This Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos recipe makes the perfect yummy cookies for your family and friends. It’s such a fun recipe to make with your kids, too!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos
I’ve got such a great chocolate chip cookie recipe for you today!! These Chocolate Chip Stuffed Oreo Cookies are so much fun! These are an inside out spin on my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies that are equally as fun and equally as irresistible.
Take a look at how simple these are to prepare.
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
What Makes a Great Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
There are so many factors that go into make an amazing chocolate chip cookie, but let’s talk about the most important ones.
- Use a good quality salted butter. You want to make sure your butter is room temperature before starting your cookie dough. I will heat mine in the microwave until softened, be careful you don’t melt it though!
- Don’t over mix your dough. When you add your dry ingredients, only mix until dough is formed.
- Get creative with your add-ins. Some days I’ll use chocolate chips, some days I’ll use M&M’s and some days I’ll use chopped up candy bars….and even OREO cookies. Have fun with it!
- Use a tried and true baking sheet. I love my half sheet baking pans from Willliams Sonoma. They WORK great. Find one that works best for you and use it regularly.
- Use parchment paper over your baking sheet. I find that using parchment paper gives me the best results!
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos
To start, you’ll need a nice package of Oreo Cookies of your choice. Double Stuf, Mega Stuf, regular….whatever you like. A beautiful sight, aren’t they?
You’ll need to twist each Oreo cookie apart and you’ll bake with the non-cream side.
I had my sweet boys helping me with this recipe. These photos are from 2012 and my 2018 self is crying!! He’s 16 now. Ok, no more talking about that.
We start by creaming the butter and sugars.
Let the mixer go for 2-3 minutes until nice and creamy.
Add your nice egg and a splash of vanilla next.
Time for the dry ingredients! This little bear is 13 now! Oh how time flies you guys.
Oh yah!! Mini chocolate chips work best for this recipe if you can find them at your grocery store.
Use your smallest cookie scoop or a tablespoon. You’ll scoop only 1 tablespoon of dough on top of the non-cream sided Oreo.
Ready to bake. 350 degrees F. for about 8 minutes. My biggest tip for this recipe is do NOT add more than 1 tablespoon of dough on top of each Oreo. The cookie will spread over the Oreo….not the end of the world, but just doesn’t look as nice.
Baked until golden and fabulous. If your cookie bakes over your Oreo you can take a plastic knife and push the cookie back around the Oreo. Do this while the cookies are hot.
While the cookie is still warm, top the cream-sided Oreo right on top pressing slightly.
This allows the cream to melt a bit. You’ll see what I mean in the next photo 🙂
How fun is this?! They are pretty darn good too.
I couldn’t decide if I liked these cookies right out of the oven or at room temperature. Both…yum!
Hope you enjoy!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos
- 1 stick 8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 32 Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes until nice and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, then mix until combined. Next, add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Then add chocolate chips.
- Twist oreos apart and line baking sheet with non-cream sides. Scoop 1 tbsp of cookie dough onto each oreo cookie piece.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until cookie dough has reached your preferred crispiness. While cooling, press the cream-sided oreo cookie on top of the chocolate chip cookie, pressing slightly. Cool to desired temperature and enjoy!