, lol! My mom and I whipped this together last week and we are glad we did. Chocolate overload! Exactly how I like it.
Enjoy another crazy bar from Moi 🙂
You’ll need a Devil’s food cake mix, 1 egg and 1 stick softened butter (1/2 cup/8 tablespoons). Mix, Mix, Mix.
I use my hands to mix and you’ll get a firm dough like so.
Break it in chunks and place evenly into a 9×13 inch baking pan.
Press into pan until even.
I’ve baked a thing or two with these bad boys haven’t I? Take 14 of them and break them into pieces.
Place them evenly over top.
Pour a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk over top of cookies like my sweet mom is doing here 🙂
Why not add some chocolate chips right?
Once cooled, cut into squares and be prepared to swoon! Enjoy 🙂
- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix 9 x 13 size
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 Oreo Cookies broken into bite size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9x13 inch baking pan with tin foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cake mix, butter and egg into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Use your hands, it works much quicker 🙂 Press into prepared baking pan. Top with broken pieces of cookies.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cookies and top with chocolate chips. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven.
- After 5 minutes of cooling, run a plastic knife around edges to loosen, this makes it much easier to remove from foil. Let cool completely, remove foil from pan, then cut into squares. I cut off all of the edges before cutting into squares (makes for neater squares), but do whatever you'd like!!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.