This Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos recipe makes the perfect yummy cookies for your family and friends. It’s such a fun recipe to make with your kids, too!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos
I’ve got such a great chocolate chip cookie recipe for you today!! These Chocolate Chip Stuffed Oreo Cookies are so much fun! These are an inside out spin on my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies that are equally as fun and equally as irresistible.
Take a look at how simple these are to prepare.
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
What Makes a Great Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
There are so many factors that go into make an amazing chocolate chip cookie, but let’s talk about the most important ones.
- Use a good quality salted butter. You want to make sure your butter is room temperature before starting your cookie dough. I will heat mine in the microwave until softened, be careful you don’t melt it though!
- Don’t over mix your dough. When you add your dry ingredients, only mix until dough is formed.
- Get creative with your add-ins. Some days I’ll use chocolate chips, some days I’ll use M&M’s and some days I’ll use chopped up candy bars….and even OREO cookies. Have fun with it!
- Use a tried and true baking sheet. I love my half sheet baking pans from Willliams Sonoma. They WORK great. Find one that works best for you and use it regularly.
- Use parchment paper over your baking sheet. I find that using parchment paper gives me the best results!
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos
To start, you’ll need a nice package of Oreo Cookies of your choice. Double Stuf, Mega Stuf, regular….whatever you like. A beautiful sight, aren’t they?
You’ll need to twist each Oreo cookie apart and you’ll bake with the non-cream side.
I had my sweet boys helping me with this recipe. These photos are from 2012 and my 2018 self is crying!! He’s 16 now. Ok, no more talking about that.
We start by creaming the butter and sugars.
Let the mixer go for 2-3 minutes until nice and creamy.
Add your nice egg and a splash of vanilla next.
Time for the dry ingredients! This little bear is 13 now! Oh how time flies you guys.
Oh yah!! Mini chocolate chips work best for this recipe if you can find them at your grocery store.
Use your smallest cookie scoop or a tablespoon. You’ll scoop only 1 tablespoon of dough on top of the non-cream sided Oreo.
Ready to bake. 350 degrees F. for about 8 minutes. My biggest tip for this recipe is do NOT add more than 1 tablespoon of dough on top of each Oreo. The cookie will spread over the Oreo….not the end of the world, but just doesn’t look as nice.
Baked until golden and fabulous. If your cookie bakes over your Oreo you can take a plastic knife and push the cookie back around the Oreo. Do this while the cookies are hot.
While the cookie is still warm, top the cream-sided Oreo right on top pressing slightly.
This allows the cream to melt a bit. You’ll see what I mean in the next photo 🙂
How fun is this?! They are pretty darn good too.
I couldn’t decide if I liked these cookies right out of the oven or at room temperature. Both…yum!
Hope you enjoy!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos
- 1 stick 8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 32 Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes until nice and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, then mix until combined. Next, add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Then add chocolate chips.
- Twist oreos apart and line baking sheet with non-cream sides. Scoop 1 tbsp of cookie dough onto each oreo cookie piece.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until cookie dough has reached your preferred crispiness. While cooling, press the cream-sided oreo cookie on top of the chocolate chip cookie, pressing slightly. Cool to desired temperature and enjoy!
Pin Chocolate Chip Cookie Stuffed Oreos
I made these for my twins classroom cookie exchange activity. They are easy to make and tasted great. I figured it’d be a hit for fourth grade kids. I would comment that “Original Oreos” just don’t cut it for the frosting to cookie ratio though and would make them again but only with the “double stuffed” Oreos.
This is such a creative idea! Looks and sounds delicious – perfect for kids too!
Would it be total overkill if I dipped these in cany melts when cooled? Lol.
Omg, these look so good. On my way to the store now to get the ingredients.
Hi do you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re utilizing?
I’ve loaded your site in 3 different internet browsers and I
have to admit this website loads a great deal quicker then most.
Could you recommend an effective hosting provider with a honest
price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!
These look absolutely amazing. Perfect dessert to make with the kids this weekend!
Just made these this morning. Oh man they are delicious!!! Thank you for the amazing recipes that you come up with 🙂
When my roommate and I made these, we found that a tablespoon was way too much to put on top of each cookie. We found about a half tablespoon or less was perfect.
Seriously? You are like a Godsend. Am making these this weekend but am using the red oreos to add a bit of holiday flair. Do. Not. Ever. Stop. Blogging. 🙂
OMG! I just made these and fell in love!!!! They are so darn good! Instead of using regular Oreos and milk chocolate chips…. I used MINT oreos and mint and milk chocolate chips… and WOW loved the extra zing of flavor!
Both your ideas are genius! Seriously…how could someone NOT come up with this idea any sooner than you did! LOL
I’m going to have to try this!
I made these today and I ate one warm and one cool and they were both WONDERFUL! My grandchildren will love these!! Thank you Jenny for another great recipe!!
Made these last night for Back to School Night. Needless to say, I didn’t bring any home! They were fabulous. I love the Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, but these gave me the same flavor and were super easy! Thanks for posting!
Made these today. They were super easy and delish! It did require much more baking time- approximately 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees and I managed to squeak out about 50 cookies. I use a heaping teaspoon, so there would not be any spillage. Thanks for this tasty recipe!
You are like the evil genius of the cookie world. These are so fun, and so over the top amazing!! It is a really really good thing I don’t have Oreo’s on the house, or I would be in the kitchen right now and 5 pounds heavier tomorrow 🙂
Just plain crazy good! and I was cleaning out my pantry and found a whole bag of oreos begging me to do something with. YUP! this is the one!
I’m going to have to try this sometime…add to my “must do” list!
Those look like so much fun! I love them and I am so excited for you to meet your new little guy too! I cant wait to see pictures 🙂
Well these are just plain crazy. I was pretty sure you couldn’t make an Oreo cookie better and I now stand corrected.